Home Again

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanyeol?”
I blinked a few times but there he stood and waved. I smiled bright as he did too. A little sob escaped my throat and I wanted to run to him nevertheless someone grabbed my wrist and hold me back. As I turned around, it was Kris who looked at me like I lost my mind. “Leave me I want to go to him!” I pulled myself against his grip. “It’s just an illusion.” he nod over to the fields but I shook my head.
“Hyomiya~!!” I heard Chanyeol calling for me. Again I tried to get away from Kris. “Ya! I am not hallucinated by a fairy like you, okay? Get it! This is my best friend and I’m gonna go to him.” I tried to push his hand away from me but he hold my wrist tide that it hurt. “No you’re not. Just believe me.” On his face you couldn’t read anything. He just looked at me deeply and somehow I stopped moving and nodded. With a sigh he let me go and I rubbed my red wrist. I heard Chanyeols voice again, turned around and ran.
Kris telling me not to ignore my best friend. This is no illusion!

~~~~~~~~~
Kris Pov.

The moment I relinquished her hand I knew she wouldn’t stand at her place for long. I sighed when she turned around and ran into the fields.
“Kris are you crazy? Why did you let her go?” Luhans face was frozen. “I’m not a babysitter and anyway she will see that I am right and come back crying.”
Lay pulled my arm. “You mean you can let her go by her own out to the field of dreams,huh? It isn’t like she will search for her friend until she will completely trapped in there? Have you think about this too? Don’t act so huffy.” I’m not huffy. Why am I now the guilty one if she was the one running away?
“Hyomi!! Hyomi come back please!!” Xiumin yelled. “Hyomi come back!” Luhan joined Xiumin and they both yelled her name. “You think she will listen?” I snorted and thought about how to get her back.
Xiumin looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “Maybe not to you, since you’re not that nice to her.” I hissed because being nice was nothing that could bring her now back. She was stubborn to not listen to me so it was not my fault. “No need for bashing! She’s not in highly danger.”
That girl really get on my nerves. A dark shadow flew over us and when I looked up I couldn’t believe my eyes.
I searched years for that beast and now it just flew over me like a cloud. “Kris. Look!” Tao pointed up to the sky. My eyes followed it and suddenly it landed in the middle of the field and disappeared in the high grass. “Chen, try to hit it.” This time I won’t let this thing go away. “I can’t! Hyomi is somewhere there! You want me to kill her?” And the same moment I heard Hyomi's shriek breaking the silence.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hyomis Pov.

The more I ran the higher the grass get until it was nearly over my head. I pushed it aside and ran on. That’s strange. Chanyeol stood only up to his knees in grass. Where is he? That awkward feeling inside me grew stronger with every step. I stopped and looked hasty around. Maybe Kris was right?
“Hyomi!” it was Xiumin. But I couldn’t recognize from where.
Hyomi. Finally we’ll meet. The first and last time.
I was afraid. This was the same voice I heard to in the haunted house! I looked around and my eyes met with red eyes, burning like fire. I screamed and trembled backwards. I got up and ran away and only heard how heavy teeth bite air instead of me. Over me there was a thunder growling and a heavy storm was built within seconds and it started raining heavily. The whole sky was black. Behind me was a deep growl which let my neck hair stood up straight.
What ever was chasing me it was big and likes human as appetizer. My heart was in my mouth and I screamed for help. I landed hard on my side and gasped for air. When I tried to stood up I slipped away immediately. I was drained in mudd and rain. I shortly thought how I should tell Cici about her white dress will never be white again. Awesome! What even hit me?  Before I could do anything else something ripped me of the earth and I saw the field under me.
Before I could fall down, I clinched myself against the person who held me. Under the light of the lightning you recognized his facial features.
“KRIS!”
I put my arms away and then he landed at the edge of the forest and put me back down on my feet. “Normal people would say thank you or something instead of my name. ” A thunder growl and right after that a lightning hit somewhere in the field. Was this Chen? Kris yelled over the noisy storm “AND NORMAL PEOPLE WOULD LISTEN TO ME EITHER!!” I clinched as another lightining hit the ground “I’M SORRY KRIS!” “THAT DOESN’T HELP YOU, YOU KNOW? ….what ever.”
“Kris what was this? And why did Chanyeol stood there? How can you even catch me?” my side hurt and I couldn’t breathe straight so I firmed up on my knees and breathed heavily. “You’re blabbering! First I can't see him, you know? You only see your deepest wish when you look over the field. That’s why everyone sees something different.” I was really amazed but I didn't really understood what he meant “What? But why did you… held me back if you…can't see him?”
“Are you not listening? I said it was just illusion! Don’t try to walk again there it’s dangerous.” Another thunder growled and you heard a high pitched shriek.
“And what did you see then?” He shook his head shortly and looked away “Non of your business.” He took my hand and wanted to leave this place.
“Wait. How could you catch me up 10 meters high?” to be true, I didn't wanted to ask that first but... “I know…this must be strange. But I can fly.” he pulled my arm once more but I didn't want to follow him in the forest. Where are the others? I looked back to the field. “Yeah. That sounds really strange. Are you an angel or what!?” I heard his annoyed groan but I didn't looked at him. Somewhere in the field I saw a move and narrowed my eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter