Play with fire

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Flashback~

“Chanyeol there’s one thing I didn’t understand all the time.” Chanyeol looked at me and waited for me to go on. We sat on his bed, munching some marshmallows and I held one of his big Rilakkuma in my arms and I placed my head on its and watched Chanyeol smiling bright. His full attention belonged to his Rilakkuma and it made me giggle. Sometimes I really wonder why such small things could make him smile so bad, I mean…it’s just a teddy bear! I looked in his eyes which glued on me now. I blushed and grabbed another mellow but I felt too observed so instead of eating it I was just looking at it and turned it in my hand.
“…In that house, when there was the fire. How did you manage to get through those flames? I mean, they were everywhere but I remembered how they stepped aside when you were walking toward me.” He scratched his head, looking away for a moment and I used this moment to stuff the marshmallow in my mouth.

He was thinking about it but finally gave me a bright smile and bend a bit nearer. He waved at me to come nearer too and I frowned but finally bend over and he whispered: “It’s crazy maybe but…I think I’m a fire bender. Like those in avatar – the last air bender!” he looked at me and I reached out my finger to snip his forehead and he sighed in pain, holding his forehead with his hands. “Ah Hyomi~!” he rubbed his head but with the other hand he snipped his finger and a little flame showed up on the tip of his fingers. Out of surprise, I jumped back with a squeak and looked in surprise at him. He made a hand move and the flame danced on his hand without hurting him and he smiled proudly. “Isn’t that cool? I can grill your marshmallows anywhere!” He just held one over his hand and I smelled the caramel like flavor while I was wondering if this scared me or if I was really amazed. He happily chewed his grilled marshmallow and looked at me for a reaction and I gave him a weak smile and a thumbs up. “G-great? So you have a supernatural power like the rest as well? And you’re using it to burn your food?”
I scratched my head confused but he nodded happily letting the flame grew bigger in his hand throwing the flame like a ball from one hand to another and started juggling. “Chanyeol, stop it! You might burn something. Or yourself.”

He giggled but I was not amused. Confronted with the fire, I was constantly thinking back to that strange dream with Chanyeol and those flames around him. How they slowly ate him up…
Suddenly he jelled in pain and shook his hand heavily around “Ah it’s burning me! It’s hot, it’s hot!” I screamed in panic, threw the Rilakkuma away and grabbing the pillow next to me and out of panic I attacked him to smother the fire. My violently moves suddenly made me lose my balance and I literally leap at him still hitting the pillow in all possible directions before they would hurt him even more. “Hyomi, Hyomi, HEY!” he yelled at me and grabbed my hands to stop my attacks while I still struggled to help him. I finally looked at his widened eyes, our face just an inch away from each other’s. I gasped heavily in shock and gulped down my last scream when he calmly whispered “It was a joke. Okay? I’m joking. It doesn’t hurt me. I’m okay. What are you doing?” My lips shivered because I was so freaking scared and whimpered “Why are you so stupid to scare me like this? My heart! You can’t do this! I told you to stop playing.” I freed my hand and hit his chest under me “You giant version of a kid! I was scared! You giant idiot.” He hugged me tight to stop me hitting him, patting my head while I slowly recovered from my shock. “Don’t be scared, I’m sorry.” My heart trembled against my chest and I tried to hush it down but it was still in wild worry.

After a while I moved my head up, smiled embarrassed and still I felt tears falling down “I’m a sissy, I’m sorry, I hit you.” He took my face in his hands, wiping my tears away and muttered “No I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. I didn’t mean to scare you, okay?” I just closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them again he was still so close to me and watched me softly with sorry feels in his eyes. I could hear and feel his crazily heart beating next to mine. His arm lied still around me and his thumb caressed my cheek, catching my tears and he mumbled my name. It only needed a soft push under my chin and our lips met too suddenly I could have even noticed what he did. His lips, still sweet from the candy, pressed hungrily on mine, those lips that waited so long to finally meet them. At first I hesitated while adrenaline was rushing through my whole body, tickled me down till my toe and washed away all trouble of my heavy heart. I allowed him to kiss me and with this decision forgot about Delilah, my jealousy, Kris, my broken heart. For a second I was healed and Chanyeol left only happiness that left me smiling awkwardly inside and outside.
Chanyeol, why? You're making it even more complicated! Please, don’t be angry with me. STOP IT RIGHT NOW!
The same time we stared at each other for a millisecond, eyes wide open – I knew he heard it too…

“HELL CHANYEOL WHAT JUST HAPPENED I HEARD SCREAMS AND…” The door swung open with a loud bang. Without knowing, I jerked up and made a move back, hitting my back head on the wall and winced. There it is again. Pain! Ouh! I was sure I couldn’t react so quickly on my own. What just happened? Did I just hear Chanyeol’s voice? NOBODY TOLD YOU TO KISS EACH OTHER!! I DIDN'T ALLOW IT! The voice in my head yelled at me and I wondered how she could be so furious about it.
I looked up and saw the most confused face of Chanyeol’s sister who stood like frozen in the door. Oh gosh, no! I hid my face in my hand, my head was hot like fire and I still winced in pain while I heard how Chanyeol jumped up, trying to explain but it was just the worst try I’ve ever heard
“I-I didn’t kiss her like you think. Don't think....I-It was just a…joke I made, a worse joke and she tried to stop because it was burning, I mean, look…no I can’t show you but...It’s not like you think just because she tried to stop me and you don’t have to think now what you think because it’s wrong what you think…why are you looking like this?….get out of my room!” he pushed her out without her struggling to do so and closed the door. He leaned his back against it and hid his face with his hand but I still saw his ears burning red in embarrassment.

Wait! What did he just say!? The kiss was a joke? A.Joke? W-what should this mean? Is he kidding me?  The voice in my head was laughing at me satisfied but I squeaked and hide my head under the pillow. A long time there was an awkward silence between us until I finally stood up when he looked up, confused what I was about to do. I just picked up the teddy I had dropped before. “O-Oh look! You’re precious sweet Rilak-kiss…KUMA! I-It felt down.” I laughed the most fake laugh of my life and hold it in front of him. He slowly walked over to me “I’m really sorry, Hyomi. P-please, I didn’t mean to...” I pushed the teddy in his arms and shook my head. “No. It’s a joke. Haha. Yeah. This kiss was a joke.…I should better leave.” I grabbed my jacket while I cursed myself for kissing him back instead of s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter