Chapter 20

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Naeun was not a runner. Neither was she known to be athletic. The sprint back to the dorm took a lot out of her and the 22 year old was panting heavily by the time she reached the front door to their apartment. With trembling hands, she fumbled with the passcode of the lock before bursting through the doorway, searching frantically for her unnie.

Spotting Bomi lying on the floor between the sofa and coffee table, she immediately pushed the wooden furniture aside to gain access to the unconscious female.

Park Chorong had been bawling her eyes out in the adjacent room when the loud screeching sound of something being dragged across the floor tiles attracted her attention. Lifting her head from her knees which she had been hugging close to her chest, she rose to her feet and left the room, heading out to see what the commotion was about.

The sight of Naeun crouched down in front of Bomi trying to rouse the latter who had her eyes shut no matter what the younger did stunned Chorong as she witnessed the motionless girl laying in a puddle of dark crimson blood.

Dropping to her knees beside Naeun who was by now sobbing uncontrollably, something clicked within the eldest and she nudged Naeun out of her trance, ordering her to dial for an ambulance. Tilting Bomi's face to the side, she cleared the comatose girl's airway, preventing her from choking on her own blood. 

The leader also helped Naeun aside when the medics arrived, allowing them more space to work with as they tried to resuscitate Bomi. It was only after the duo had accompanied the ambulance to the hospital with the medical staff wheeling Bomi into the A&E did Chorong finally feel her legs weaken. She vaguely heard Naeun's anxious voice ring in her ears as her vision faded out and her exhausted body crumpled to the ground.

Chorong senses gradually regained as she glanced around the room taking in her surroundings. She was lying on the bed in a hospital ward judging by the all white furnishings and unmistakable smell of antiseptic in the room. Shifting her head slightly, the image of one very concerned Busan native met her eyes.

"Oh god unnie, you are finally awake. I was so worried!"

Clasping onto her cold hands, Chorong was warmed by the other's heated palms.

"Eunji-ah, what happened?"

"You fainted unnie. Are you feeling better now?"

The 93 line observed Chorong's pale face as the elder girl's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I fainted?"

Repeating Eunji's words, Chorong appeared daze, unable to recall the earlier events.

Jung Eunji was at this moment beyond scared. Her same aged friend was currently still in the operating theatre and Chorong was now behaving really strangely. With the two oldest members out of action, the responsibility fell on Eunji to keep things together. And frankly the main vocal of the group wasn't so sure she could do it.

"Why did I faint?"

The question tore Eunji out of her reverie and the younger girl shifted her attention back to Chorong, her gaze meeting those curious brown eyes. 

"The patient has exhibited symptoms of transient global amnesia. It might be triggered by acute emotional distress but the effects should not last longer than 24 hours."

The doctor's words surfaced in Eunji's mind as she gulped down a mouthful of saliva, wondering what she should say to Chorong. The older girl was staring at her, waiting for her to reply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter