Ashes of a broken hearted love

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel like I have to warn so I will not put it to Rated M but be prepared for a death not without a bit violence. Don't be scared but if you're afraid to read leave out the bold part. I explain you in [A/N] so you'll understand Sorry if you feel uncomfortable I just know everybody is different with violent scenes and I don't want you to be afraid! >.<

Kris' Pov.

I woke up from a mumbling near my face and opened my eyes to see Hyomi laying next to me, talking nonsense while dreaming. I wanted to sit up but my numb arm stuck under her back. I sighed and carefully pushed my arm out and shook it twice because I've got pins and needles in my arm. I tried to remember what  had happened yesterday. I had woke up and heard her screams behind my door. First, I had thought I was dreaming but I wasn't, of course. She was really here.
I stood up and touched my head – no fever. I should feel scared because of it. It never meant something good and something was in the air if fever got me like this. I turned around to Hyomi and looked at her sleeping face which I could barely see because her hair covered the side of her face. She was cuddling herself to a small ball, looking even smaller than she already was. I caught myself smiling and her hair back. “Can you please stop messing with me?” I whispered and covered her with the blanket so she wouldn't feel cold, carefully not to wake her up and left her sleeping. After what had happened yesterday, she deserved a good sleep. Thinking about yesterday, I rolled frustrated my eyes because what I did was so unusual me. Damn that fever, how could I just kiss her all of a sudden? I ruffled my hair in embarrassment. I think that fever really damaged my mind. 

“Fever, you say?” Tao had asked curiously with an amused smile around his lips when I met him in the kitchen, following my growling empty stomach even I wasn't really hungry at all. For me, I didn’t see anything funny in having fever. “What are you dirty smirking around, huh?” I grumpled but Tao just shrugged his shoulders and tried to stop grinning. “I only remember that there are people talking funny if they have fever. Anything happened like this?” Because I had told him about Hyomi - outleaving the kiss, of course - he imagined the wildest stupid things I could have said to her but anything he would think of would come even near what really happened. I pretended like thinking for a while, then turned around and opened the fridge just to look into it - like searching for an answer. “Maybe there was some…” I mumbled grumpy and closed the fridge again without taking out anything. I really wasn’t hungry. “Aha! I hit the bull's eye. So tell me.” Tao giggled and I avoided my best friends eyes.Why does he know me so well, it's annoying. It's not like he can read my mind but he was always thinking the same as I did.

“I remember almost nothing, just blurry things so there's nothing interesting to tell you.” I lied because one thing I remembered for sure. I really hoped it would be  a dream but this was out of options. Tao’s annoyingly curious eyes watched me that long until I gave up the useless eye fight. “I don't really think that's one of your business, Tao. Get yourself a hobby.” Tao raised his eyebrow up to heaven, stubborn standing there and waited for me to reveal what happened yesterday. I picked up the apple he placed on the tray and bit into it and mumbled “I kissed her.”
Tao’s smile dissapeared immediantly and his face went pale.I knew what he was thinking, I knew he thought like me it was a dangerous mistake, cousing maybe even more trouble than there was alrady. “How come? Did that fever boil your brain?” Tao leaned against the kitchen desk and shook his head in disbelief. I had the urge to defend myself, angry to myself but also angry that Tao was just afraid of what I feared too.

“Don't be silly, Kris, how could you do this to Hyomi? You said, you can feel Delilah's appearance again since the dragon showed up and nevertheless you kissed that poor girl. You know you put Hyomi's life at risk?” With another bite I gulped down the hate I felt toward Tao speaking out my fears. But he didn't even gave me a change to explain what happened. “You will better not try to provoke Delilah with Hyomi. You know her temper and you can’t risk involving Hyomi into this. I think I don't need to remember you of last time.” Tao said with a furious voice. I threw the bitten apple a bit to angry in the dustbin. He was hypocritical "You really don't need to remember me now about this, okay? Hyomi is not Jieun and this will definitely not happen again, you understand?!" I yelled because I was really mad and grabbed the tray for Hyomi Tao made to just leave this room. It was hard enough to know I lost Jieun through my sister's jealousy love toward me but I really didn't need to get remembered about this. I didn't want to get remembered how helpless I just stood there watching...I squint my eyes to get lost of that memory but it didn't help. They had burned in my mind so clear I would never be able to forget and to forgive. I almost wanted to throw the tray down but I got myself together and breathed in and out to calm myself down. Just not freak out. “You know my sister disappeared two years ago after what happened to Jieun. If she could, she had been appeared a long time before.” I didn't turn back to Tao but I felt his critical eyes on me.

Since she appeared for the first time, I had tried to avoid Hyomi. But something of her remembered me so much of Jieun, that my heart got weak again. I was weak and it disturbed me but how much I tried to stay away from Hyomi, she always spun around me like a ghost and if she wasn't around she was still in my mind all the time. “You really need to be careful, Kris, don't you see you lost yourself? Falling for Hyomi would bring us all in danger. I told you, I feel something's going on and I think I found out now what it is. I know what you try to persue, but let me tell you something: Hyomi is not your ticket to get out of here. Don't risk Hyomi's life because of your selfish wish to leave Lost Planet. It would not be worth another one's life.” Tao's voice was filled with worry but he saw it comepletely wrong.
I placed the tray back on the desk, to hard so everything fell down but I got only my furious eyes on him. "Tao don't be silly! Even with Hyomi, nobody can leave Lost Planet. You should know it as well as I do. Don't say I try to use Hyomi because I don't do. And I don't have feelings for her. Because I will not do the same mistake again. There is nothing to worry about!" We both stood face to face one angry glare fighting the other and I breathed heavily in anger. "I wonder why you're so heated up, if there's nothing to worry about." Tao snorted and behind him the oven cought fire. I needed to control myself or I would burn everything in a second, maybe Tao too. I clinched my hands and tried to held back my anger. I was too emotional those days. "There is nothing to worry about because if Delilah had wanted to kill Hyomi then why is she hesitating? Where is she, because if she knew, why wouldn't she show up then? We both know she's not an unassertive person.”  I spun around and walked outside the kitchen. “Kris where are you going?!Let me finish!" Tao yelled at me but I didn't listen. "Sending Hyomi back home." I growled back because it was the only option to calm down Tao's worries. Tao's and my worries.

~~~~~~~~
Hyomi’s Pov

Because Kris wasn’t there when I woke up, I decided to search for him. Maybe he already felt better -I really hoped so - because of yesterday I didn't know if I should be confused or completely baffled from the kiss. I slapped my cheek a few times. Can I think for a moment not about this? Really it's so ridiculous.
I sighed and looked outside the window. Since the weather was so nice, I decided to take a look at the garden outside. The sun was already shining, still I felt the soft cold air, remaining of the night. Maybe Kris had took a relaxing walk outside after waking up. I giggled, because I could only barely imagine Kris walking around with his head in the clouds. No, that is not his type, isn't it?

I walked around like this when I saw Luhan and Xiumin who carried water to the roses. I walked toward them and greeted them with a bright smile.
“Good morning Hyomi. How are you? I heard you had a quiet hard time to take care of Kris?” Xiumin smiled and he acted like I had never even left Lost Planet for once. I blushed a bit and hoped Kris didn’t tell them about the kiss. No he wouldn’t. "So he is here?" I crained my neck, looking around but didn't see hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter