Chapter 44

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt like an orchestra was playing in Kim Namjoo's head as she opened her eyes. She realized that she was lying on her tummy with one arm beneath her chin. Needless to say, her entire hand felt like a thousand needles were pricking on it simultaneously as she suffered the effects of having it pinned down the whole night.

Shifting slightly and rolling onto her back, the girl who was feeling the effects of the previous night's drinking was in a somewhat groggy state. It took some time before she noticed that she was looking down at bare skin when the sheets slipped down and fell at her waist.

in a deep breath and gasping out loud at the lack of any shred of clothing covering her body, the sleepiness Namjoo had been feeling disappeared in an instant and she bolted upright immediately from her horizontal position.

The sudden and abrupt movement caused her head to spin and she used one hand to support herself from falling sideways onto the bed. When she finally regained her balance, Namjoo's eyes widened to twice their usual size when she saw that another person was lying with her on the same bed.

The person in question was none other than the maknae who was presently snoring away in soft rythemic tones.

Sweeping her gaze between the sleeping form of Oh Hayoung and back to her own body several times, Namjoo's grip on the blanket covering her torso tightened when the reality of what had happened slowly sank in.

Did she and Hayoung engage in the unspoken ual activity the previous night?

Covering her face with both hands, the twenty two year old sobbed sorrowfully and her shoulders shook from how hard she was crying. Her weeping woke the sleeping maknae and Hayoung cracked open one eye to survey her surroundings. This was followed by the other eye until they both grew accustomed to the daylight.

After a good minute or two, Hayoung's brain finally kicked in and she was able to process that Namjoo was crying. This image of her unnie looking so sad and depressed shocked her wide awake.

Pushing herself up with both hands, Hayoung pulled Namjoo into her arms and cradled the older girl close. 

"What's going on Joo unnie?"

Unfortunately Namjoo could not answer her in a coherent manner and only continue crying like a lost child. Feeling exceeding helpless at not being able to successfully console her, Hayoung could only rub her back in small circles and say soothing words until Namjoo's crying gradually ceased.

Gazing up at the person who was holding her so gently it was as though she might break, Namjoo bit onto her lower lip and said in a trembling voice.

"We've committed an unforgivable deed against Naeun unnie. How could we have done...that! How are we going to face her now?"

It took some time for Hayoung to understand what her unnie was talking about. When she finally realized the meaning behind that comment, the younger girl couldn't help but to double over in laughter. 

Watching how Hayoung's eyes twinkled and the amount of glee she was exhibiting baffled Namjoo as she could not understand how the other girl found this situation funny. Not only had they betrayed Naeun's trust, they had crossed the line of being solely friends and fellow team mates.

"Oh Hayoung! How exactly is this funny?"

Straightening her back to look the elder in the eyes, Hayoung spoke in a slow and solemn manner in order to get her message across.

"We didn't do anything wrong Joo unnie. Naeun unnie and I aren't reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter