Beautiful stranger

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s Pov.

She disappeared. Vanished from earth. If I just opened that door right in that moment before she disappeared! When did I start to hesitate? Don’t I love her with all my heart? If you love, you won’t hesitate. I frustratedly stood up from the sofa and turned the TV off. “Ya, dongsaeng, I was actually watching this show!” Yoona grabbed the TV remote and turned the TV on again. “Oh. Mian, I forgot you were here too.” She rolled her eyes with a huffy exhale "Sorry I'm existing." but then she sat up cross-legged and looking at me with a serious face. “You heard nothing new from Hyomi?” I shook my head and left the living room. I didn’t mind, if she would be grumpy because she really hates it if I’m just leaving a conversation but I was really not in the mood to talk about that now.

Yesterday we couldn't find Hyomi anywhere so Baekhyun called the police and reported her missing. “It’s like I’m calling her already dead, Chanyeol. It’s awful!”
he had cried to me all over and I felt the same. If those disappearances will go on like this….it's goodnight, nurse! I couldn’t imagine how their parent’s would take the bad message but luckily unlucky they went both on a business trip for this week. Baekhyun had hesitated to tell his parents though and we just hoped Hyomi will appear quickly and healthy again. It can't be I'm just sitting here around and wait! I sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket and wanted to call her again even I knew she wouldn't pick up, even after a hundred calls. “Oh~” I immediately said, when a little paper fell out as well and I picked it up to unfold it. I mentally hit my head. I totally forgot about this! It was the page I ripped out of Hyomi’s haunted house books.
I wonder…

“I’m going outside!” I yelled to the living room and grabbed my jacket quickly and left before she could ask where I was going. I searched for the right address in my phone and began to ran to the next bus station. It was nonsense she would be there but better than sitting in front of the TV and wait at all. I had the urge to do something and this was just a good opportunity to get out of the house. It only needed some minutes until the bus stopped at the right station and I pushed the opening button nervously until that slow bus finally opened its stupid doors. I rushed outside and began to ran.

After walking through a little park, I suddenly stood in front of an old house. It was all black and looked like it burned down.
I wonder where I just landed.
“There’s a curse on this house!”

„Curse what?“ I said scared stiff and looked around. My eyes met with them of a really beautiful girl standing next to me. She was standing under a big white umbrella and we stared at each other until she tilted her head confused to the right. My head was turning for seconds because I couldn't believe how many similarities she had with Dara. Please someone pinches me. She really looked like a younger version of Park Sandara and I was unable to say anything.
This was just too crazy. “Huh?” she asked confused. I opened my mouth to say something but I just stuttered a stupid "Eh..." as I tried to remember what I said before. Looking at her confused me so much and it was odd the way my heart skipped a beat by looking at her. “W-What do you mean with c-curse?” I asked her again but she just shook her head and giggled like I made a joke. Crazy - she has the same beautiful smile as well! “I don’t have the slightest idea from what you’re talking about but I think you’re funny. My name is Delilah.” She made a slight bow and some snow felt off her umbrella. Snow? I looked up and it was really snowing! Hell, isn't it way too early for winter? How is this even possible? Am I going crazy?

I looked around, watching the little snow flakes dancing around and, really, I was totally confused. “Ehm…and can I ask for your name as well?” she pouted and stepped next to me, holding her umbrella up so I could get under it too. “Park Chanyeol imnida.” I bowed shortly and wondered why she didn't tell me her full name. “What a beautiful name. You're looking at this house now for some minutes without doing anything. I was walking by and I was quiet curious what you could find so interesting. So…” She held her hand over her eyes like she was looking out for something and turned her head from left to right. "What is so interesting?"
Just now, I remembered why I was here and it scared me I had forgotten about Hyomi just because of this girl. How come? I shook the snow off from my head and shoulders. “Actually I wanted to go to this haunted house over there.” I pointed to the black house and her eyes grew big “Are you some kind of adrenaline junky? It looks so dangerous. Please don’t go, I would feel bad if you do.” she said with a sweet voice and I felt how I blushed right up to my ears.
The way she acted to me was nothing like a stranger you know for only five minutes.

"Ehhm" I stuttered and scratched my head in confusion. It was strange but the same time I found it cute in some ways. I mentally slapped myself.
Chanyeol, you’re actually not here to small talk with strangers who just look like Dara noona! Hyomi would laugh at you! It's no time for fanboying!
“Wouldn’t you like to accompany me a bit? It might be not as thrilling as going in that house but…” she looked at me with high expecting and added “I’m new here and I feel a bit lonely, you know?”. I looked to the house and back to her and I was about to say that I needed to go when I stuffed the page from the book back into my pocket. “No. I think, it’s okay to accompany you home. It’s getting late as well and a girl should better not walk around alone.” What I said was actually true, but it was like those words weren't mine at all. I didn’t even thought about saying something like that but still I did! Didn’t I just want to leave?
She squeaked excited and linked her arm with mine and I gave her a shy smile. “But you really don’t need to, if you have other plans, Chanyeol.” she followed up again but I shook my head and took her umbrella so she didn’t need to carry it. “It’s okay, I have nothing important to do.”
We walked for a minute without saying really much and it felt a bit awkward the way she walked close beside me. I looked down on her and almost wanted to ask if she by chance was really related with Park Sandara but I shook this thought off - it was just way too stupid.

Suddenly she slipped away and I was too slow to catch her and she landed on the floor with a yawp. “Are you okay?” I kneeled down but she winced when she rubbed her ankle to abate the pain. She looked up with tears in her eyes “I think I hurt my ankles. It’s k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter