Chapter 30

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Hayoung was lying flat on her back with her line of sight focused on a particular spot on the ceiling for the past hour. Her mind had been thrown into turmoil ever since her unnie's shocking confession earlier that evening. Why did the group's center lie about them dating when all they had ever been were good friends and roommates?

The maknae's thoughts were disrupted when the sounds of soft sobbing entered her ears. Rolling onto her side, Hayoung peeked over the edge of her bed to find the other occupant of the room crying with her face hidden in her hands.

Feeling her own eyes well up at witnessing the terribly heartbreaking scene, Hayoung sat up and slowly descended the ladder affixed to the side of their shared bunk beds. 

Going to squat down by Naeun's bedside, Hayoung gently tugged at the older's hand until her face was on longer covered.

Proceeding to comfort her by grazing the back of her fingers across Naeun's cheek, Hayoung flashed a small smile at her unnie who was currently staring back at her with a curious look. And just like that, the two exchanged gazes until Naeun finally broke the silence.

"Aren't you going to ask me what that was about?"

Shaking her head slightly from side to side such that strands from her short bob like hair flew in various directions in a messy yet y manner, Hayoung's action made it clear that she didn't take to heart what her unnie had done. She then crawled onto the bed and slouched down beside Naeun, bringing both knees close to her chest. She further went on to make herself comfortable by resting her arms on top of her bent knees.

"I believe that unnie has her reasons and I'll support unnie no matter what."

Replying the solemn question in a breezy manner, Hayoung gave the impression that the situation they were facing wasn't an issue at all.

"But...but..aren't you shocked? Aren't you angry that I made use of you without even asking for your views?"

Hearing Naeun's quiet question and sensing the deep hurt in her voice, Hayoung twisted her head to the side in a bid to observe her unnie. What resulted was the maknae staring at close distance the flawless yet confused face of the elder. Unbeknownst to herself, Hayoung had blushed a deep red at being so near to the feminine and highly reserved beauty.

The nineteen year old had always knew that her unnie was beautiful and cute both inside and out. However it wasn't everyday that Naeun revealed this vulnerable side of her to the other members. Now that Hayoung got to see it first hand, she felt the need and responsibility to cheer her up and take care of this unnie whose heart had been deeply wounded.

"I trust you unnie. Just like how I know you too have full trust in me."

The two remained seated this way with their eyes locked in an intense gaze until Naeun wrapped her arms around the younger's shoulders and pulled her close, nuzzling her face into Hayoung's neck. Taking in a deep breath and releasing it with a contented sigh, Naeun took comfort in the warmth that the tall youngster was exuding.

For some strange reason Naeun no longer felt depressed or frustrated. On the contrary, she relished the feeling of being so near to the dongseng whom she had spent many a night having heart to heart talks with. Encouraged by Naeun's behavior, Hayoung shifted her body such that she could snake both arms around the other's waist to envelope her in an assuring embrace. Placing her lips next to Naeun's ear, she whispered in a low voice.

"Unnie can count on Hayoungie. I will always stand on unnie's side."

--------------------------------------------------------

By the time Kim Namjoo re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter