Chapter 15

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Naeun's literally forgot to breathe as she stared back at the injured girl. Bomi's gaze was determined and her eyes were filled with immense love. The heartbreaking confession sounded beautiful though Naeun knew it wasn't meant for her ears. Bomi had probably mistaken her for their leader.

In that moment, she had the urge to disregard that fact and just crash her lips onto Bomi's. However the elder's gaze dimmed suddenly and her eyelids fluttered shut. Subsequently, Bomi's head lolled forwards and a fresh round of blood spewed from her slightly parted lips.

"Unnie!"

Horrified at the sight of a constant flow of crimson fluid dripping down Bomi's chin and onto her clothes, Naeun cried out in panic as she tried without success to wake the unconscious female. A single drop of water hit Naeun's face and she had initially presummed it to be one of the tears falling from her eyes. Within the next few seconds, more drops made contact with her skin and it soon became apparent that the earlier pending storm had finally arrived. 

Huge torrents of rain fell relentlessly onto the two girls thoroughly soaking them. Naeun knew she had to get Bomi and herself beneath shelter before the both of them fell gravely ill from catching pneumonia.

Biting on her lip, Naeun struggled to hoist Bomi to her feet. Miraculously she managed to stand up with the elder drapped across her shoulders. Slowly making her way out of the alley, Naeun looked out for a place where they could hide from the rain. Unfortunately they were some distance away from the shops and Naeun didn't know if it would be suitable for them to appear among public in their current state.

The intelligent girl weighed her options and decided to head back to their dorm instead. It would result in less explainations or negative backlash. She also had the feeling that Bomi would have wanted to go back to the warmth and security of their apartment.

The two figures trekked their way through the blinding downpour with Naeun bearing most of their combined weights. The additional load on her slim body started to take its toll on her left ankle. Her ankle had become significantly weaker ever since she injured it during one of their dance practices. Trying her best to ignore the throbbing pain in her leg, Naeun gritted her teeth and practically half carried Bomi back to their dorm. 

---------------------

The unit was shrouded in darkness as the two youngest had already turned in for the night while Chorong and Eunji were still at the company. Heaving a sigh of relief that no one was around to notice their dishevelled outlook, Naeun brought Bomi into the bathroom and propped her against the tub. Running off to their respective bedrooms, she gathered a change of attire for each of them and also snagged the first aid kit.

Under the bright

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter