Awakening Pt. II - The Rise of Bangtan

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol still didn’t come to school today as yesterday as the day before yesterday.
It felt strange to sit next to the empty chair which emptied my heart only by its look. I felt really lonely and I was kinda afraid to walk around alone in school.
When we were in class, Sehun tried his best to beware me from all those eyes and every time someone only said my name he turned around and looked that long pissed off, until they hid under the table, afraid Sehun's eyes might burn them alive. It helped to get through lessons but lunch was almost unbearable.
But Baekhyun thought hiding would only give more material for rumors.
There were crazy rumors about Jongin and me in everyone's mouths in just a day. Everyone was blabbering crazy stuff - things that sounded way too stupid and fictional. I should better laugh than cry but the disgusted gazes that followed me down the corridors were unsustainable.
Baekhyun was really worried about me but I had to be strong. Sooner or later the rumors will calm down. In comparison to this, for me, not having Chanyeol around was way worse. It was like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. Being lonely was the same as being without Chanyeol because in the end it was the same, I think.

I walked down alone the school corridor in a rush. I didn't waste my time to get them all a chance to tell new lies about me. It was nearly crazy. If I was walking from A to Z it was a hot issue. If I was alone, it was a hot issue as well as if I would be with someone. If I said the correct answer in class? Hot issue. If I said something wrong? Hot issue. If I said nothing, it was as well the #1 conversational topic in school. No matter what I did, or not did, they were talking their mouths bloody and fabricated the craziest stories to it. It was silly and I wished so badly Chanyeol would be here to protect me from all those eyes and comments.
"Look at her I can't believe she dares to come here."
"I know. I think she doesn't even have any bad feelings about what happen."
"What a "
I sighed and acted like I didn't listen, like I didn't mind, but it was hard anyway to not get sad by so much hate. I looked highly concentrated on my shoes while walking away, until I bumped into another problem. I looked up and gulped. Sometimes you can be happy to not be in their teasing radar. Sometimes they're also kind but I think not to me now. If there is a group who likes to joke around the most it always comes to our lovely Bangtan Boys. Any kind of jokes. Any kind. I'm in their radar for sure.
Jin pushed me against the lockers and I looked up into their amused eyes. "W-what do you want?" I stuttered and their youngest, Jungkook, giggled "For someone whom goes around so crazy rumors you should be a bit more confident to survive this, right?" I took a step back but I was already pressed against the cold metal of the locker. "Only stupid people believe in every rumor their ears catch in the wind." I mumbled into me. "Huh what did you say?" Jimin pushed my arm fiercely. They surrounded me and I was completely trapped. Eotteoke?

Taehyung, who just looked like he could be Baekhyun's little twin, came closer, grinning his amused smile which probably looked cute in every other situation but now. "So if these rumors are - like you say - all wrong than I'm asking myself.....why are you not doing anything against them,huh?" I gulped. What does he aim with that question? What should I even do against it? Suddenly the ground under us began to shiver a bit and I looked afraid around, them as well "What was this?" Jin asked afraid but Taehyung acted like he didn't care. I was really scared now! An earthquake? "Huh? Tell me Hyomi why are you like this? Maybe because you know they're true? How's this? Doesn't it make you angry now?" Taehyung nudged me teasingly while Jin next to him, leaning at the locker, just looked at him without saying anything sighed.
"Why you just can't leave me alone. Believe what ever you want, I know that they're all wrong." I ducked down and wanted to run away but I didn't come this far. He pushed me back again, laughing. "Ah ah. Do you think I'm easy? Answer me now." He was mean and I got fully along with his jokes because he knew for sure that he hurt me with these questions. Tears came up my eyes and I couldn't stand any longer all the pent-up anger I kept inside until now and I tried to push him back "BECAUSE YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT ANYWAY SO FCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE." But they just laughed about my weak try, enjoying that I lost my temper the more they were teasing me.

"YA! " At first I cringed back but it wasn’t Taehyung yelling at me but Baekhyun behind him. “Baeki” I sighed relieved and all head turned around. Baekhyun wore still his sportswear which was partly dirty and his forehead was in sweat. I wondered why he was here instead of being in the gym hall. Did he just go out of sport? And why is he so dusty? To hide my upcoming tears I blinked so fast that I was kinda dizzy by the rapid dark to bright switch of the light. Baekhyun rushed over to me and Jimin and Jungkook made a step back at once, only Taehyung stood confident at his place. He pushed Taehyun away from me and they stood face to face.
"Are you deaf? If she says leave her alone....you will better leave her alone." He nearly growled out the last words and the lights above us wavered crazily like strobe light. I looked up because I was afraid we would stay the next seconds in the dark. "Oh~ will Oppa help our little Byun? How sweet. Mind your own business, hyun buddy." Taehyung smirked and I used the divertissement to escape the trap and hide behind my brother.
There are situations you don't have to keep your head up high. Sometimes you just need a brother whom you can hide behind. This was one of those situations and I was glad he came the right moment. "Don’t get me started!" Baekhyun clinched his hand and held it up. This moment the light bulbs above us exploded and all lights went off. From far away I heard some screams...maybe it was my own. The little glass fragments fell on the ground and the scared gasps from Taehyung, Jimin, Jin and Jungkook gave me a bit of self-satisfaction but to be honest, I was scared too. "Such a coward" Baeki said and grabbed my hand in the dark. He dragged me away while I looked back and recognized that the whole school stood in the dark. A blackout?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyungsoo’s Pov.

We had gym class and I was really frustrated since the last days the rumors about Jongin circulated like crazy. Poor him, poor Yoona and Hyomi. I felt bad that I couldn't do something useful against these rumors

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter