Books and secrets

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked at my watch the 100th time again but it was still the same hour - 2 am. My eyes were wide open and I looked at the wall since hours. In my mind there were 100 things at once and I jumped from one thought to another. They didn't even linked within. How could that be I couldn’t fall asleep? I rolled from the right to the left back again to the right. No position felt comfortable enough to get me away to dreamland. I also tried to sleep while sitting. On the floor. On my chair. Nothing worked. The pattern sound of rain against my window always relaxing me but now it made me kinda nervous. 

It’s now three days ago since I came back. Since three days now I couldn’t really close my eyes at night. The last three days were awkward. I wasn’t a single minute alone. In school, at home, in my free time. Their eyes carefully watching over me and I can’t blame them anyway. I acted like I didn’t notice their observing behavior.
Baekhyun was every evening excited to watch any movie with me and we two spent time together in front of the TV. If I wanted to go shopping he went with me as well, leaving a school project by its side. Chanyeol skipped his free time to go with me to library, Jongin wanted me to watch over his dance practice and yesterday Sehun was inviting me to buy him bubble tea…yeah this way. I can’t believe I actually bought him this one!  But I accepted it all since I wanted to avoid any way they could worry about again. At least none asked again where I disappeared or anything like this. I hoped as well they just forget it quickly and I wouldn’t do it again.
But anyway I need an idea for explaining. I couldn’t tell them the truth of course. Besides, they wouldn’t believe me!
The mirror disappeared, right? No need for worries! I just don’t go there again. It’s easy. It just was an accident.  I turned around and think awhile for an excuse. I will never see them again. I grabbed a pillow and hugged it. Why does this made me feel sad anyway? Like Luhan said...and Kris too…it’s dangerous there. Maybe they’re happy I’m not there anymore. I was just troubling around. 

Frustrated I stood up and went downstairs to get a glass of water. It was dark so I lighted up every room until I reached the kitchen.
After I get myself some refreshing water I sat at the kitchen table and pouted. Awake like on caffeine. I sighed and laid my head on the table and watching the little bubbles in the glass rising up to the surface. It suddenly reminded me of drowning in the river. I wonder how they’re doing right now and if they’re okay.
The last thing was Kris sending me away. I wonder if he knew there was a portal in the forest. Why else did he let me alone and said I should run, I mean, I had no idea -  I was totally lost. But maybe he just did it for my savety. But thinking about him and that he mid care for me felt strange. Why then he acted so cold? He has a really confusing personality. “What? You think I can’t apologize?” I tried to mimic his dark face.  Deepen my voice and pushed my eyebrow with my fingers down to made an evil look. Ah really he’s so tough! I shook my head while caught myself smiling and slapped my cheeks in embarrassment
“Aish I think I would be annoyed from myself as well!”

I noticed a silhouette out of my eye side watching me. With a startled shriek I hopped back on my chair and with loud noise I landed on the floor as the chair went backwards and dumped on the floor. “Baeki!!” Baekhyun stood in the door with crossed arms giving me a really puzzled face. ”What the heck are you doing?” he came over helped me up and placed the seat at his place again. He only had a t-shirt and his boxers on and his hair was a mess. He looked like someone threw him out of the bed. “Oppa, why are you awake?” I wiped my hair out of my face and looked at him. “I leave that question to you, dongsaeng. What are you doing? It’s 2 am!” With no other idea I pointed to the water glass. “Ehm…Watching bubbles in my glass?” I smiled innocently. Let’s hope he didn’t hear me talking to myself. “I’m sorry but I couldn’t fall asleep. Did I wake you up?” He raised an eyebrow and grined “nearly the whole house is shining like a supernova.” He his hands over his face and yawned sonorously. “I’m sorry. I try to sleep now, okay? And you too.” He took my glass and drank it out.
“It’s okay. Just get some sleep. I’m waking you up tomorrow again, okay?” He put the glass in the sink and walked then out of the kitchen “Ya~ that was actually my glass.” I curled my lips and followed him upstaires. At his room door he turned around again and smiled like nothing happend. “Cha!”

To be honest I didn’t close my eyes for a second.At 6 am I finally got out of my bed and put the books aside I was reading the last hours.

~Later~
I sat in history class and Chanyeol was doodling Tic Tack Toes over his paper tried to win against Jongin. I scrabbled on your own paper senselessly around as well. Today was so boring! I looked on your paper and took your paper and immediately scrunched it up. Chanyeol looked at me surprised and your teacher as well.
“Miss Byun. Why did you scrunch up your writing?” I looked up and blushed “Ehm…Just a silly mistake. I’m starting it new.” I stuffed that paper back in my backpack. I felt hot and uneasy, wiping my sweaty hands off on my jeans. That was close. So close.

At break I looked around and saw Yuri looking at Sehun again. Suddenly I had an idea. “We meet at lunch, okay?” I said to Chanyeol and then walked straight to Yuri.
I felt his eyes on me and this made me kinda nervous. “Yuriya. Can I talk to you for a second?” I gave her a warm smile like good friends did. She looked surprised but she nodded and I went outside the classroom with her. “So to come back to your Sehun thing…” “Sehun?” a smile appeared on her face the moment she heard his name. Does she maybe really love him? 
“I know what you want. And I have an idea but you have to help me as well.” She looked at me with an innocent face. Actually she was really beautiful. “I don’t know what you mean?” I sighed. “I’m a good friend of Sehun, right?” She gave me a nod. “Yes I know. Everybody knows. What kind of girls he likes? I don’t know how to act in front of him. But I really like him…so much.” Yuri gave me a shy smile. “He likes nice people so I don’t know if you would fit together actually.” She made big eyes. “What? I am nice how can you jugde me so easily?” I crossed my arms in front of my body making some distance “I heard your gossiping about me every time? I know but I don’t really care.” She took a step back. “I may apologize for this. It was rude. I was just….maybe jealous.” I shrugged my shoulders like it didn't bother me “I’m not resentful. But let’s get back. Maybe I’m able to say Sehun you’re really a nice person. Maybe he will go out with you for one day. Not a promise but I think I’m able to get you a date.” I pointed ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter