Chapter 19

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong wasn't really sure how they made it back to the dorm. But by the time they arrived in the familiar apartment, all of the members had left for their individual commitments and the flat was once again empty except for the two oldest girls.

"Try and get some rest. I'll make you some food."

Nodding her head, Bomi tried her best to squeeze out a smile for the older girl despite the deteriorating condition of her body. Gesturing to her bag which Chorong had left on the far end of the couch when they entered the dorm, Bomi motioned for the elder to pass it over. Recognizing that Bomi wanted to retrieve her phone, the elder rummaged through the duffel bag for the device and plugged it into the charging port before handing it to Bomi and patting her gently on the head.

"I'll be back in a bit."

The two shared a smile with Bomi's gaze lingering on the older girl for what Chorong felt was like an eternity. Feeling her face heat up from Bomi's intense stare, Chorong bit the inside of her cheeks to prevent herself from breaking into a silly grin. Since when was the Pabomi able to affect her so greatly with a mere smile? How could she not have realized earlier that the younger had slowly but surely inched her way into her heart.

Making her way into the kitchen, Chorong busied herself with preparing the ingredients as quickly as she could. Bomi has become so much thinner as compared to a few weeks back and she was really worried. Hence the 91 line was determined to feed her well from now on and return the girl to the bouncy and puffy cheeks Yoon Bomi of the past. 

As Chorong the tap to fill the rice cooker pot with water, she could hear someone talking in the living room. Peeking her head out, she noticed Bomi speaking into her mobile phone with her lips upturned in the form of a sweet smile. 

"Naeunnie? Hwaiting for the test. Don't stress yourself. I know you'll do great."

"Don't worry about me. Unnie is fine."

A strong sense of resentment welled up within Chorong as she clenched tightly onto the pot in her hands. Her knuckles had turned white from the amount of strength she was exerting and her lower lip was flushed red from bitting hard on it. She couldn't figure out why Bomi had to call Naeun instantly upon reaching the dorm. Was speaking to the face of Apink so important?

Still thinking about the earlier phone call, the leader was lost in thought as she carried the tray with the freshly cooked porridge to where Bomi was resting. Misjudging the distance to the coffee table, a resounding clang sounded when the ceramic bowl met the wooden surface. As if sensing that the older girl was upset, Bomi reached out and grasped her fingers around Chorong's wrist.

"Chorong unnie?"

Embarrassed by her actions and troubled about what she thought was a lovey dovey conversation between her dongsengs, Chorong refused to meet Bomi's gaze as she muttered coldly.

"Leave it when you're done. I'll clean it up later."

Her tone came out harsher than she had expected and Chorong immediately regretted it when she felt Bomi flinch. There was a moment of awkward silence before Bomi spoke, trying her best to lighten the atmosphere. 

"Let's eat together unnie."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter