Chapter 47

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took some time for Wendy to fall asleep but when she did, Naeun had managed to slip her fingers out and sneak into the corridor outside the ward. She had earlier texted Hayoung for Joy's contact and had subsequently obtained the phone number of Red Velvet's leader. 

Now as she stood along the relatively silent walkway, Naeun scanned her surroundings for the presence of any strangers before dialing the number. Chewing nervously on her nails as she waited for the call to connect, Naeun in a deep breath of air in an attempt to calm her frazzled nerves.

"Yobseyou?"

The voice which entered her ears was extremely melodic and for a moment Naeun forgot the purpose of making the call. Recovering from her dazed state, she quickly introduced herself and dived straight into delivering the bad news. 

Not a lot of time passed before Bae Irene arrived at the hospital. Naeun had initially expected her to come with a manager or staff of SM. However the petite female had appeared with another member of the currently wildly popular girl group in toll, Kang Seulgi.

The trio bowed respectfully to one another and the Apink member could already tell from the short introduction that Irene was a woman of strength despite her soft speech and calm demeanor. 

Observing her profile as she exchanged some words with her fellow member prior to entering Wendy's ward, Naeun decided that she could see why Wendy was so enthralled by her leader. If first impressions were anything to go by, Naeun too had been immediately won over by Irene's looks alone. The woman was the absolute definition of perfection. Fair skin, dark and sparkling eyes, well framed eyebrows, perfect nose, plump and enticing lips, luscious hair, the list was endless. In short, Bae Joohyun was a living angel. 

Naeun was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice the other two trying to get her attention. It was only when the girl who resembled a kindly bear waved her hands in front of Naeun did the taller return from outer space.

"Naeun-ssi, thank you for sending Wendy to the hospital.  We will take over from here. Have a good night."

Staring at Seulgi's face, Naeun was shocked to say the least. She had expected a tongue lashing from Wendy's team mates and had mentally prepared herself to have to beg for their forgiveness. However the strangely calm and collected situation was one which she hadn't forseen.

"That's it?"

Blurting out the question before her weary mind could filter out the inappropriateness of her sentence, Naeun was met by the confused expression of Red Velvet's best dancer.

"I'm sorry?"

Not quite understanding what Naeun had meant, the monolid female replied with raised brows.

"I mean that's all you want to say? No asking of what had happened or yelling at me for getting Wendy hurt? What about Irene-ssi? Isn't there anything you want to know? Aren't you guys too cool about this? I was all prepared to be slapped or have my hair yanked!"

Naeun was heaving slightly and her shoulders shook after her agitated speech. The corridor was empty except for the three and presently all that could be heard was the panting sounds emitted by Apink's designated center.

Finally stepping out of the shadows which had kept her features obscured and expression hidden after Naeun's outburst, the eldest now came up to Naeun and with the same unreadable expression spoke.

"We know you and Wendy are close and are certain that nobody would have wanted such an outcome. Our immediate concern is to see how Wendy is. As for the circumstances leading up to this, our company will be directly liasing with yours. It is really out of our hands."

Taking a step back to increase the space between them, Irene once again acknowledged Naeun's presence before turning and entering the ward. Seeing her leader's actions, Seulgi followed suit and left Naeun standing by herself in the hallway.

Bringing her line of sight up to the now closed door, Naeun could only sigh dejectedly as she began to walk away from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter