Chapter 41

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong had expected herself to hit the ground in an antagonising thud. Remarkably that didn't happen. Instead, she felt a hand clamp around her wrist and in the next moment, her entire body moved in the opposite direction. 

Chorong's eyes flew open and she immediately saw the determined expression etched across Yoon Bomi's features. The other girl had caught hold of her and was yanking the falling member towards herself. Chorong half expected Bomi to engulf her in an embrace. However that didn't occur and instead, the subsequent turn of events was something the leader hadn't foreseen. 

As Chorong was pulled onto the stage falling ungraciously onto the wet and slippery surface, her savior was the one who had lost balance and was presently teetering preciously over the edge of the eight metres high structure. 

In the seconds that followed, Park Chorong heard a chorus of screams reverberating about her surroundings. Was that Hayoung's voice or was it Namjoo's? Wait a minute, it could have been Eunji or perhaps Naeun. As Chorong scrambled to get on her feet, a very frantic Kim Namjoo appeared by her side.

"Are you hurt unnie?"

"I don't think..."

Before she could finish her sentence, Chorong felt both her knees sting and she gasped aloud, bending down at once to check out the state of her knees. They were reddish and badly scrapped. 

Clasping onto her arms, Namjoo helped Chorong backstage as the pair hobbled unsteadily down a flight of stairs. When they entered their designated changing room, Chorong was surprised to see Naeun glaring at her whilst a frowning Oh Hayoung tried to pacify her obviously dark mood. 

The maknae's efforts were futile as the center of Apink exploded at their leader.

"You again! I don't understand why Bomi unnie would risk her safety to ensure  yours when all you have done so far is to hurt her!"

"Unnie please calm down."

Rubbing on her lower back in a soothing manner, the giant maknae tried her best to allay the agitated state of Son Naeun. In this moment, the door reopned and the third eldest of the group staggered in looking rather weary.

"Manager oppa is sending Bomi to the hospital. They think her arm is broken."

The words which everyone had spoken suddenly made sense to Chorong and the still slightly dazed female finally realized what was going on. Because she had saved her from falling off the stage, Bomi herself fell and was now injured from the incident.

"How is she? Is Bomi-ah alright?"

Her statement sounded foolish as it was evident that Yoon Bomi would not be alright. However in her haste and anxiousness to ascertain her ex lover's condition, logic was not a top piority in Park Chorong's mind.

"They wouldn't know until they reach the hospital unnie."

Eunji was gentle in her speech and it was clear she was trying her upmost to keep their leader from blaming herself. 

"I have to see her."

Standing up from her seat in an instant, Chorong was about to make her way towards the exit when Namjoo grabbed onto her arm.

"At least get a change of clothes unnie. You are soaked through."

-------------------------------------

The ride to the hospital was quiet as the two girls sat huddled closely in the backseat of the taxi. Chorong was extremely fidgety as she kept picking at her fingers or biting on her nail. Sitting next to her was Jung Eunji who couldn't help but observe the older girl's actions.

"You are worried about her. It's apparent that you still love her unnie. Tell her about ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter