Where is she? Who is she?

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris’ Pov

I didn’t know how long I stood there, staring at the place where she disappeared. Guilty eyes were watching me and I wondered if they were mine. But that couldn’t be. Because that would mean there was a way for me to follow her. Reflection means there was a way. I did. I jumped through the portal and followed her, grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to me. “It’s okay you don’t need to cry.” I whispered while I held her in my arms, her head while hushing her sobs so she would calm down. Of course she cried. How could she stand such cruel words of mine. “I will protect you. Here, you’re safe, I promise you.” I really hurt her and I could hardly imagine she would only look at me ever again. No! she won’t come back, there will be no "again". She will hate me and that was….good. 
“I’m sorry, it was necessary. You needed to go. I needed to hurt you, other way I couldn’t let you go.” I couldn’t protect her if Delilah spun around like a ghost, appearing when nobody’s expecting it and tries to kill her. Maybe it was true what Delilah had said, maybe I really like Hyomi but I was foolish to try accepting those feelings only for a second. Quit to accept feelings. I needed to push Hyomi away. She won’t come back after what I had said to her and I was relieved to be sure she wouldn’t appear in the middle of the night in front of my door when I was thinking about what she was doing right now. I ruffled my hair frustrated. It was good there was no way to follow her.

I came back to my senses when I heard quick footsteps behind me and I turned around to see Tao rushing over. I was in the room under the library, staring at the mirror with no reflection. Only my imagination had leaded me between go after her and pushing her away. With now I closed everything with Hyomi away, every thought. They would never appear in my mind again. She wouldn’t appear anymore. Not in my mind, not here. Nowhere.

“Kris, where’s Hyomi?” he said out of breath and I bit my tongue to not yell at him in all frustration. I just prepared myself to get her out of my mind and you punk start talking about her? I grit my teeth and closed my eyes for a moment. “Didn’t I say to you, I will send her back?” I said way too harsh and pulled the blanked over the portal again. I the dusty cotton and didn’t dare to sigh in frustration. I wouldn't let him know how I struggled inside with myself. I really didn't need to worry him about me and in addition to that - there was no need to worry. I'll be fine. I am fine.
“You send her back with it? And it worked? You think she is safe now?" I didn't answered because I didn't know. I was just hoping. I turned around and left without a word, going the stairs up and he followed like a shadow going on my nerves. Can't I just be alone for a moment?
"Kris, can I be serious? You really like her. You wouldn’t have let her use that portal if she didn’t mean anything to you and I think you know it as good as me.” I felt his stare on my back and had the first time the idea to stuff his mouths with something, cuff him in a corner and leave him forever there. Together with Hyomi. I stopped on the last stair but I didn't turn around to him. “No, it was just necessary.” I mumbled because Tao was right of course.

That portal was special. It needed years for me to build it up but it was always useless for me to get through. As long as there was not a reflection of myself looking back at me I was trapped in Lost Planet. But I knew Hyomi could go. It was strange that she was the one traveling back and forth however she wanted, leaving me every time more confused alone. But it was the last time she would confuse my heart. That portal was a one-way ticket to earth. If she would once jump through that portal the one she would jump out and bring her back home will shatter and be destroyed. So she could not return even if she wanted so, what I made sure she would not, too. I was just smoke and mirror but I needed to do it all. For her to stay safe. It was my confession to her without her ever knowing what I actually did. It will be a secret.

Tao and me had left the library and we walked in silent next to each other but he fumbled nervously with his hands and I knew he wanted to say something so I sighed and asked what was on his mind. He would tell me sooner or later anyway but that nervous jitterbug next to me really got on my nerves and I was stressed enough today.
He cleared his voice and looked with a serious expression to me and I already had the clue what he was thinking. “Why do you think Delilah tried to hurt Hyomi but suddenly left and gave you the chance to safe her? Don’t you think this was strange?” Of course it was strange. Everything that was happening didn't fit in in any even slightly realistic situation. My head hurt and I was sick of thinking how everything could fit together and make some sense even it doesn't and only frustrated me. I gave Tao a death glare and he shrugged back a bit.“It was close enough for Hyomi and me to be squeezed like pancakes. I don’t think this was a great chance for saving. It was just our luck and your ability to make the walls move slower!” Luckily, Tao knows me too good and just kept on talking even I really wished he just stopped. “Wouldn’t she know that I could do this? She knows us all too well, Kris. I don’t know, but I have the strange feeling this didn’t happen out of luck. What if she’s actually aiming something from this?” I sighed and rolled my eyes, kicking the door open with my feet and it slammed against the wall.

“We all have the feeling Delilah is aiming something. She’s always like this and if she’s doing it without a particular reason she’s just doing it for fun. If she finds a reason to have fun in any way, she will play her deathly game until she wins. No matter the prize.” Tao looked up the same moment I looked at him and we needed no adding words to understand each others “So it was just for fun, huh?” he mumbled but I shook my head. “It was a warning. She got stronger since we've seen her last time. I am not able to protect Hyomi this way, that's why I sent her back. And she will not coming back again.” I looked at him forcing “I don’t want this to happen again.” I balled my hands to fists but the pain in my hand let me loosen my strength again and I sighed, shaking of the pain but it still burned. Tao sighed and it made me angry but for him it doesn't matter because he know I would never even try to hurt him. “You fool, where’s Lay if you need him? Gonna fix you're broken h-” I gave him a quick glance but he smirked "...hand. Hand, okay? What else?"

Later I sat beside Lay, who just grabbed my hand a bit too harsh, looking at it. I aspired the air harsh between my teeth and he looked up apologizing. “I’m sorry I was just really impressed. I wonder, if there're bones left or everything dusted. You put a lot of strengths in this.” His hand lighted up and my shoulders loosen their tension as I felt like the pain got less within seconds. “It’s not like I wanted to hit the floor that hard. There’s now a whole in my library.” Tao beside me played with the little flower as a table decoration. Lay let my hand go again but frown his eyebrows “Here we are. I’m sorry I can’t do more for you, Kris.” I raised an eyebrow and looked up to him as he stood up. “What do you mean?” I moved my ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter