Spring's Forest

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next morning I woke up. The sun shone bright through the window and I looked around where I was. In front of the bed was a chair with towels and a simple blue dress.
I picked it up and went to the bathroom to my right. The shower was really refreshing and new clothes on me felt even more comfortable.
After I finished in bath I stuck my head out of the door in the corridor and found Chen sitting on a chair, sleeping.
Oh, wow was he all the time watching over my room? Did they really think I would escape and run away…somewhere?
He looked uncomfortable even his face was soft while sleeping. I didn’t want to wake him up so I carefully took light steps to the side. I wandered around the house and after every next end of a corridor there was another, and another. So many rooms! I took some steps downstairs until someone poked my shoulder from behind.
As I turned around, Chen was right behind me. “It seems like you haven’t noticed that you’ve been followed, right?” he gave me a gummy smile.
“Oh sorry Chen. Did I wake you up? I just wanted.” the rest of the sentence my stomach broke with a growl. I was starving and now maybe the whole house will know! Chen laughed. “Follow me you were almost on the right way.”
He opened a door for me and there were a smaller room compared to yesterday's dining room. Xiumin, Tao and Kris already sat there and ate. I bowed and said good morning and they waved happily at me. Everyone except Kris. He just once glanced at me and attended to his breakfast back. Maybe he wasn't a morning person.
After finished eating, I poked on the empty plate without saying anything. I wondered what Chanyeol did now. I didn’t come home yesterday. Baekhyun will be angry for sure.
I let out a big sigh. Tao cleared his throat and I saw Kris looking up to him and then to me. “Okay. I may should apologize for my behaving yesterday.” I looked with surprise at him. “What?! You think I can’t apologize?” “Kris!” Xiumin was warning him.“Yes yes. You may have a lot of questions.” I nodded. Kris raised an eyebrow as I didn’t add something. “I don’t know what I should ask... All I want is to go home.” I looked down to my plate. “You can’t go home.” Does this guy even have a soul?
“What do mean I can’t go? I came her one way so I go the same way, right?” I felt tears filling in my eyes but quickly wiped them away. “What he wanted to say is he doesn’t know…we all don’t know.” Tao saw my shocked face and added immediately that there must be for sure a way and that they will help me.
“Can you remember how you came here?” Kris sounded serious. “Of course I can. I was in that old house and there appeared a mirror which I felt in… I mean this sounds stupid but there were arms that had grabbed and pulled me in. And then woke up here.” I looked up and saw Tao and Kris exchanging some looks.
“You think this could be a portal?”
“But who opened it then? Who has the power to create a portal to another world?” Kris looked at me then. “A portal? If you’re talking about a portal which is linked to earth and lost planet –isn't it extremely difficult to set up? It needs immense amounts of energy. Over a long distance traveling to a destination out of the own world is also dangerous.” They all looked at me with surprise, even on Kris’ face. “For a human you know quiet well. Where did you all know that?”
I looked down on your tea cup and smiled. “I read it. Somewhere.” “Wow she’s smart girl!” Luhan seems excited.
“Using a portal on purpose but without knowing where you will end up again is not smart.” Kris looked to me again and I felt small and dumb.
“Anyway you’re not the first one who came here by accident…in addition that I don’t believe anymore that this happened accidentely.”
There was a creepy mood around the breakfast table. "What do you mean this happened before the last weeks?” I remembered Chen said something like this yesterday. “Since about two weeks there were humans found in our world.” I dropped my tea spoon and with a "cling" it droped on the table.
"What? And...where are they now?” Nobody wanted to answer.
“They’re all found dead.” I almost dropped my tea cup. “What do you mean…they’re dead?” I gulped. I really don’t want to believe this. Suddenly I remembered what Jongin had told. "Omo. There are students missing near my area! Could it be..." “All of them were found dead. Empty blooded.”
“Vampires?” I wonder if they really excist. But things here doesn’t look like its impossible. Xiumin gave me a nod.
“Xiumin found one of them in winters forest. The wolves are aware and downtown is in a flurry of excitement.” Luhan looked really depressed.
What a nice breakfast topic in the morning. My head was spinning.

After a long silence, Chen finally broke it. “Hyomi you look so sad. Don’t worry, we’ll find a way to bring you back home. I promise you, with us you’re safe, okay?"
I nodded. What more could I do anyway? I felt cold all over my body thinking about the missing, dead girls...
“So how about to show you around today?” Luhan brought me back to present and I looked to him.
“Let’s take her around the year’s forests!” "But not to winter's!" “What about spring's?” I looked outside the window and wondered what they were talking about.
“Guys….it’s summer isn’t it?” Chen laughed like I told a good joke “Of course it’s summer!” I pouted because I felt like said something stupid.
“What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter