It's still a dark night

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The night before~

~~~~~~~~~~
Kai’s Pov

Have you seen in the mirror once? Look in the mirror and ask yourself who you are to not only touch her like that but also nearly killed her.
I bit my lower lip and tasted the blood and the pain was back. I looked at the ground and light red drops landed on the ground but disappeared as the water washed it away.
From time to time, whenever you see, smell, taste or even only think of blood it will take control over you. Just like now... Those stupid eyeteeth.
With shaky hands I touched one with my fingers. I stepped out of the shower and dressed up and sat down on the bed for a while. Water drops felt down from my hair on my tshirt. But it didn't bother me. I can’t believe what just had happened.
I had been at Joonmyun's place and when I had left, I had seen someone who just looked exactly like Hyomi, rushing in the park. I had wanted to be on the safe side, it's not her, walking around alone so I had followed her as she had entered a really scary looking house.
I was sure it couldn't be her but I still had followed the girl into the house. There has been a really strange feeling around this house. Like a soft vibration flew through the whole area around this house, shaking you up to be aware. Like something was in the air there. Something fishy. Something strange. Something…mysterious.
I just had seen how that girl suddenly disappeared. No, I have to correct myself - she had jumped through the wall and then disappeared. I had heard Hyomi’s scream and changing my mind it must have been her…I had jumped right after. I couldn't remember what happened after. Just everything had went black. I had woked up in a blind alley somewhere nowhere.

I had asked everybody I had seen about Hyomi but there had been nobody who could had helped me. Until there had been this boy, Taemin, who had said he had seen Hyomi just a minute ago. I had trusted him, had followed him but this had been the mistake. He had surprised me and I had woked up again in that dark room with those vampires around.
HOW SHOULD I HAD KNOWN VAMPIRE REALLY EXIST!?  I hit the wall and left a crack in the wall. Like how a cat plays with a mouse before killing, that’s how they acted. “You’re not a dessert, you’re only an appetizer. Cute little Jongin, please be in more pain.”
The pain after the bite had been indescribable. Like someone burned me all alive, like petrol on fire was flowing through my veins to burn myself. It was hot but I felt like freezing from pain. I didn’t notic anything around me anymore. There was just me and pain. And then I had heard Hyomi’s scream again.
Chaos. A knife around . I had tried to helped her and then a bright light. The pain had been always there. A voice again. Yoona? Or was it Hyomi?
I had thought a lot about Yoona and if I would ever see her again. What happened to Hyomi? I think, I had heard her crying. Maybe she had thought I was already dead. Little stars had flew around. Darkness. I really had thought I died but there had been so many annoying sounds around me. But the pain had rushed through my ears and there had been this scream all the time. It had been really annoying. But the more I had tried to stop it it had got louder. Who was screaming crazily? Maybe it had been me. Somehow the pain had got slighter. Finally, I had drifted away into a recovering sleep with a strange dream.

The dream I had, was crazy…Hyomi held her bare neck to my side…like you would present a meal. I couldn’t held myself back…what did she wanted to aim? Showing me her bare neck like this! But I wasn’t dreaming…
I had heard her heart beat all over the room, like the walls echoed the sound of her heart back to me. Her blood was rushing through her veins with the sound of a strong river. It was crazy. The pain was back again, filling my whole body and the fire was back. Blood…blood was all I could think of. I know I had bit her but back this moment it had felt like I watched a movie from far away and that I am not the person - I’m the one who's watching. I had nearly killed her. She had tried to scream and had yelled “He'll kill me!” all over again even I had covered . It was strange. How could she still talk to me? He’s going to kill me! I’ll die!
I punched the wall again – another crack. It’s just fair. I’m deeply sorry Jongin.…..
I had been so confused that I had let go for a second and had felt the wall hit me the next moment. I had wanted more, needed more blood. To survive. Survive and blood had been all in my mind. I didn’t even had seen the person right in front of me just had looked back to Hyomi. I had seen her white shirt blood-dropped and her hand she had held against the wholes I pierced in my teeth had been red from the blood. The burning inside me had grown stronger again. But I had been held back from this guy, now I know it was Kris , saying me to calm myself down or he would kill me. Maybe he should have done.

When I walked outside, there was just silence. But I listened more carefully and could hear a heart beat in the room behind the door. It was Hyomi’s heart beat for sure. The new sensible senses made me feel awkward. Hyomi sees still her friend like she ever knew before in you. She won’t think twice about coming near you because she always did. Kris was right, it’s up to me to avoid all people around me. I walked outside to meet him there. I just had to follow my instincts to find him, and finally saw him, outside on the stairs.
“Kris.” He turned around and I saw how his eyes first had to focus in the dark to see me, in comparison I saw him clear like in daylight.
“I don’t know everything about vampires but believe me I know how to kill one.” I was pissed. Why does he say this all the time? If he wanted to kill me, why didn't he do it if he had the chance to do? “Ya ya, can you leave this for a time? I don’t want to kill anybody.” He smirked provocative “I was just testing you. Looks like you’re still mentally stable.” I rolled my eyes and sat down on the stairs, looking up to the moon. It already hung low so the night was ending soon and a new day would break – and for me a totally new life. I looked down on my hands until I noticed something strange. I held my hand up against the moon light, wandering what that symbol on my hand could mean. “Kris. What exactly…” he already looked at me strangely and I stopped my words.

“I see, it was maybe useless to lock up my room.” he pointed to that symbol but I didn’t get at least a thing what he was up to. “Teleportation. How strange. I only read about it in books. But why you have it?” I looked perplexed because he spoke in riddles “Teleportation? I was the reason Hyomi and I escaped the vampire house like this? It was me?” Kris nodded an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter