Fighting!

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up in an unknown room - again. I sat up and looked at myself in a mirror on the other side of the room. I frowned and threw away the blanket to stand up and placed myself in front of it. My face was a pale so I peeked my cheeks once and hand-combed my hair while I angrily looked at my reflection with those really not pretty eye bags and those deep shadows around my eyes. I hissed frustrated What did just happen? Of course I remembered – how could I forget?
“Jongin!” My reflection looked at me with wide eyes and I sighed heavily again because of her sudden reaction. “Don’t look so shocked!” I mumbled to myself.
He’s a vampire now…because of me! All happenings from last night flashed through my mind in a second and I wanted to know if he’s alright and don't want to be scared of him or his new appearance. I rushed towards the door to open it but when I pushed the door handle down, the door didn't open. I tried again - Nothing happened. I pushed and pulled but the door didn’t move in any direction. It was locked! I threw myself against it and shook the door heavily. I’m trapped!
“HELP ME!!! IS THERE ANYONE??” I banged against the door and fear crept up my body. “HELP ME!!!!!!” boom boom. “OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!!!”
boom boom boom “I’M TRAPPED!!!IS THERE ANYBODY?? PLEASE I’M GOING TO DIE IN HERE!!!” boomboomboomboom.

Tears flew down my face senselessly because of that annoying phobia and my hands got sore from hitting against the heavy wood. Nobody would hear me anyway in that big castle with its hundrets of corridors,rooms and doors. Where’s everybody? Why am I alone? I slipped down to the door frustrated and gulped down my fear. It was so useless being scared of a locked door. I just wanted to get out of here. Where’s Kris, Luhan or Chen? Why didn’t Lay hear me or Xiumin? Is Tao somewhere? Maybe Cici has the key! How about Jongin? Was it a dream he bit me? Thoughts spun around my head like a merry-go-round and I rushed back to the mirror and looked at my neck. I gasped for air because really – two tiny decent wholes appeared right when I tied my braid to the other side. I touched it and it felt strange.

What if I’m a vampire now too? I thought about all the things I've ever read in some books about vampires and how you know there’s truly one.
I have a reflection. Check. But there were too many vampire stories I read. What will actually be true? I observed myself in the mirror and grinned widely to myself without feeling happy, but odd. I opened my mouth to touch my teeth but they felt normal. Check. What else? I walked to the window and stopped in front of the sunlight, which shone through it. I pointed out my index finger and slowly, very slowly got near the light beam. What if I just got burned? I have to try. I kinda touched the light beam, pulling my finger even more into the light – nothing happened! “Check!” I said relieved and placed my full hand into the sunshine and it didn’t hurt. I stood myself completely into it. No sparkle either. Check. I giggled. "I can’t transform into a bat, right?" I closed my eyes and imagined how it would be like to be a bat. I lifted my arms up and flapped around and then opened my eyes again. Still human. Check.
“Oh man, I feel so silly.” I shook my head in embarrassment.

Someone behind me exploded in laughter and coughed up. I jerked around and saw Kris holding his tummy from laughing and I felt not only silly but extremely ashamed. Again I searched for the whole in the ground to disappear. He leaned against the door, a key in his hand and still giggling and he looked way too amused in my direction. My head was hot in embarrassment and he cleared his throat just to give me a grin then. “I actually wanted to apologize for locking you in but maybe it was the best idea I had. I hope you are now relieved after finding out you’re not a vampire. There is an even more simple sign to know if you are or not, you know?”
I stamped angrily to the bed, grabbed a pillow, and walked over to him. He wiped away some invisible tears of joy, still spinning the key in his hand around and pressed his lips together. I knew he didn’t want to laugh and he tried hard.

I raised the pillow over my head and swung it down on him with all my anger to hit him with the pillow. I don’t know how, but he didn’t see it coming so he trembled forward. I was the one now who giggled around. “What the…” He took the pillow out of my hands and I gulped. “Ehm…Sorry?” I shrugged excusing my shoulders but he hissed in amusement over my lame try to get out of my miserable situation. I chose the wrong enemy.“Tz. Dream on!” He smirked and threw the pillow down on me.

I squeaked and tried to escaped him while he was chasing me through the whole room. After running a round I jumped on the bed and grabbed another pillow to fight against his attacks.
He jumped on the bed as well and I almost lost my balance. “You know, you just can lose, right?” he said and smirked again. I puffed my pillow like I loaded a gun “They all call me the pillow fight queen so for you-” This moment his pillow hit me directly in my face and I spilled out some feathers which lost its way out of the pillow. “Ya!!! It’s unfair to attack when I’m talking!” I stamped my feet but he arrogantly shrugged his shoulders “In war there’s no time for blabbering.” I angrily stamped my foot again and pouted, my arms akimbo and I waited for an excuse. “About that queen thing. So I should made a quick bow, Madame?” he made a deep bow and I saw my chance for revenge. I pushed the pillow right into his side, that heavy that he trembled to the side while I laughed in triumph and the feathers flew out from my pillow when I hit him again. He flailed, trying not to fall down the bed.

When I saw him falling, I reached his arm but it was already too late. He fell backwards out of the bed and before I could relieve my hand he pulled me already with him and with a high pitched shriek of mine we both hit the ground. Lucky me, I landed on him so I made a quiet soft landing in contrast to Kris.
He groaned in pain and I pulled the hair in my face back and looked around irritated. I saw the feathers flying down around us. What a mess. I looked at Kris who's eyes were closed and he didn’t move, even his chest moved slow unlike me, exhausted from the fight. “Kris? Kris, are you dead?” I slapped his cheek and looked for  any reaction. But there was none.“Eotteoke? I killed him with a pillo-“ I got pushed aside by a pillow and felt of his chest, rolling up on my belly. “Ouch.” I turned around and this moment he grabbed my wrist and held it over my head, his eyes looked down directly in my eyes. “You know you’re heavy? Shouldn’t the so called "pillow fight queen" be lighter or something?” he grinned amused and I pouted. “Let me go!” I rolled my wrist in his grip but they didn’t move. I was pinned down on the floor and Kris just close over my face. Recognizing my situation I blushed and turned my face away embarrassed. “Cheater.” I mumbled huffy because pillow fights were my specialty.

“I win, what?” he asked and I spun my head back to him angrily. “No! I hit you down! I won!” he shook his head and nodded to my hands “I attacked you last and you’re not able to fight back - so I won.” That stubborn punk! "That's nonsense!" he wiggled his eyebrows and waited for my answer. After struggling with myself I swallowed my proud and sighed frustrated. “Okay you won this time. But I just let you win, because I pity you. Because you were clumsy enough to fell from the bed. You’re a clumsy cheater.” He let me go, tickled pink over this nasty shakedown. I sat up “Ya! You’re better not laughing.” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and narrowed my eyes. “Oh don’t look so huffy, Hyomi, it’s not fitting you.” I hissed annoyed but smiled a bit. “Feathers are not fitting you either. You look like a half-plucked rooster.” He ruffled his hair and the feathers fell down. My try to fight back failed perfectly.
Why was he in such a good mood? This should actually scare you, Hyomi!
“Have you looked in the mirror too? You look like a scarecrow.” he said and somewhere in his voice I heard that I hurt his ego awfully well. But this was still no need to be so cruel! Is he kidding?  He saw my surprised face and took back his words “Okay. A cute scarecrow?”
I rolled my eyes and ran my fingers through my hair but they knotted and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter