Chapter 34

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunji unnie likes...me?"

Son Naeun stammered as she stared at her dongseng with a baffled expression on her beautiful face.

"Bbut...how could that be?"

"What is so hard to believe about it, unnie? You are a gorgeous lady."

Although the statement was spoken as if was the most normal thing in the world, the pure revelation of this information still brought a faint blush to Naeun's cheeks.

"That's not true! I'm hardly pretty. My face gets bloated easily and I can't act, not to mention..."

Planting both of her hands on the older girl's shoulders in a firm grip, Oh Hayoung forced the center of Apink to face her. Satisfied that she had gotten her complete attention, the twenty year old proceeded to run one hand through her hair before sighing dramatically.

"Oh come on unnie, there is a reason why you make the list of most beautiful Kpop idols. Besides, I too would have fallen for you if I didn't already feel something for Namjoo unnie. And we all know I have good taste."

Ending her little speech with a mischievous wink, Hayoung didn't seem fazed when Naeun picked up on the most significant detail in her ramble and was once again left awestruck.

"You have feelings for Namjoo!? Wait a sec, where was I when all this was taking place?"

Shoving the forgotten hairdryer which was resting on the bed in between the pair aside with unnecessary force, Naeun maneuvered herself into the now free space and inched closer to her favourite dongseng.

"Why are you saying this as if it didn't matter?"

Folding her arms across her chest, Hayoung straightened her back, took in a deep breath and released it slowly to gather her thoughts.

"Because..."

Tilting her head slightly as her gaze connected with the elder girl's, she continued.

"It would only matter if I was saying it to Namjoo unnie."

"Wow..."

This time it was Naeun's turn to release her breath. Finding out that her fellow group mate carried a touch for her was news but learning that her wacky little junior held affection for the drama queen of the tuple was beyond shocking. Barely able to regain her composure, Naeun stared hard at the baby faced female.

"Hayoungie...you are all... grown up."

Sliding her forefinger beneath her right eye to halt the tear drop which had escaped so naturally, Naeun sniffed a little at the thought of their maknae turning into a real adult. Time really does fly when you least expect it. Barely able to conceal her grin, Hayoung couldn't resist having a little fun by teasing her seemingly fragile best friend.

"Stop being so melodramatic unnie."

Becoming somewhat annoyed by the tiny smirk that her soulmate was flashing so obviously, Naeun pouted and complained in a whiny voice.

"Oh Hayoung, quit making fun of your unnie or I swear I'm gonna make you regret ever laughing at me!"

Bouncing to her feet in an instant, Hayoung jumped onto the adjacent bed and stuck out her tongue.

"That is if you can catch me unnie."

"Yah!! Get back here you little twerp!!"

The rest of the night saw the two girls chasing each other around their hotel suite shrieking and laughing at the atrocity of their actions. It was amazing none of the occupants on the same floor filed a complaint. It was nearly half past three in the morning by the time the energy levels of the young women ran low. Huddled together on one of the super single beds, they fell asleep with smiles on their tired faces, hands tangled together in a loose hold.

--------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter