Chapter 26

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon hearing the angry shouting, the startled man paused in his actions and lifted his eyes in the direction of the voice. Realizing that someone had witnessed his wrongdoings, he contemplated on whether to continue and risk being apprehended or take off to escape the current situation. His hesitation allowed Bomi to reach before he could make his getaway and the irate female dived forward, sailing through the air to land right in front of the criminal.

Tackling him with one of her taekwondo moves, she managed to twist his arm behind his body and force him onto the ground. Grunting in pain, the male struggled beneath Bomi's weight, trying his utmost to break out of her hold. However Bomi was adamant to send Naeun's attacker to the police and she did not falter in her grip, concentrating on keeping him trapped until campus security arrived. 

Unfortunately the effects of the chloroform began to wear off at this moment and Naeun groaned aloud, her heavily lidded eyes fluttering open. Distracted by her dongseng, Bomi on instinct got up on one knee, anxious to check on her condition. The shift in weight provided an opportunity for the asailant and he wriggled free, getting up onto his feet. Spinning around and sticking his foot out, the man connected his boot with Bomi's chest and the force from the sent her flying into the edge of a nearby wooden table and bench. No longer captured, the young man sprinted away, running into the night where he could take cover within the looming shadows. 

By this time Naeun had completely regained her senses. Her hearing and vision were back to normal and her extremities no longer felt numb. Looking around the vicinity to gather her bearings, Naeun eventually realized that she had been the victim of the creepy member from her project group and the consequences would have been dire if not for Bomi who had miraculously appeared in her moment of need.

Scrambling to stand up, Naeun ran to Bomi's side and tried to help her unnie up, assisting her to sit on the very bench which she was earlier thrown against. One of Bomi's hands clutched at the shirt above her chest while her other hand remained drapped over her stomach. Bomi's chest and abdomen seared with pain as the impact from the kick and crashing into the wooden structure brought renewed agony to her body. 

She was beginning to see white spots in her vision and Bomi blinked repeatedly, trying her best to clear her increasingly dizzy mind without Naeun finding out about the discomfort she was going through. Regulating her breathing such that her chest would not rise and fall with too much movement, Bomi finally managed to suppress the throbbing aches.

"Unnie!"

Naeun's eyes widened in fear when she noticed blood dripping from Bomi's lips and how the elder's breathing was short and raspy. Anxious over her wellbeing, Naeun quickly scanned Bomi from head to toe, trying to spot any injuries she might have sustained. There were no obvious wounds from what Naeun could see and the only tell tale signs that Bomi was hurt was from the paleness of her skin and how she was hunched over, too debilitated to straighten her back.

Feeling her eyes begin to water at seeing how Bomi had suffered because of her, Naeun left her unnie's side and pretended to pick up her bagpack and the plastic container lying a small distance away. She made use of this short span of time to dry her tears and sniffled a few times to clear her nose.

Going back to sit beside Bomi, Naeun ped her bag and focused on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter