Dawn is breaking

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What Tao had told me was like a release. Kris only pushed me away for keeping me safe and I was wrong at being mad at him. If he would have tried to explain it to me, I wouldn’t understand. I wouldn’t try to forgot him because if he told me he only wanted me to be safe I would feel even more attracted to him and try to get near him again, but this was too dangerous. Kris did the right thing and that’s why I couldn’t stay mad with him. My heart beat sped up only thinking about him and I really wanted to see him. See, there's the problem he already knew before me! I wanted to see him even he would have forbid it to me!
“How is this possible you know me better than me?” I sighed with a slight smile around my lips that warmed me up inside out.

We were up all night and Tao and I, who were the last two still awake, while everyone was lying around, sleeping, cuddling and snoring. We talked a lot about the resent happenings but all the time Tao was aware of his words, knowing we were not alone at all. Only with him now by my side I realized how carelessly I always had acted and wondered what I could have done better and if we would be now in a different situation.
“How did you manage to come to Earth?” I whispered silently as the others were already asleep around us but we were too lazy to go out somewhere else where Baekhyun wasn’t snoring that loud that from time to time Chen in his sleep loosely kicked the noisy snoring machine next to him. One half was lying on mattresses on the floor while the other half had stretched their long bodies on the sofa. What a mess! These dorks had left everything all over and were a mess themselves.

Sehun on the one half of the sofa cuddled Luhan’s arm, who was nearly falling down the sofa because Sehun took away almost all space. I had to held back my giggle, as well when I saw Lay sitting straight in the middle of Jongin and Kyungsoo on the other half of the sofa. He almost disappeared behind the many pillows covering him and Jongin and Kyungsoo had made themselves comfortable and had put their heads on the Lay's lap pillow from both sides. When Jongin had stretched his foot he had pushed Luhan back to Sehun and I wondered if he may would fall down if Jongin would put his foot away. Joonmyun was snuggling a pillow in the armchair, sleeping peacefully. On the floor on some mattresses Xiumin snuggled his pillow next to Chen. From Chen’s kick Baekhyun had already fell off the mattress but slept on like nothing had happened, under the table. I looked back, concentrating on my conversation with Tao, who still hesitated to tell me until he finally gave up, when I looked as long as necessary at him, piercing him with the most curious, cute eyes I could set on.

“Cici had heard strange noises coming from the room where Kris had hid the portal. She called us quickly and we went to look what it was. You wouldn’t believe it but when we had stepped near we saw you and everyone else in it. You screamed for help and we didn’t hesitate and told Cici to search for Kris while we’ll go first.” I was wide awake when Tao told me that Kris would be here soon too.
“Why wasn’t he with you all?” Tao ruffled his hair and sighed “He said he wanted to search by himself for answers. We really try to protect you from this person behind all evil that happened and Kris the most, you really need to believe.” He smiled at me encouragingly and pointed to my head, his face really serious now. I peered up to his finger on my forehead. “She’s still talking with you, right?” he asked and I nodded shortly, fumbling nervously with my fingers and stared at them to avoid his intense look on me. I felt how worried he was about this and I was once worried too, but I had to admit, I was used hearing someone talking with me inside of my head. I was used  getting laughed at or yelled. I wasn’t even surprised anymore – it became a habit.  “Sometimes.”  I said but understood Tao’s worried eyes, I saw so clearly under the small light of the candles I had placed around to give us some light. Quick shadows grew and shrank on his face as I sighed heavily. “Don’t let her get any influence on you. If you follow and believe what she’s telling, you will not only get yourself in trouble. She’s aiming with everything she’s doing, Hyomi, and she's using everyone like a figure in her weird play.” I nodded as he spoke out what I already had thought he wanted to point out and gulped hard, feeling extremely uncomfortable and my hands got sweaty. I felt really bad to not have noticed it before.

“What if I already did?” I finally admit and glanced up to Tao who looked at me with shock, frowning his head with worry. He didn't answered me for a while until he got near my face “Who ever this person is must be found before something happens.” Tao said with a calm and really clear voice and looked deep in my eyes, searching for the slightest reaction, not from me but from her. Who ever this person is? He doesn’t know yet? Kris didn’t tell him? He knows who I am! What? What are you talking about? I raised my eyebrow in wonder to her strong reaction and was really confused. “What is she saying?” Tao asked  and I opened my mouth already…Don’t tell him!
Don’t let her get any influence on you. “She’s wondering why you don’t know who she is. She asked if Kris didn’t tell you….about her, maybe? What is she referring to?Who is she!?” Stop asking! Tao smiled slightly or at least I thought because he covered his lips right then and I blinked quickly, ignoring any uprising thought of he may knowing it but hide it well enough for her and me not to notice. “I don’t know what she’s talking about. I don't know where she thinks I know her.” he mumbled under his hand and I repeated that sentence over and over inside my mind like an echo.
YA! OF COURSE YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!! DON’T PRETEND TO BE SO STUPID!!Don't act like I'm a nobody!! I hissed and touched my head as her screams physically hurt me and Tao asked if I’m okay. “She’s mad at you, I guess. And she doesn’t like that I’m telling you.” Stop now or Chanyeol will pay for it! Chanyeol!? I looked afraid and of course Tao asked for me to tell him. Dare it! Who are you!? You can’t hurt him. A scream. I heard him from far away and looked around scared. Stop it, please! Who are you? Go now or else... “Hyomi, tell me what is it?” One more word… I shook my head “Nothing. It’s nothing. I’ll try to sleep now. I’m really tired.” I said quickly to Tao and he told me good night while I already knew I wouldn’t sleep and have a good night at all.

The night was really exhausting and I still felt weak, small and lost. A hundred time I asked for her but she was all silent inside of my head. Instead, I had thought about her words and sometimes I imagined how I suddenly heard Chanyeol screaming and whimpering again. It made me go crazy but the more I tried to calm myself down the more I thought about Chanyeol and heard him over and over again. It hurt me to hear him like this, leaving scars on my heart with every scream I only imagined. The pictures from today rushed through my mind all the time but somehow I got inured to it. I felt extremely tired and my eyes were that heavy they always felt down but I was wide awake again when I couldn’t find rest with my mind. It was torture and I slowly thought to get deaf for everything around me. I couldn’t saw clear because my eyes were tearing up, I couldn’t trust my ears anymore, my tongue glued to my gums from the long time I didn’t spoke. More like pain this situation gave me, it was the feeling that something was wrong here. I felt like I missed something important. I grabbed out some books and senselessly paged through them without even reading them - just to do something. On my table lied the portal fragment and I placed it in my hands, turned it senselessly around. “What am I missing? There’s something. One little piece.” Delilah flashed through my mind, where I saw her with silver long hair, rushing quickly away from the window where she stood, waiting for me. On the sofa lied Chanyeol, unconsciously, his hands just moved as she pulled her strings, making me believe he was awake. Slowly all pieces fixed together, I saw it all. The girl with her icy blue eyes, who lead me through the portal, whom voice was inside my head all the time, who tortured me all the time. It was Delilah.  Against my will I laid my head on the table and fought against the urge to close my eyes as her sweet lullaby dragged me away to sleep.

Author’s Pov.
Jongin was the first one who woke up from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter