Mirror into nowhere

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some days later I was on my way to the black house again. I just wanted to look at it before visiting the ahjumma. There was a story she hadn't finished and last night I couldn't close my eyes for a second because I wanted to know so badly the ending of the story. If there's something I hate the most, it's unfinished stories! Or interrupted ones either. I often read a book in one shot because I can't wait and want to know it all at once! Yeah~ such a curious nature! I looked at the big house uprising in front of me. It looked threatening even at day. What a ghost house!
“Are you afraid, girl with no manner?” Of course it was the little ahjumma.
I felt ghoose bumps on my arms because she scared me a little how she always appeared next to me without even noticing. I cleared my throat.
“I-I also have a name, actually.” She rised an eyebrow looking up to me “So is that so? And why didn’t you tell it to me? Because you have no manners.”
“Byun Hyomi-imnida.”  I made a slight bow and then looked up. She was already on her way to her house. “Aissh~ What’s that lady!”
I followed her again like last time and when I came in the table was already full of delicious food.
“Ahjumma you really didn’t have to-” “Sit down and eat so you are quiet.” I rolled my eyes.
I’m going to beef up when I’m visiting 3 more times. So I did as she said and took myself some black bean noodles.
The moment I began to chew Ajumma began to speak. “So where were we last time? Ah right. The treasure of the Phoenix.” She made a long pause and I waited patiently. Almost five damn minutes! Was she testing me? I was right before to say something as she finally broke the silence.
“Ya! Molla.”
“Molla? What do you mean, you don’t know?” I couldn't hide the disappointing in my voice. “Molla. It’s a secret. Nobody knows.” I sighed and closed my eyes for a second. I had a bad headache today and know I didn’t felt better.“Ahjumma. If you won’t tell me, why am I here then?” I opened one eye and observed her. She grinned at me secretly. “Don’t you know it by yourself, already?” What does she mean? I shook my head.
“I truly don’t know slightly what you mean.” She stood up and placed her hand on my head and tiled it in her direction. I wanted to ask her what she was doing there… “I’m reading your mind.” She said in a really creepy voice and I wanted to turn away but couldn’t move. I was kinda scared but just tried to breath regularly and waited. “It seems like your dreams are giving you a really bad time. Pitiful girl. It seems like you’re trapped in that room over and over again. Every night the same. Following and falling. Hm~ What could that mean? What do you think is calling you every night and let you end up, falling into the dark?” at the end she was only whispering the words. She sounded like she knew something.
“YA! Did you really read my mind!?” She finally opened her eyes and there was a wise sparkle in them. Her eyes looked young and sharp instead her body looked old. I had to gulp. “I can’t tell you.”  She crossed her arms. “I’m sorry I have maybe say already more than I’m allowed to.” I stood up because it was time to go. I wanted to go. At the door I turned around again. “Ahjumma! Do you believe the legends and fairy...” She answered immediently without even let me finished my sentence “Of course I do! They’re real!" She said it like I've said the sky isn’t blue but pink. I smiled. “And so they’re dangerous. You’re never allowed to go in the house! This is a warning. Even if you want to go, don't go!” With big eyes I nodded a few times too often. I don't know by myself that I want to go...
Her eyes narrowed and I feel kinda how she looked at me from head to toe, if she was reading my mind or not, until she pointed out a finger to you.
“Remember my words carefully - Once you got lost, you’ll get addicted to it.”

Maybe she knows more than she’s telling. What does she mean? "Once you got lost..."
"Nah~ that ahjumma is really good at telling stories and making girls like me scared. Tz." I pushed my thoughts to the side and walked towards Joonmyuns house because I knew the boys were meeting there again. Joonmyun’s mum opened and let me in. I slightly bowed and went then upstairs to the loft. I knocked the door before I entered. “Annyeong oppas.”
Sehun looked up first “Oh Hyomi it’s you. Why did you knock? You’re entering it every time without.” he smiled at me and I winked.
“I was scared I will disturb you guys at watching a o or something. Put away those dirty things a girl is here right now.”  I laughed. And them too.
“Finally you’re here now! I’m starving!” Jongin hugged his tummy and grinned. “Didn't you eat yet?” I was surprised. Actually those boys can never wait because of their never stilling hunger. “No. We waited extra-long for you. It’s almost 3pm, you know? Where were you?” Now - I really felt guilty.
“Ah. Yes. To be honest, I’ve already eaten.” I saw Chanyeols disappointed while surprised face, the same as Baekhyun and the other’s as well.
“With whom did you eat?” - The tone of a caring big brother. I blushed because I felt squeezed out like an orange prepared to be juice. “Nobody.”
I avoided to look at Chanyeol again because otherwise I will get cought. “Hmm. Well then you have to pay this time.”  Baekhyun stood up and they followed. Only Chanyeol didn’t look like he was amused about going out to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol’s Pov.

I really lost my appetite. Even more I wanted to know why Hyomi didn’t say anything to me. She left school immediatly after the last lesson and I just recognized that Baekhyun told her we would go to Joonmyun.
“Where is she going?” “She said she had to do some things before she can go. Maybe school project or something? But she will come afterwards. Let’s go.” “Do we have to wait with eating then? I’m already hungry.” Jongin pouted but Kyungsoo shook his head "We should wait. To apologize for yesterday." he added and Jongin moaned frustrated. I knew better than Baekhyun because there wasn’t any project!
"Nobody."
She lied. I saw the way she look in my eyes. The way she looked quickly to the right like she was searching for an answer and grabbed her braid to handle it while talking. She’s lying. She always does this when she is – what she normally does rarely. I glanced to her and she was looking back to me but then quickly looked down and grabbed her braid again. So where did you go, Hyomi? With whom where you eating instead of us?  She looked at the ends of her hair and twitched them. Despite I was confused I had to smile at her behavior. Even you're cute, why are you hiding your face from your best friend, huh? I sighed and ate frustrated my lunch she bought for me .

~~~~~~~~~

Hyomi’s Pov.
Chanyeol nea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter