Chapter 5

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Naeun paced the length of the corridor as she waited with bated breath. The doctor had been attending to her unnie for a while now and not knowing exactly what was going on was eating the 21 year old up from inside.

"What's taking so long!"

Muttering aloud to no one in particular, the pretty girl with long dark hair broke into a short run towards the doctor when she finally saw the middle aged man exit the room.

"Well?"

She questioned, her perfectly manicured eyebrows slanted at an angle.

"Ms Yoon seems to be suffering from a severe case of the cold. Nothing an injection and drip can't fix. However..."

The man's words trailed off and his expression turned solemn.

"Well?"

Naeun repeated the solitary word and waited for him to continue speaking.

"Her high fever was caused by a combination of the cold and infection of her wound."

Naeun listened attentively to every single word as she had expected the doctor to teach her how best to take care of her team mate. However, her ears picked up at the word wound and she did a double take in her mind before she was certain she hadn't heard wrongly.

"Wound...what wound?"

----------------------------

The hospital ward was quiet. Seated in a plastic chair beside the bed, Naeun stared at her unconscious unnie. 

"Did you really hurt yourself Bomi unnie? Why couldn't you tell us if there were things troubling you?"

So caught up in her thoughts, Naeun didn't realize Bomi had woken until the older girl called her name softly.

"Naeunie."

"Unnie you are awake! I was so worried."

Struggling to push herself upright, Bomi failed miserably as her body was still weak. 

"Here, let me."

Supporting the elder's weight, Naeun slipped a pillow under her back and made sure Bomi was comfortable before sitting down again.

"You really scared me unnie."

Although Naeun was usually quite serious, seeing her grim expression made Bomi realize just how worried she had made the younger girl.

"Sorry Naeunie, I promise I wouldn't faint on you like that again."

Her little joke failed to bring a smile to Naeun's lips. In fact, Naeun felt even more sad at seeing how hard Bomi was trying to lighten the mood. Without noticing it herself, her tears started falling and soon her cheeks were moist with tears.

"Oh gosh Naeunie!"

Summoning every ounce of strength in her body, Bomi reached out for Naeun without caring about the IV drip still inserted in her arm. Embracing the sobbing girl in a comforting hug, Bomi patted her softly on the back and whispered into her ear.

"Now, now my little Naeunie, don't cry anymore or you wouldn't be pretty."

The slight rocking motion did calm Naeun down and her sobbing soon turned into quiet sniffling. Wrapping her arms around Bomi's torso, she could feel the heat emitting from the older girl's body. She could not explain why her heart felt like it was being painfully squeezed and she even found it difficult to breath.

Why am I feeling this way. Why does my heart ache when I see Bomi unnie hurting?

--------------------

It had been almost an hour since Chorong arrived home. However she had not changed out of her clothes or done anything except sitting on her bed and staring into space. Every five minutes or so, she would look down at the mobile phone in her hands.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter