Masquerade Ball Pt. I - My only wish for tonight is you

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris’ Pov.
It has been three days. Three days since I held her lifeless body in my arms, her badly injured body caused by my action, my mistake. I just had seen Hyomi running into Delilah, I had no idea how she could be there that fast but before I could stop myself I heard her all shattering scream, the same moment my attack should hit my sister to let her go from Chanyeol - not Hyomi. But it failed her, only because Hyomi threw herself in front of Chanyeol to protect him. My attack hit the wrong aim and Delilah got pushed down by the force of Hyomi’s body fell toward her. The white snow turned red in seconds and Delilah only whispered “You killed her.”  the same moment Chanyeol was screaming the same but to her. Everything was on fire, the world turned into flames as Chanyeol stood up like the rising phoenix, his anger breaking out in his power which destroyed everything around. Delilah pushed Hyomi from herself with a groan and I gasped in shock, seeing the blade had hurt not Hyomi but Delilah. She rolled to the side, to face Hyomi and a heavy sigh escaped her. “I will end what I started. I will. Don’t think it’s over, Hyomi. It’s not your victory.” With shivering fingers she stretched out her hand to Hyomi’s hair out of her face. “You’re beautiful when you sleep. Sleep a little longer.” Her hands fell to the ground and with a last sigh she closed her eyes. A wild storm circled around them and I hid my face from the cold air and couldn’t see right through. Suddenly everything was silent – deadly silent. Delilah was literally gone with the wind and Hyomi still lied in the snow, unconsciously. I plunged down to Hyomi, holding her cold body in my arms, yelling at her to wake up but I didn't even hear her breathing. I tried to take her pulse when this moment Chanyeol collapsed and her heart stopped beating. It was deadly silent.
I lost her when I didn’t even have the chance to ever call her mine. To think I keep her safe if she would stay away from me was the biggest mistake. I shouldn’t leave her for a minute, shouldn’t let her go for a second, no second should have thought about pushing her away from me. In the end I ran after her like I imagined, held her in my arms, but she didn’t cry and she wasn’t angry. Because it was too late.

“Kris it’s time.” Tao says behind me and brings me back from the constantly recurring flashback and I turn around to look at him, next to him stands Chanyeol, his sad eyes focused on Hyomi. In their black suit with his dark eye bags he looks like it is already time for a funeral. I want badly just rip down my own suit to get that thought out of my head. We’re all dressed like it is our day to say goodbye. I stand up and walk to her bed. She looks like she’s only sleeping. Like sleeping beauty. Not dead, only sleeping. The more Chanyeol was awake and feels recovering the more I have the thought she will not wake up again. It was like she took all pain, all struggle from Chanyeol once she had closed her eyes and tries to fight against it now by her own. Chanyeol said he feels her fighting against something that holds her into sleep, giving him headache but at least he was awake. And if he is there must be hope for her to wake up, too. No other option was allowed. At least hoping was all I'm able to do. It has been only three days - she will wake up soon. She needs to.The little colorful sparks around are reflecting the whole room and dancing on her soft skin. “Wake up soon.” I bend down to kiss her forehead and her cheek. “It’s my only wish for my birthday.” I straighten my body and Tao pats my back “Don’t give her up already, that would be unfair. She’s a fighter.” We walk outside and put on our ball masks. A mask I wish I would never ever put down again. Because hiding my feelings is never again an option. She changed me, broke my inner walls and it's all too late to take back my heart which belongs to her forever.

~~~~~~~~~~
Author’s Pov.
Twelve masked young man standing in front of the masked crowd in the huge ball room. The golden chandeliers filling the room with golden shining to every side, high windows to one side with long red velvet curtains letting in the silver night shining of the moon. Everything in this ball room looks like taken out of a picture-perfect painting, even the people, dressed up in long colorful dresses and tuxedos were giving the appearance of a fest nobody could ever dream of. Festive music and the noise of people in conversations filled the room, until one light sound of careful clinking against fragile glass announces the opening speech and everyone is looking up to the small tribune with the twelve sitting in their chairs and waiting for him to raise his voice. Kris is staying in front, raising his glass as he got everyone's attention and raised his voice “My dear friends, I’m really thankful you all came today to celebrate this special day with me. It’s a tradition to celebrate our birthdays with a grand masquerade ball and I’m also really pleased I can share this tradition with my friends, old and new. Please enjoy the ball and have a beautiful night.” Applause filled the room and he smiles and sounds sincerely, but his inside is the extreme opposite. Only training to control his feelings for yeas makes it possible to speak out loud these words which make him feel sick inside. Because he is not thankful, he doesn’t want to celebrate and the least he wants to call this day special. Chanyeol sheds tears of anger that Kris can speak out such words in the presence of all, when he doesn’t know how Kris was hard trying to not break away. If he really has feelings for Hyomi he can’t speak out what he said. No. Chanyeol thinks painfully and wishes just to go back in time to save Hyomi.

It was his fault she lays in a strange kind of coma, sleeping for forever, only awake to the power of all twelve. "It's the only way. In this state she's vulnerable for every evil because within her sleep she's completely defenseless. I can tell by her cold temperature it has to do with what Delilah had said. But I'm not sure if this is caused by her...or Kris." Lay said and Chanyeol was close enough to let feel Kris how angry he was. We gave up our powers to keep her alive but it wasn’t enough to wake her up again. Twelve powers: Time, Teleport, Lightning, Healing, Wind, Water, Frost, Earth, Telekinesis, Light, Fire and Flight. All twelve stay in front of the crowd, the royals of Lost Planet. The gifted twelve sons of the great dragon and the phoenix who had created Earth and Lost Planet. It needed a lot of explanations until they all understood it. Days and nights they stayed awake for Hyomi and to understand it all.

Everyone has a great time, you hear music and watch everybody dancing, heard laughing and glasses clinking to the celebrating. But the twelve all keep their masks on to hide their sadness. As soon as the ball started they’re all pretty busy because it’s the first time to see all twelves together. Everybody wants to know the new six and they tried to distract themselves with talking and dancing with the curious strangers around.
The most awkward moment for Baekhyun was when he was dancing with a stranger and she introduced her as Taeyeon but she didn't managed to bring him to other thoughts than thinking about his sister.

“Meeting your sister for the first time was quite painful.” She laughs and Baekhyun was first slightly dumbfounded until she explained “I’m proud I can say I’m the werewolves, Hyomi managed to hold back to hurt her. Isn’t that funny? And now I finally meet her brother. It’s really an honor. Are you enjoying Lost Planet until now? I really love these big parties they always made to celebrate their brithdays. I'm just celebrating small with my pack but it's beautiful too, you know?” Taeyeon is excitedly speaking like this but hearing his sister’s name makes Baekhyun gulp hard and he stops the dance and excuses himself, leaving Taeyeon alone. She's seriously disappointed and sad that she had might said something wrong when a comforting hand touches her shoulder. “Did something happen, lover girl?” Tiffany and Seohyun stand next to her as they had seen Baekhyun turning away and left their friend like this. “I don’t really know. I guess, I said something wrong or maybe I scared him with blabbering.” she pouts and slouches her shoulders down. Tiffany chuckles slightly and pats her head “Don’t be sad, maybe he just needed some time. Leeteuk told me Kris had told him Hyomi doesn’t feel well so maybe he’s just looking for her. Let’s get you a new dance partner, hm? There are so many handsome guys here.” Tiffany is already looking out for someone when Taeyeon’s eyes were still fixed where she saw Baekhyun leaving. “Maybe, you’re right.”

Meanwhile, Jongin who stands on the side, watching the party with deeply mixed feelings,  is quite not amused to see the vampires are invited too. He just notices how Krystal is walking now directly over to him and he groans frustrated. He doesn’t know where that feeling comes from but he know it was her. Nana on his shoulder stands up and makes some kicks in the air “I will fight her. If she will try to bite you again I will hurt her!” Jongin glances to her with a broke smile “Can you tell me please why you never leave my side, Nana? I like your accompany but all your friends are here too, right?” he looks up where the fairies celebrate their own ball, dancing and turning in the air and Nana laughs. “That’s why I sit here. They admire me because I’m so brave! I’m the bravest! I’m friend with vampires.” This moment Krystal stops right in front of Jongin and gives him a gummy vampire teeth showing smile, Nana shrieks up and flies away. Jongin has al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter