Chapter 6

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chorong's Point of View]

"Unnie...please don't leave me.."

Bomi's hands grabbed onto mine as she held them close to her chest. I could see the tears flowing from the corner of her eyes and down the side of her face. 

Reaching out to gently brush them away, I felt my heart ache at seeing her tormented state.

"Bomm-ah..I could never leave you. I just don't know if I could love you in the way you want me to." 

Feeling my own eyes turn moist, I sniffed loudly, trying to prevent actual tears from falling.

"I'm sorry unnie."

A soft and weak voice enter my ears and I looked up only to have my gaze captured by a pair of sad orbs. 

"Bomm-ah, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

Not answering my question, Bomi continued apologizing. 

"I'm sorry unnie. I put you in a spot. I must have been crazy to have told you the things I did. Please don't feel burdened by my words. You don't have to act differently with me. Just forget I ever said anything."

I opened my mouth to say something. But I closed it again when I realized I didn't know what to say. Bomi was trying so hard to let me feel less awkward. I really appreciate her effort but I couldn't reciprocate her feelings. 

The room fell into silence as neither of us spoke. 

"Unnie, I'm really hungry. Do you think you could get me something to eat?"

Bomi's smile was bright. It was almost as if she was back to her normal self. I missed that smile, I missed the happy, bouncy Yoon Bomi. 

"Sure Paborilla. What would you like?"

"I'll eat anything unnie buys."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

[Bomi's Point of View]

"Bye Unnie, see you next week. Remember to get me some yummy food from your hometown!"

I bade Chorong farewell with the biggest smile I could muster. She didn't want to go back home at first. She only relented after I convinced her that things were alright between us. That and her dad calling her mobile quite a number of times to persuade her to go home. We seldom had any off days ever since the group got popular and it was understandable that her family would want to spend whatever time they could together.

The bowl of soup which Chorong had bought for me sat on the bedside table, untouched once Chorong left. I honestly had no appetite. The only reason why I had asked her to buy me some food was so that I could cry without her seeing it. I remember the nightmare in which Chorong glared at me disgusted. How she pulled away f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter