Falling (for you)

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyomi.” Kris gasped behind me and I turned around in surprise. Almost on his knees, he looked exhausted and he breathed heavy. I couldn't express how my heart made a jump of release to see him but the same time I was worried about his bad condition. He looked up to me with dark eyes and tried to stand up straight. How did he know where I am? Why is he appearing all of a sudden next to me? There were so many questions at once in my mind but I could only whisper shortly his name and blinked a few times to be sure it was not a mirage. I forgot for a second where I was because I was shocked from his appearance. He looked strange but I needed some seconds until I saw it “Your hair.” I gasped and jumped one step behind against the wall. It had the almost same hair color like the girl that disappeared just seconds ago. I didn’t trust anything in here because maybe I was the one thinking about him now in my miserable situation and wished he would save me. But it couldn’t be him, right? Is this just an illusion? I turned around to pushed against the nearer coming walls but it was all useless strain and I hit the wall frustrated.
“What the hell are you doing there!? We need to get out of here.” He sounded confused yet almost angry and grabbed my hand but I pushed him away.
“You’re not real. I don't have time for illusions!” I observed him from head to toe to be sure I was right. I noticed red imprints around his neck like someone had choked him and his hand was bruised. “Hyomi I’m serious. Do you wanna die here?” he asked pushy but I still hesitated. Now the walls were only a meter away. “Here-“ he grabbed my hand again and this time he put it on his heart and I felt his heart beat pounding nervously. “An illusion won’t have a heart beat so trust me, please.”

Before I could only agree with a nod he already picked me up and carried me on his arms bridal style. I smelled a decent touch of smoke and fire from his shirt and looked up to him. If he’s real, what had happened to him then?! Who did this to you? He jumped up and flew over the labyrinth and just millimeters beneath us the walls crashed against each other. I would now be as flat as a pancake if he didn’t save me and that thought made me cringe in fear. From my sudden move Kris hissed in pain because of his bruised hand and I shrieked when he suddenly dropped me and I fell. Short of the ground he got me again and we landed quiet ruggedly on the ground. On my knees, I looked up and Kris just sat right in front of me, groaned frustrated about the bumpy landing. My breath stopped for a moment and I gasped for air once and twice until I breathed normally again “T-That was so close. So close." I wiped my tears out of my face and my sweaty hands on my jeans and tried to calm down again. With release from that fear I fell round his neck “I thought I had to die there!” I cried into his chest but they were tears of delight mixed up with the rest of fear. Now that I was in his arms I felt safe. My heart was crazily jumping in my chest but this moment I just felt secure because of him. Why am I acting like this? Am I suddenly falling for you, Kris? I wonder what are you thinking right now. Do you feel the same?
When I let go embarrassed his face was full with surprise and he shook his head and exhaled loudly “How you dare to call me an illusion, Hyomi!” he chuckled bitter and I ducked my head in embarrassment. "I'm really sorry." I smiled a bit and looked around.The sun was still shining and the birds in the trees sang their songs like nothing ever did happen. It calmed me down a bit, for a second.

“Are you alright?” I heard Tao and looked up as he jogged over and with him Luhan and Xiumin. “Hyomi, what happened? We heard your screams. But when we followed the path there was a wall of stone. It really scared me, I never saw that happening before!” Xiumin explained with wild hand gestures and Luhan tried to calm him down. “It’s okay, Xiumin, she’s fine.” And looked then to me and kneed down “Can you stand up?” he asked carefully but I wanted to sit down for a while because my knees were still too shaky for this moment, so I shook my head and tried to explain the situation.
“I-I was trapped and suddenly the walls were moving. I imagined how they slowly creep near. I really thought I would die there.”

Tao’s eyes watching me gave me that obvious hint he couldn’t believe what I just did and maybe he thought I was crazy for doing this. I frowned and felt really offended “It wasn’t like I did this in purpose! I…it was her. There was a girl…from my dreams.She followed me in my dreams and suddenly she stood right in front of me! She has white hair and she was really angry. It was like her thoughts were mine and so it happened that I felt like being trapped. I couldn't escape that tjought. It’s like I say “Don’t think of a piece of cake.””
Xiumin and Tao wrinkles their forehead's in synch, speaking with one mouths. “Why cake?” and also Kris looked at me like I told a bad joke. I pointed to my head “Because the moment I say cake you will imagine one, whether I say you shouldn’t do it! It’s just happening, you can’t do anything against.” With a big sigh I tried to stand up and Luhan helped me while Kris handled to stand up as well. I looked at him and now the three others turned their heads as well.
“Wow, Kris, look at you!” Luhan said wondering and I stepped forward to take Kris’ bruised hand carefully in mine and he accepted that touch so I could observe it.  “Kris that seems painful. I think your hand is broken. Where were you that this happened? I tried to find you after that fever but you came back with the worse. You made me worried.” I looked up and he avoided my eyes when I realized my words I blushed and mentally hit my head.
Oh don't speak, pabo! I'm so embarrassing! “I-I just ho-ped you would feel better. But I see…” He took his hand back and mumbled stubborn “Lay can fix this. It’s nothing.” I saw him looking at Tao and they exchanged some looks before he looked at me again, his eyes pierced me and I didn’t know if he was angry or something else.

“Hyomi, you need to go back as soon as possible.” Kris tried to speak calm but I caught something in his voice which sounded afraid. From all things, I think Kris could fit his personality I never expected that he ever could feel anything near fear. This made me questioning about my own fear which now grew rapidly the longer I looked at him. “K-Kris.” I started but cleared my throat before going on speaking. When I looked around for a moment everything around us has stopped. There was a butterfly near us in the air but his move stopped. I also didn’t hear the birds anymore. My head turned around and really, time stood still. "What's happening here, Kris?" he grabbed my wrist and dragged me away. I looked back and saw Xiumin and Luhan still standing there like statues and waited for an explanation. Their movement just frozen and Tao, all of a sudden, disappeared. I looked back to the front to tell Kris but it seemed like he didn’t even cared.
Or does he know? What is his plan? He walked way too fast for my feet to follow so I trembled with holding up to him. “Kris, what are you doing? Who is she to make you feel anxious? And if she can make you feel so…what should I feel than instead?” he looked back to me and raised his eyebrow, didn’t dare to stop for a second and walked on.

"What do you mean what you should feel instead?" I blushed a bit and was glad he didn’t see my face now and the words just flew out of my mouth
"I mean..it always seemed like nothing on this world could scare you but all of a sudden you act like this. Like really. I feel like I should die in fear if you act like this!” He stopped and I immediately bumped into his back of surprise. I looked up and he stared just right in front. The world around us was still paused and I was scared he frozen in time as well! I was really scared but he suddenly looked down on me, gazing through me like he didn't even saw me.
“You dare to say something like that, do you?!” he snorted and his hand went through his white hair but he jerked as he not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter