Sign from Another World

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning I lied on my bed searching for the black house on the internet since it didn’t pass my mind all the time. Maybe also, because of that strange dream I had but I couldn't remember it anymore. I was sure it had something to do with Lost Planet. Didn't I see Kris in that dream as well? I couldn't remember.
It was early in the morning and I sipped at my big coffee cup I made few minutes ago. I held it tightly between my hands, felt the heat warming up my body and the caffeine run through my veins making me awake and a bit nervous. I was really disappointed how less information there was on the internet.
Maybe I would tell Chanyeol finally tomorrow about the haunted house. Because of yesterday, I really felt bad about everything I did to him.
It was unfair to keep a secret from him like this so I decided to tell him. He deserved it, after he did so much for me. Maybe I just take him once with me to the ahjumma so he'll believe me. But I don't want to take him with me to Lost Planet. In the end he would be in danger because of me...No I can't risk this!
Someone knocked at the door and Baekhyun came in. I quickly closed my laptop. “Good morning oppa.”  I smiled at my brother a bit surprised.
He's not a morning person at all and on weekends he loves to take long sleeps up to 12, if mom won't wake him up earlier. “What are you doing so early? I just came from bath and noticed you’re awake.” he rubbed his cheeks tiredly and could nearly opened his eyes.

I laughed about his dumb face expression in the morning “Cha! Baekhyun just go to sleep again you look a mess. I’m just searching up something and reading.” He shook his head and yearned loudly “You really don’t have to overwork yourself, dongsaeng. Just cool down a bit, you’re all stressy.” he walked over and grabbed my coffee to take a big sip from it. “Baeki!!” He smiled at me and peeked my cheek as I pouted about steeling my things again. Somehow he looked serious and sit next to me “You know…” he pauses “…to be honest I couldn't sleep well last night. You had heard it too, from Jongin, about those missing girls. There disappeared a girl from my class as well. .” I held back my breath and he looking deep in the cup. “From your class? Really?” I felt sad for her and his sad expression on his face made my heart feel heavy.
“Yes. Kim Hyayoung. I only know her barely. Please don’t go anywhere without me or Chanyeol. I know it's annoying to have always someone around you but don't go alone anywhere without letting me know.” he looked up to me and I knew he was way more worried as I thought. I nodded.
This kinda scared me too.
Before, it was just a girl around here but now it was a senior girl from my school. A classmate from Baekhyun.
"Don't be scared now. I just want you to be careful." he hugged me but then the phone rang downstairs and Baekhyun left quickly to answer it.
Why are they disappearing? What if Kim Hyayoung was now…already…
I heard a vibritating tone and looked at my phone. Actually it was Baekhyun’s but because I lost mine somewhere in nowhere he lend me his second. It was from Yuri.

Have you already talked to Sehun?(/ω\)

Right. Yesterday, our conversation nearly broke up. So I sended Sehun a message as well.

Hey Sehun (○´3`)ノ

Yo~ [¬º-°]¬

Because of yesterday…will you go on a date with Yuri now?
I beg you once more. I buy you 100 bubble teas  八(^□^*)

Isn’t that a shakedown? (* ̄m ̄)

No it’s an offer.(⌒.−)

Offer Chanyeol the truth and I will go out with her. (¬、¬)

"Aish! Stubborn kid. I will, I will." I put my phone frustrated to the side and suddenly remembered the books and packed them out.
There must be some information about that old house! Prepared with notebook, pencils and post its I read for informations until I found some interesting in the book with the fire creatures.

“Named after a story “Fire war” a big fight broke out between the two most powerful fire creatures. The phoenix and the dragon.
It’s told that the Phoenix had won the fight after sending the dragon back to exile.
Many split-ups about this story is whether there is a ban or curse over the exile or not. It’s told that there’s a closed opening to a world beyond where the dragon is hiding. It’s said, young woman from the phoenix world fall easily for the dragon and become then his victims for revenging the phoenix.
More to the curse → ”White Shadow House”

I read that line over and over again. What should that mean young woman fall for the dragon? Are the girls disappearing because of this? I tried to search up for this “White Shadow House” strange…how could be a shadow white? I felt the goose bumps all over my skin. May it’s the old burned-down house?
I paged for it in another book, but were the page has to be there was an ripped off page.
Who the hell rip of pages?? Ah why this page?? WAE WAE WAE!?!
I kicked the book frustrated away from me and a little card felt off. I picked it up and turned it around
“This book is antiquarian. For more old, luxurious and mystical books visit us.” And an address.
I know this shop! It’s near the bubble tea shop I was a few days ago with Sehun. The display window caught my eyes from the first sigh. It looked cool with all the old books and little accessories. But Sehun refused to let me in there and we just walked on. Maybe I should visit that shop for once! I grabbed my stuff and left.

“Hyomi!”

I turned around again outside the door. Baekhyun came in a rush.
“I’m just going shopping.” He nodded and closed the door behind him. “Perfect. I had to go anyway. So let’s go.” I sighed but well it was okay.
So we took the bus downtown and I was excited all the way. “Where do you wanna go?” Baekhyun smiled curiously and I pointed to the shop over the street.
“Yesterday when I was with Sehun we saw this shop with old books and stuff but Sehun didn’t let me go inside. I want to go in there for once.” I looked for Baekhyuns reaction but he just shrugged his shoulders. For him it was just an old book shop. Because he knows me, it wasn’t a problem for him to go with me into book shops. He always does.

So we entered the shop and the heavy old door opened noisily and above a little shop bell announced our entry. The smell of grabbed-off and old leathern books welcomed me and I already felt in love with this shop, even it looked dimmed and dusty old. Big book shelves were surrounding the walls and also standing in the room and in the middle was a table with more books, looking a bit a mess. An old man welcomed us friendly.
He balanced tiny glasses on his big nose and a white messy beard making his old face looking 100 years older. But he looked friendly the way he smiled at us and came near.
“Annyeonghaseyo. How can I help you?”
I looked up to Baekhyun and he gave me a questionable look.  “Ah… I just saw the window and wanted to look inside. May we can look around?”
I gave the man a smile and he just nodded and pushed his glasses back on his nose as they slighted down a bit. He disappeared behind the shelves and I walked on, looking around.
I was amazed by the old books. Baekhyun also looked around but he quickly lost interest.
“I think you’ll be here for some hours still, right? I’ll come back quickly just had to buy some things from the super market. You'll stay here, right?”
He looked at me and I knew he struggled with himself letting me alone. But I nodded. “I won’t leave this place! May I will stay here forever. Just go, I’ll wait here inside.” Baekhyun left the place with the sound of the door bell and the door closed with a dumb noise.
I looked up for something like “White Shadow” or something but didn’t find anything like this.

“It seems like you are really interested in things you should avoid. I told you it’s dangerous, right?”
said that familiar voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter