Chapter 18

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The arms wrapped around Bomi's waist gradually eased as the tired leader drifted off to sleep in the comforting embrace of the person she trusted the most. The day had been a tiring one for Chorong and the lack of rest the previous night had left her thoroughly exhausted. Unfortunately the decreased pressure did little to lessen the pain Bomi was feeling as her entire body felt like it was on fire.

Greatly weakened, she found it difficult to even continue sitting upright. Lying down slowly, Bomi rested Chorong's head in the crook of her arm as she lay on her side, staring quietly at the sleeping girl. Allowing Chorong to lie on her arm for a prolonged period would most likely numb it but Bomi didn't mind going through some discomfort as long as the older girl could nap well.

Bomi's eyes had by now grown accustomed to the dark and she could vaguely make out Chorong's silhouette in the dim environment. Keeping her vision trained on the older girl's perfect face, Bomi took in every detail of Chorong's exquisite features.

Realizing that she was basically gawking at Chorong, Bomi wanted to chuckle at her stalker like behavior. Regrettably her sprightly mood didn't last as she began coughing, the hacking movement bringing a fresh round of pain to her torso. Not wanting to wake the obviously fatigued girl, Bomi clamped her free hand over , trying her best to muffle any noise that was being emitted. The forced action worsened her body condition and the injured girl's mind rapidly became drowsy from the dizziness she was experiencing.

Chorong shifted her body and groaned softly at the soreness in her muscles. Taking some time to let her mind comprehend her current situation, she finally remembered how she ended up lying on the hard floor and staring up at a different ceiling from the usual white one that met her eyes whenever she woke up in her bedroom. The lights flickering on at this moment blinded her eyes and Chorong had to squint to block out some of the glaring illumination. 

Although the electricity had resumed, Chorong felt that it was much too late to continue practising. Deciding that they should end rehearsal and just head back to the dorm, Chorong called out to Bomi with the intention of waking her.

Rising her arms into the air as she sat up into a cross legged position, Chorong then twisted her body from side to side in an effort to loosen her stiff body which was aching from sleeping on the hard surface.

Seeing no response from her companion whose head was facing the other direction, Chorong leaned down nearer to Bomi in order to shake her awake.

"Bbom-ah."

Repeating her nickname in that soft nasal voice that Chorong used whenever she called out to Bomi, the older girl was startled by the heat radiating from Bomi's body. Turning the younger's face over so she could see her better, Chorong gasped at the sight of Bomi's abnormally pale complexion and her lips which were stained with dried blood.

"I don't care...if you beat me up. Just don't... hurt unnie."

Bomi's voice wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter