Chapter 16

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunji-ah, hurry up!"

Chorong dragged the half asleep Busan native along as she speed walked through the streets of Seoul. Stifling a yawn, the younger remarked.

"Why the rush home unnie? We could've stayed at the company since the others will be arriving for practice later."

"I er..I need a shower... and... change of clothes."

Making up a random excuse to cover up the real reason why she was rushing home, Chorong tried to hide the fact that she was worried sick about a certain Yoon Bomi. She had barely slept a wink throughout the previous night, anxiously fretting about why the younger hadn't replied to her message. That was why she had shaken Eunji awake as soon as day broke and forced the sleepyhead to accompany her home in order to personally check up on the Pabomi.

"I'm gonna catch a short nap."

Eunji informed her leader as she pushed open the door leading to her bedroom. Dropping her phone on the nearest flat surface, she fell face first into the coziness of her favorite pillow and started snoozing. As Eunji hadn't shut the door, Chorong poked her head in to peek at Bomi's bed. She had wanted to ascertain that the person weighing on her mind was safe but she didn't expect to be met with an empty bunk. Had Bomi already woken up? 

Disheartened, Chorong walked past the next room which had its door left open. She happened to glance sideways and immediately her attention was captured by the two figures lying on the same bed.

Taking a step further into the room shared by their center and maknae, Chorong's hand flew to cover when she saw how close the two girls were lying beside each other.

Naeun had latched onto Bomi's arm with her head resting on the elder's shoulder. The blissful smile on Naeun's face was unmistakeable and Chorong found it difficult to produce a positive expression at seeing the adorable image of her members finding comfort in each other.

Why did her chest feel stuffy and constricted? Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Chorong backed out of the room and closed the door behind her, a bitter smile gracing her lips.

"So this is why you didn't reply to my text."

------------------------

"Is this the standard you guys should be giving?! Again!"

Chorong barked out the orders to run through their latest dance one more time resulting in a chorus of sorrowful protest. The girls had been practising for hours and were beyond tired. All of their bodies were aching from the intense routine. When their strict leader finally called for a short break, Namjoo and Hayoung collapsed onto the floor, thankful for the intermission. They could take just so much of the training from hell.

"What's wrong with Rong unnie? She's even more than usual."

"Yeah, she made us redo the entire choreography just because my wrist wasn't tilted at the correct angle. I mean what the f***?"

"Yah! Oh Hayoung, where did you learn to cuss like that?"

"Oops sorry unnie, everyone's using it at school."

The second youngest in Apink frowned at the coarse language uttered by the maknae. She definitely had to keep a closer eye on Hayoung. The girl was at a vulnerable age and they couldn't afford for her to be influenced by the negative occurrences

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter