Field of Dreams

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris Pov.
I leaned back against the bench and looked around in the small park. It was a sunny summer day and I felt the warmth of the afternoon sun on my skin. I had made the biggest mistake, following Hyomi and now I was trapped. I was lost. “Ya. Kris, what do I see on your face? Are you may be worried about me?” Hyomi, with two dish of ice cream, stood in front of me with her eyes full of joy but she looked at me confused now and I closed my eyes “No I’m not. Why should I worry about you?” Even denying didn’t let me escape from here. The problem was myself. I didn’t even want to leave and that's why I couldn't escape. When I opened my eyes again she was was still there, now looking sad. We stood in the room under the library in front of the portal “Why are you always so cruel?” I sighed annoyed and imagined her more happy, how she would be if she wasn’t sad because of me. The surrounding changed again and now she danced happily around, her dress flying with her as she turned around herself, delighted and enjoying the beautiful weather and it made me smile. I let the illusion come over me like a drunken man in love.

How long have I’ve been here now? Hours? Days? I couldn’t remember. The sun was always shining,because Hyomi was always there. I’m trapped in a dream.
She rushed back to me and tried to grab my hand. “Come, Kris let’s dance. You hear the birds? They’re singing just for us.” I stood up, placed myself in front of her and looked down to the small girl that troubled my heart so bad in front of me. I need to stop this! I'm only wasting time.
“Hyomi.” I softly whispered and she looked up, with her eyes, which looked so often surprised and wondering but they always looked honest.
“You’re just an illusion. You’re not real.” I said and saw how her body slowly got dizzy, transparent with out-speaking the truth. I repeated the sentence over and over again. “No, I’m real! Don’t say this to me.” She cried now but I had to be stubborn. If I want to leave the Field of Dreams, I had to face the truth. I was long enough in this beautiful trap. The feeling, this had happened to me before rushed through my mind.
“You’re just an illusion. You’re not real.” I said while I hugged her, tried to imagine how it would feel to hold her in my arms for one last time. “No, Kris I’m real! Don’t act like I’m not existing!” Jieun cried in my arms but I had to face the truth. For days I was trapped in the Field of Dreams and I suffered not only from pain but I was tired, thirsty, hungry. Not leaving this place could mean I would die here and this triumph I couldn't leave to Delilah.
“You’re dead, Jieun.” I cried and when I opened my eyes, I was alone, surrounded by the high grass of the fields.

“Don’t push me away from you, Kris! I need you!” Hyomi begged but I turned around, running away from her, even my head screamed at me to stop. She screamed too, my name, to stop. I had hoped I could just run away from her and would get out of here but the surrounding didn’t change. I was still on Earth, how I imagined it would look like and I was still with Hyomi. The longer I was trapped here the more picture-perfect and realistic it seemed. But it wasn’t!
I slowed down my steps because I didn’t hear Hyomi following me anymore and bend down, my hand on my knees to catch my breath. When I looked on the floor I saw a crumpled-up paper on the floor and picked it up. When I looked at it, I first hardly could read the letter, because all lines were crossed out, but I had read my name so it made me curious about it and I started reading.


Kris,
How can you hurt me like this? Do you know what happened because of you? Do you know in what kind of situation I’m right now because of you? Yeah I’m blaming you and only you. Like you said, I’m a burden but the real burden is you. You burden my heart. It hurts and is confused because of you. Only you are the reason for all trouble I’m right into. I’m even more terrifying than you, than a dragon. I’m fierce.
Why do you have to kiss me? What do you mean you were testing me, huh? Having fun making a girl like me fall for you and then push her away like waste.
Still, I guess I love you.
YEAH I LOVE YOU!!!! You know I can’t sleep at night? I can’t concentrate in school? I’m doing things that are not even related to you and I’m constantly thinking about you. Why did you do this to me?

My first kiss shouldn’t be from you!! You stole my first kiss and throw it away like rubbish! My lips are precious! They were precious. You made them feel like a wasted part of myself. I want my first kiss back! Give me back that kiss! Palli Palli!
I will choke you until you’ll give me back that kiss! I’m not fearing you! You should fear me. You can feel lucky I don’t know how to come back or else you would be in great danger!

“You’re impatient. You’re obvious. You’re talking too much.”  Remember what you always called me? You said all those things to me but it’s my turn now!
I can tell you what you are to me!!!
You’re the most arrogant person I know and you’re so damn selfish, in your world there’s only you and that makes you dangerous for every girl with a fragile and innocent heart like me. You’re cruel to everyone who tries to come near you, you think you can lock your heart away to everybody and act like you don’t even have one, but I know it better! You can’t hide from me! I know how you really are, believe me, you can't hide from me!
You’re a mystery to me, like really, who are you and what are you doing to me? Can’t you just stop it?
You’re in my head all day, all night, every minute, every second. All the time there’s only you, Kris!
You’re the reason my heart beats faster thinking about you the same time I’m angry and hurt.
You’re the one I lost my heart to and the one who has changed me completely. Stop it!
You’re all my heart without even knowing it, you will never know about it.
You’re not here to hold me tight, with those arms I miss so bad
You pushed me away so cruel and without a gentle warning.
You plant a seed of hope inside of my heart at first
You destroyed the love when it was growing
You didn’t care about me for a second
You, I should hate for fooling me
You, who broke my heart
You, whom I really love
You really hurt
Me.
 

It was obviously Hyomi’s handwriting and from somewhere it looked familiar to me. I grabbed into my trouser pockets and grabbed the piece of paper someone had sent me. For a reason I had always carried it around with me
“A magical message arrived with sweet greetings from a stranger. XoXo” – it was from her. It was the same handwriting! The only difference was, that in the letter her hand writing gets poorer the more she wrote. It was bad written like she had problem holding her pen. It looked like she was totally drunk!

“Kris?” I heard her behind me and turned around. First I really didn’t recognize her. I just saw unicorns. Am I drunk!? When I looked closer I recognized her face and looked down on her. She had a pink pajama on, her top with little unicorns all over. I was totally run over by its look but I got serious when I saw how confused she looked up to me. “Where am I?” she asked wondering and looked at me and suddenly her eyes caught the paper in my hand. She screamed, jumped toward me and ripped off the paper out of my hands before I even could react. “Why why why!? Oh no, Kris! Did you read that!?” she waved the paper in her hands in front of my face and looked with wide curious eyes to me. I was really confused. What kind of imagination was this now? “Kris! Answer me! Did you read this??” she pushed me and I got a real shock now and grabbed her hand. “Why can you touch me like this!?” I asked back and dropped open. “WHAAAAATH!?” she was totally perplexed and I let her hand go. “Kris, are you crazy?” she turned away from me and mumbled to herself “What kind of crazy dream is this? Why I’m dreaming such a crap right now?” “Ya! Hyomi, you are not real, just go, please!” I begged her and now she looked angry, instead of sad. What did I do wrong this time?

“I should go!? Excuse me, but this is my dream! Can’t you leave? Can’t you just disappear because I'm really tired of dreaming about you. All night I need hours to finally fall asleep and as soon as I’m sleeping I start dreaming of you! Don’t you know how absolutely annoying this is when you actually try to forgot somebody? I tried hard Kris, believe me I tried so hard to forget you. I tried to do exactly what you told me. I tried to erase everything from my heart, tried to forget everything but…I can’t! I really can’t! And now you tell me to leave my own dream. You are really too much!” She kneeled down, carried her face in her hands and cried. I was irritated.
I don’t fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter