Best friends

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyomi wake up we’ll be late“. When I heard him walking into my room I moaned and looked at my clock.
Yep! I will definitely be late today. Whatever! I turned around and closed my eyes again. "Just five more minutes!" Instead of let me get that little five more minutes of beautiful sleep he stole my blanket and I shivered. “Baekii I hate you~!”  I sit up and rubbed my eyes because the light was still too bright for me in the morning. It's always the same with Baeki! “Ppalli ppalli! Because of you we’ll come later and I can’t be late just because you are reading fairy tales all night long!” I blew up my cheeks frustrated when he went outside again.
Why can’t he go without me? For a big brother, he was way too caring. So I dressed up ppalli ppalli, stuffed my mouth with breakfast and then went to school with Baekhyun like every day. 
In school, we parted because he’s one class above me and I went to mine. I stood in front of the door, waiting for the right moment to get in. I sighed.
There will be no right moment because I'm already late, so…here we go!
....
“Ms. Byun you’re late again, as I can see!” My teacher put her hands to the hips giving you a cautionary look.
Not this gaze in the morning!
“I know, right? My brother kicks me out of the bed every time I want to stay in! That’s why I’m always late.” I raised my hands up in defense “Don’t blame me!” but the teacher just dart a you-better-sit-down-now glance at me and I quickly placed myself next to Chanyeol. “Good morning sleepy head.” He smiled bright all over his big ears. “Morning, Yeolli!” “I heard Baeki kicked you out again?” He was tickled of my morning appearance but I was just annoyed coming late to class on a monday morning. “Next time I kick his . Doesn’t he know you don’t wake up a poor girl in her sleep?” I placed my head on Chanyeol’s shoulder and make a pout mouth. He patted my head. “No worries. Next time I come with a bucket full of cold water.”
Yes – he's what I call my best friend. “I’m afraid you’ll do it for real, I swear!” He smirked and it just proofed my fear even more “Try it.” he shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention finally to the teacher.
He once cut my hair 5 cm because I said he has funny ears…okay that was in first class. I was cruel and he was evil. But never mind.

After the lesson, a girl named Yuri came to me. Not again. What is this day? “Hey Hyomi. I heard you overslept. Didn’t you sleep well?” I sighed.
I really was rid of her. Every day the same. Even I liked to become friends with a girl some time but jeez not this way. “Yuri I tell you. Non. Of. Your. Business! Please be more creative to get near your bias.” She snored and quickly turned around and walked to her friends just to start gossiping the next moment about me. That’s why I don’t have any girlfriends. They all tried to become friend with me only for the reason I'm the little Byun, hanging out all the time with god damn good-looking friends of Baekhyun. If I look at them, I only see dorky jerks. That made me smile because I know them and to be honest, they are jerks.
It’s not that I don’t see their good-looking skills and talents too, but they’ll be dorky jerks for me forever.
“What was that? She seemed nice to you and you kicked her off so easily. Do you hate girls?” Sehun raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms in front because he tried to make me feel guilty. “Sure. This day I’m friend with her and tomorrow she will not even remember my name.” I grabbed his arm. “She will run to you, holding you like this and scream: OPPA SARANGHAEYO! LET ME IN YOUR !!!” I grinned, but Sehun wasn’t amused a little. Poker face. “That’s not so funny.” I let go his hand and sit back on my place again. “Sadly, it’s true. I know Yuri. She’s gossiping behind my back and try to use me to get near you…because she loves you…r good looking face.” Sehun shook his head in misunderstood. “Can’t you try to look ugly just for a day? Common Sehun do it for me! I need a fangirl free day once a week!” I was making fun but although I meant it.
Chanyeol laughed loud. “She’s the cutest thing on earth if she doesn’t get her sleep, right? ” Sehun just rolled his eyes. “Right.”
“Sweet dreams again, Hyomi?” Chanyeol smiled, but I pressed my lips together as his voice got serious even the question sounded not like that.
He knew about my dreams.
Like every night I stood in this dark room, no light around me, but I can see everything clearly. A voice whispers my name over and over and even I'm scared I can’t do anything but follow. I cross the room until I reach its end and then stand in front of a wall and the nearer I get the more blurry it gets. Like the wall begins to move. If I stand right in front it seemed like a waterfall, like a mirror but I can’t see any reflections. Then a black shadow appeared and pulled me right into the mirror. The next moment I fell into nowhere. Awake. Every night the same. Following and falling.
Bam!
I came back as Jongin and Sehun were playing paper, rock, scissors and as Sehun lost the third time in a row he hit his table. “Ah ehm just the wall and me again.”  It seems years went by until I finally answered. “You’re always allowed to dream from your favorite oppa, okay?!”  He hugged me because he wants me to feel comfortable. He knew how scared I am from that dream. Because as silly as it seems, it feels so real! I'm always waking up breathless; like the air was taken out of my lungs completely. “Sure. I try” I formed a smile. I'm sure I looked like a freak with that grimaced face.

So at lunch I was also thinking about that dream. But Kyungsoo pulled me out of my second world. “What do you think about it, Hyomi?”
“She believes them all so don’t ask her, Kyungsoo, it's just a waste of time.” Baekhyun gave me a smile, but I had no idea what they were talking about. “Eehm…yes. You caugh t me. What was the question?” I looked around confused. “We talked today if fairy tales or legends could be real.” Joonmyun explained to me again. He's always so kind and patient. “What a fun class you are. We are just sleeping away of boredom” Jongin excited stuffed his mouth while looking to me to hear your answer. He looked like a cute chubby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter