Chapter 14

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Bomi didn't recall any of the events that took place after she witnessed the two most important people in her life making out. She didn't know that she had stumbled down the steps in a daze and pushed the bags of food into the arms of a random staff member. The only image etched vividly into her mind was that of Chorong wrapping her hands around Eunji's neck and pulling her close, rewarding the younger girl with a sloppy kiss.

She did not remember how she had ended up in the furthest corner of a random bar, drowning her sorrows in every alcoholic beverage the joint had to offer. The endless empty glasses piled up faster than the bartender could clear them and in no time, Yoon Bomi was a drunkened mess. and stomach burned from consuming an excessive amount of liquor and the rising nausea was a clear indication that her body had reached its limit.

Yet the stubborn girl fought back the nausea to down even more alcohol. She was determined to use any and every method to obliterate the memory of one Park Chorong from invading her mind. However, the dulling of her motor skills and spinning mind did little to help her forget the physical and mental pain which was presently engulfing her entire being.

Some time during the night, Bomi got up unsteadily from the counter area and found her way to the back alley. The lane was deserted and the darkened area allowed the intoxicated female to retch without reservations. Leaning one hand against the cold brick wall for support, Bomi vomited her stomach contents all over the ground. She had barely managed to regain her breath when she was grabbed roughly and thrown back first into a line of steel containers. The sudden attack was immediately followed up by a series of kicks and punches. On reflex, Bomi curled her body up, trying her best to shield herself from the merciless thrashing.

After what seemed like an eternity, the beatings finally stopped. Cracking one swollen eye open, Bomi saw a trio of gruffy looking men standing above her. Due to the lack of lighting in the alley, she couldn't see their faces but she could hear the gist of their dialogue. 

"That Kim guy said to make sure she can't even stand up."

Upon hearing his instruction, two of the men hoisted Bomi upright and held her by her arms while the third searched the grounds for a suitable weapon. Once he found one in the form of a thick wooden staff, he raised it high into the air and swung it down with massive speed. The club like timber lashed onto Bomi's abdomen with such great impact that the injured girl started to cough blood.

The men didn't halt their actions and the bashing continued until Bomi's body went limp from the senseless assault. Clasping Bomi's chin in a strong grip, one of the men lifted her hanging head to confirm that their victim had passed out fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter