Two hearts - One breath

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything around me was dark. Am I dreaming? I felt how someone grabbed me by my shoulders and pushed me deeper in the sofa cushion. Heavy breaths touched my neck and when I opened my eyes I just saw two deep red eyes and the vampire baring his teeth with a deep growl before I felt the sharp teethes pierced into my flesh. It was real! I tried to scream but he covered my mouth and nose so I couldn’t breathe anymore. In blank panic I tried to punch him but just hit air. The ironclad grip on my shoulders pushed me down and the swoosh in my ear sounded like my blood flowing out of my body. He’s going to kill me! I’ll die! I tried to push him away and hit his chest but it seems like it didn’t bother him at all. Maybe that was just fair. Because of me, Jongin is now a vampire and how I destroyed his life, he will now end mine too. It’s just fair. I closed my eyes as they got heavy and stopped my arms and legs from air-punching.
Maybe because I couldn’t breathe or maybe I already lost too much blood. But does it matter? I’m deeply sorry, Jongin.
All of a sudden he let go and before I could open my eyes I heard a bang against the wall to the side of my head and I heard finery dropping to the floor.
While panting hardly for air I looked around but I had no orientation at all. The room was spinning crazily and I felt of the sofa.
I managed myself on all fours, looking up into the spinning surrounding to see Kris walking toward Jongin and pushed him up centimeters over the floor, his hands pressed around Jongin’s neck.
Jongin tried to rip away Kris hands from him and I heard a growl escaping Jongin’s ruby-red lips.

I pressed my hand against the two little wholes where Jongin’s teeth seconds before were. My chest was still moving heavy and my heart stuck in my mouth.
“You will calm yourself down now or I see no other option than killing you. Hyomi’s friend or not. I can’t accept blood in my house. Are you a wild animal or will you calm down now?” Kris yelled and pushed Jongin once more against the wall.
“KRIS NO!” When I tried to stand up, the room was turning 720° but I tried to get in between them. I grabbed his arm and tried to pull it away from Jongin.
“Kris please don’t kill him! It’s not his fault! I'm begging you, stop it!” Jongin’s feet found ground again and he gasped like me seconds before for air.
“And I was naive enough to think I will not play the babysitter.” Kris walked away and shut the door. I rushed up to follow him. But I stopped and turned around to Jongin again. I didn’t know if I should be scared or feel pitiful. Like I shivered I was scared, or maybe in shock.
“Hyomi I’m…I don’t wanted to…just.Go! I’m scared to hurt you again. Go!” I nodded with hot tears in my eyes. “It’s all my fault I’m sorry.”
I ran outside and tried to find Kris.

After a time I found him finally outside in the garden. “Kris, stop for a second.” He didn’t listen, didn’t even look around, just walked on like I didn’t even exist.
I hissed and even I was jaded from this troubled day I took my last energy to speed up so I finally caught up to him.
Out of breath I placed myself in front of him to block his way. I felt like breaking down every moment but I concentrated on his eyes for now to distract myself from falling down.
“You’re in my way.” He only mumbled coldly, his hands in his trouser pockets. “Tz. Finally, you notice me.” I took a deep and loud breath and my heart pounded up to my brain, giving me a headache.
He took a step left but I took a step as well and he raised an eyebrow. “Move it.” I shook my head, extended my arms to the side. He raised his eyebrow and rolled his eyes annoyed.
“So you know how frustrating it is to run after someone all the time, right? Lesson finished, now get a life.” He looked straight in my eyes and I knew what he was up to. I just faked a smile “Yes, it’s quiet exhausting! I will remember it from now on.” He rolled his eyes again and I feared he would now push me away or something. “You know you can be really annoying? What do you want, huh?” My arms sink down and looked to the ground. He was right. What do I even want here? I didn’t have an answer really.

(A/N For the "feeling" you hav to listen to "I'll be good" now TToTT'[video down])
I heard him walking on but I didn’t want to be alone now and grabbed his wrist, not turning around, just held it. I bit my lip. Not only alone but I was scared too.
Deep inside I knew Jongin is my friend but I was scared. Terrified. From my deepest inner to the outside. I felt horrible.
I hate to be alone in moments like this. There was no Chanyeol who will hug me, ruffle my hair and say that everything will be okay. No Baekhyun to be there for me and patting my head. And now Kris will leave me alone too in the dark. “I’m scared.” I hissed embarressed and felt tears in my eyes.
With no word he pulled me towards him and turned me around so I landed in his arms. “Of course you are.” I hid my blushed face in my hands and leaned against his chest, tried hard not to cry out loud. His arm laid around me and the other patted my head. He held me tight but his touch was careful like he was afraid I was about to break every next moment. “Why am I doing everything so wrong? Why am I like this to make everything the worse? I don’t want to be scared. What should I do?” I mumbled desperately into his shirt and my shoulders moved from the sobs I tried to gulp down.

At first my mind told me to go away but my body refused to do so and I only heard my whistle-blowing heartbeat, trying to hit him through my chest for confusing me like this. I tried to calm myself down while inhale when he did, matching my breaths to his until we were contemporary. I didn’t know how long we stood there but after a while I really felt better, except my heart which was still racing in marathon speed. But somehow I felt safe. “Thanks for comfort me. I'm such a burden, I'm sorry for it.” my voice broke. He just nodded. After a long silence and almost getting sleepy in his embrace I raised my voice to break the awkward silence.
“You know how Baekhyun always called me?” I said while wiping away tears that didn’t even have shown up. I was out of water or something, anyway I felt like wiping over my face. “He always calls me trouble maker.” I laughed sarcastically. I didn’t even know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter