Chapter 32

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The journey back to the hotel room shared by the two eldest of the group was filled with overwhelming silence as neither girl spoke. Although Bomi’s arm was slung over Naeun’s shoulder and the younger girl was trying her best to assist her unnie in walking, her efforts proved to be rather useless as the older girl placed most of her weight on the leg which was hurting less.

Practically limping along as she tried to advance in the most efficient manner she could, Naeun watched wordlessly at the girl who was swaying precariously from side to side.

Judging from her unnie’s actions, Naeun could immediately tell that Bomi was apprehensive about accepting her aid. Running one hand through her hair before letting out an exasperated sigh, Naeun placed her left palm on Bomi’s waist and forced her to lean against her body. Muttering a sentence only audible enough for the person beside her to hear, she then clasped her right hand over Bomi’s which was dangling over her own shoulder.

“Don’t reject my help if you don’t want to spend a couple of hours just trying to get back to your room.”

Acknowledging her instruction with a soft hum, Bomi allowed her dongseng to bear the majority of her body weight as they slowly trekked up the sandy beach and back to the main building of the hotel development.

Once they were outside the hotel room door, Naeun reluctantly removed Bomi’s arm from her shoulder. She was already starting to miss the comforting warmth exuded by the older girl’s torso despite only being in contact with her for a short period of time.

Hoping to distract herself from such thoughts, Naeun shook her head slightly before turning to face the shorter female.

“Will you be okay if I leave you here?”

“Yes, Rongie is just inside…”

The mere mention of the leader’s name affected Naeun immensely and she couldn’t help the way her body flinched upon hearing that name so naturally roll off the lips of the person she loved.  Why wasn’t her name the one Bomi is calling out so affectionately? Why isn’t she the one waiting inside the room that Bomi was presently returning to?

For reasons unknown, Naeun felt as though she would lose Bomi forever once they parted ways this time. A part of her wanted to cling on to the elder and never let her go. Yet another part of her recognized that Bomi would never be hers no matter what she did. Unable to stop her eyes from watering, Naeun cast her line of sight downwards hoping that her tears wouldn’t be seen.

“I…I’ll..see you around… unnie.”

Choking back her sobs to finish her sentence, Naeun dashed off before Bomi could say anything else. Watching the shaking shoulders and retreating back of her vulnerable junior broke Bomi’s heart and she had just made the decision to chase after her when the room door unexpectedly swung open.

“I can't believe you lied to me.”

Whirling around to face Chorong,Bomi was surprised to see the older girl stare back at her with an irate expression evident on her beautiful features.

“Unnie?”

She was about to walk closer towards her girlfriend when Chorong raised both hands and blocked off access to their room.

“Don't even come near me!”

“I don't understand...”

Completely confused,Bomi couldn't comprehend why Chorong appeared to be so angry when she hadn't done anything to irritate her. She hadn't even been in the room until now. Unless the elder was unhappy that she had taken so long to return.

“If this is about Naeunnie..”

“So you admit it! That you were frolicking on the beach!”

Folding her arms across her chest,Chorong’s lips were pursed in a straight line,a clear sign that she meant business.

“Frolicking? Unnie we were only talking!”

Disappointed that Chorong would think this way of her,Bomi’s voice rose and this change wasn't missed by the older woman.

“Are you shouting at me now? How could you behave like this when you are in the wrong?!”

Tears were beginning to seep from the ends of Chorong’s eyes and her voice trembled significantly as she spoke.

As much as Bomi fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter