Chapter 46

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong and Bomi were presently riding in Bomi’s car as they pulled out of the hospital parking lot and headed in the direction of home.

As Bomi did not bother to switch on the car radio, Chorong took it upon herself to strike up a conversation. She was slightly worried that her girlfriend would doze off while driving since she didn't have anything to focus her attention on. It wouldn't be the first time it had happened and despite her grand old age of twenty six years old, Chorong still wanted to live a whole lot longer.

“I guess all of those hospital visits of yours paid off. We wouldn't have been able to settle Wendy-ssi in a ward so quickly otherwise. And this is inclusive of containing the news without it being spread to the public.”

Bomi knew instantly that Chorong was attempting to talk with her just so she wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel again. Honestly that was a one time thing and it only occured as she had stayed up the previous night playing computer games with their maknae. She had promised the leader in a solemn and well rehearsed speech that she would never do anything to endanger their own or the members’ lives again.

Clearly the older girl was not convinced. Another person might have been offended that their own partner didn't have enough faith in them. But to Bomi and with her amiable personality, she only found the situation funny. It made her feel warm and fuzzy inside to know that Chorong treasured her feelings enough to try so hard and save her from embarrassment by coming up with this plan of wanting to chat during the drive back home. After all Chorong in her capacity as leader could have easily and directly told her off.

Deciding that she could no longer hold off the big surprise she was planning to give the elder, Bomi took a different route from their usual and headed in the direction of the Han river instead.

Even though she was trying her best to pepper their journey with random interesting topics, the ever alert Chorong still noticed that they had deviated from their usual route. 

“Bbom-ah, this isn't the way back to the dorm.”

Taking her eyes off the road for a split second, Bomi shot the person next to her a sidewards glance before speaking.

“Trust me on this unnie.”

And with that, the driver lapsed back into silence as she continued steering the vehicle towards their destination.

-----------------------------------------

Son Naeun sat on the edge of the bed as she waited for the patient to regain consciousness. She was grateful for her unnies who had arrived so swiftly upon receiving her call. They had helped her greatly throughout the entire process from sending herself and Wendy to the hospital to speaking with the doctor and staff to secure the injured girl with a private room free from prying eyes and gossip.

Now that the doctor had given his diagnosis and Wendy was finally settled in bed, Naeun felt a tidal wave of weariness crash into her. She was extremely tempted to lay down on the couch in the ward and catch some shut eye. However the thought of Wendy getting hurt because of her made her feel guilty to even think of getting any sleep. 

There was a chair placed closed to the bed but Naeun chose to sit on the slim strip of empty space not occupied by Wendy as she did not want to miss any possible moment from the unconscious figure.

Taking the cold and motionless hand in her own, Naeun began to circle her thumb on the smooth pale skin.

“Wendy-ah, you have to be alright. Please wake up soon. I am so scared. So scared...”

The end of the sentence tapered off into a whisper and the Apink member’s shoulders shook as she started to cry from the night’s events. How could her plan which had started off innocently enough escalate into a situation where someone had gotten hurt? All she wanted to do was to evoke a little jealousy in the Busan native who had seemed to cool off in her behaviour ever since Naeun had agreed to become her girlfriend.

The face of Apink was beginning to feel insecure with Eunji’s behaviour especially after she had given in and consented to the 9

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter