The Key to My Heart

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s Pov

I woke up from Hyomi’s scream. Where did she disappear? I was so close to hold her tight. So close to get her out of the fire. I rubbed my eyes. What a strange dream. I tried to remember but it was all gone, except for her scream. I suddenly looked up because I still heard her screams not far away. I jumped out of the bed and looked out of the window if she may still stood there and screamed up to my room annoyingly. But this time was different and get me the jitter. She didn’t sound like she wanted to talk it out but yelled octaves high in fear and drummed against the front door so I ran quickly downstairs.
“Chanyeol open the door, please! I’m begging you. I’m scared. I’m scared Chanyeol. Please open!” I rushed to the door but I stopped right in front and for a second I hesitated. Was it a trick to just get me open the door? I ruffled my hear in frustration and my hand hovered over the door handle. What should I do now? “Chanyeol, please.” How come I couldn’t open the door? It’s a trick. She’s tricking you out, you know this! I jumped back and looked around. What the hell was this? Yoona walked over with a bowl of cereals, her headphones around her neck and raised her eyebrows up to heaven “Open her or she will storm the whole house. You can’t avoid her forever.” She took back her headphones to her ears and disappeared into her room.

“Like you did a great job meeting up with Jongin! Talk to each other.” I sighed because she was maybe right. I put my hand back to the door handle, ready to open the door. You will better not try. “What the hell. I can’t move.” My hand was so close to open the damn door but it was like someone held my hand back.
Outside was suddenly silenced. “Hyomiya?” I asked but I couldn’t hear her anymore. What if something had happened right in front of the door!? With all effort I pushed both hands down and finally I succeeded to touch the door handle. With one move I swung the door open and looked at the place where Hyomi should stood. But she wasn’t. There was nobody in front of the door. A giggle in my head slowly got quiet and disappeared.
I stepped outside and looked around. Is she kidding me? I was sure I had heard her, it wasn’t an illusion because Yoona heard her too! I ran to the street and before I could turn my head around to the person calling her name bam! We both bumped into each other and landed on the ground. I hissed in pain where his head hooked my chin and looked up only to look in the most confusing face Baekhyun ever gave me.

“Baekhyun. What are you doing here?” I stood up and dusted my and helped him up while I watched him closely the way he was out of his breath like he ran for his life to my house. Suddenly he grabbed my arms “Are you okay?! Hyomi told me you’re in danger? Wait…” he looked around from one side to another. “Where’s she?” In danger? “I don’t know, it was really strange. She stood in front of my door and knocked and yelled me to open because she was scared. But I thought she tried to trick me! Suddenly she disappeared. I mean I opened the door and she wasn’t there anymore!" I scratched my head in wonderness "There was something strange going on before I opened the door.” I looked at my hand and turned it a few times, nearly hit Baeki's face when I shook them losely in front of me and he gave me an angry look. “What’s wrong with you?”
Baekhyun rushed back to the street and looked around. “HYOMI!?” he yelled down the street but it was nonsense. There was no way that she could run that fast away. “She was here a second ago, I can sign you this, but where did she disappear?” Baekhyun hissed annoyed and placed his hands akimbo. “That girl! What does she think she's doing?” He turned around to me and pointed with his index finger angrily up to my face “You two are making it hard for each other, you know? And then ask me, I’m standing totally in the bull’s eye! You two are totally annoying me with your stupid behavior.” I really hated to be scolded by him and I rubbed my forehead, trying to massage that headache, which only appeared, away.

Maybe we were really annoying. I knew I was acting childish avoiding to speak to her, but I didn’t want to look in her eyes. They would be full of sorry because she didn’t know I loved her for that long time. Maybe she felt the same but was afraid to tell me. That’s what I hoped, at least. I didn’t want to see in her eyes and recognize she’s just sorry. Nothing more.
“Hyung, please calm down. Maybe she just ran away again and turned home.” I tried to find an explanation but Baekhyun threw his hands in the air frustrated.
“I would have seen her then!” He persisted and was right, of course but what else could had happened? It’s not like the earth vanished her to nowhere.
“Ah what is actually happening here? Why couldn't you just open the door?" he obeyed me frustrated and I felt really guilty seeing him so confused and searched for an excuse. “I told you there happened something. I tried to open the door but…something held me back.” Baekhyun’s jaw dropped and he looked at me for seconds before he talked again “Something? Something, what? Something like your proud, that held you back to face her after you walked away like this or something like you didn’t dare to face a raging Hyomi because we all know how dangerous she can be if she’s mad…” I wanted to explain but he didn’t even breathe once and I just stood there, waving my hands to no-no. It was the point where Baekhyun will let out all his frustration in once and I shrugged a bit backwards because the smaller smurfs are the more furious they can be. “…or let’s get serious and it was maybe a ghost which held you back! Yeah that’s great! It sounds logical, Why even not ghost since vampires are existing too? Look at our little Jongin. Why not ghosts as well? Oh, I bet it was a really stubborn ghost called PARK CHANYEOL who held you back from opening that stupid door!” his head was red while talking in furious and I made a quick jump back.

From inside of the hous, I heard Yoona calling angry “Why the heck is there a blackout?” and we both turned our heads to the door, Baekhyun breathing heavily in anger. The house stood there in the dark because all lights had went out. Maybe there’s really a ghost. I turned my head back to him and he closed his eyes and took a deeeeep breath through his nose and he sighed. “Okay.” he said, totally calm again “Don’t get angry. That kid just likes to go on my nerves. Dissapearing? No problem. My oppa senses can find her anywhere. Let’s just….don’t freak out.” He looked at me and I gave him a thumbs up “Good. Do it again - breathing - it’s helping.” I encouraged him. After a minute he finally nodded “Okay. Let’s do it like this. You take that path” he pointed in the direction from where he came “And I will look downtown” I agreed and started jogging along the street and yelled her name. I’m going to find her.

~~~~~~~
Hyomi’s Pov.

“Chanyeol! Chanyeol!” I drummed again but it was all senseless and this voice was hell of annoying in my mind. Funny how you think Chanyeol will open the door.
I growled and my knocks got weaker because my hands hurt. “I hate you. Go away! Leave me alone!” I screamed against the door. It was the same voice calling me in my dreams, calling me to the mirror, followed me everywhere, getting on my nerves.
I leaned my back against the door frame. Like the tears flew down my cheeks, I slid down to the floor in sobs, which shook my shoulders heavy. I buried my head in my knees and I felt like I first recognized it now all. I was terrified of everything. Of losing Chanyeol, those nonsense dreams, and being confused. After a while I knew my tears dried out but my shoulders were still moving heavily. I heard a voice again calling for my name. “Hyomi?” I hated that I couldn't even cry alone. “Hyomi!” I covered my ears with my hands and screamed back . “No, don’t hurt me, please, leave me alone. Leave me alone! Hajima jebal! Hajima!” I was now sure, I've been trapped in a nightmare again. Hands pushed mine away from my ears and I screamed again, throwing my head from left to right and pressed my eyes shut to flee this nightmare.

“Hyomi, will you stop crying and look at me for a second?” I shook my head violently “No I’m scared. Please, hajima. I just want to wake up.”
I was forced to stop moving as arms surrounded me and gave me the terrified feeling to get tied up my body and gasped for air. I felt the heat everywhere like in my dream again and I believed, my lungs would inhale maybe for the last time. I imagined how I inhaled the thigh smoke which took away my breath but all of a sudden, there was something familiar in this situation. Nothing to do with dust, nothing to do with fear. I felt like his arms embraced me, I felt the warmth of his near on my skin and heard his soft whispers against my ear, trying to wake me up. I opened my eyes and after blinking my tears away my vision got clearer. I saw the light above me which was blending me and looked away into the corridor. Corridor? I got out of the embrace, looking at his face an inch from mine. “Kris.” I jerked and wanted to flinch back but I leaned against the door frame so there was no way out. He held my hands before their wild movements could hit him accidentially and he looked at me confus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter