Chapter 22

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Bomi found herself wandering in an all black expanse. She could not see anything past the five fingers on her own hand and no matter which way she roamed, she was unable to find an exit. Almost giving up hope of escaping this strange location, Bomi was suddenly made aware of a blinding brillance in the far distance. There was no place to head other than towards that illumination hence ignoring her reservations, Bomi lifted her feet and strolled in the direction of the light. 

As the young female approached the glow, she began to feel exhausted. Her whole body seemed to be weighed down and her limps were as heavy as lead. It became difficult to even raise a finger and she was starting to feel light headed. Trying her best to keep her eyelids from fluttering close, Bomi willed her body to continue moving forward. It was at this moment that Bomi heard a familiar voice resonate within her surroundings.

"Chorong unnie?"

Whispering the name of her beloved, a lone tear fell from Bomi's eye when she realized that the voice calling out her name was fading fast. It was as though her situation right now was synonymous with the frightening ideation that she would soon lose the only person she had loved with her entire soul.

---------------------------------------

"Bbom-ah?"

Chorong sounded confused as she cautiously approached the figure lying on the bed. She could not understand why Bomi was here in the hospital when the members told her that she was settling matters with their manager oppa.

Reaching out one hand, she grazed the back of it against Bomi's cheek and was startled by the coolness of the younger girl's skin.

"Bbom-ah?"

Repeating the nickname she had gotten so used to calling, Chorong cupped her other hand on her dongseng's face and her thumb across gently, wanting to rouse her from what appeared to be a deep sleep.

Despite her many attempts, the younger showed no signs of waking and her extended silence sent paralyzing fear through Chorong's heart. Something was definitely amiss and although she had the feeling that she must have been aware of what were the events leading to Bomi lying here, Chorong could not for the life of her remember what these occurrances were.

Curling her hands into tight fists, she smashed them against her skull, hoping that the action would help in her recollection. Unfortunately the method proved furtile in regaining any of her essential memories. 

Directing her attention back to Bomi, Chorong noticed that the younger girl seemed to be gasping for air. Her suspicion was soon proven right when the various machines hooked up via wires to Bomi's body unexpectedly started beeping crazily, the data on their screens jumping in a frenzy.

Having never received formal medical training, Chorong didn't understand what any of these warnings meant. All she recognized was that the distance between the peaks and troughs of a green line on a particular machine was getting shorter and narrower to one another.    

-------------------

After the four girls had eaten their fill at a nearby restaurant, they made their way back to the hospital and even ordered a takeout for their leader although the older girl had not rung them for it.

"I hope unnie cheers up after seeing her favorite chicken feet. It isn't fun having to stay in the hospital."

Hayoung muttered, hoping that Chorong would be allowed to be discharged the next day.

As the group stepped out of the hospital elevator, they noticed the medical workers at the nurses station in a state of furor. One of the nurses was speaking agitate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter