Silence before the storm

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I really can’t believe you just bit a demon, Hyomi.” Lay shook his head and ordered me to lie on the sofa and I smirked “I guess I was really hungry.” I said weakly but Jongin snorted grumpy “Don’t make vampire jokes in front of a vampire!”. He still was sorry about his attack on Kyungsoo. Baekhyun bend his head worried over me “What’s happening now with her?” he asked while we watched how Lay secured my artery where the small black and blue mark was and turned my wrist in his hand “Look there.” He touched to the place the bruise was “It feels numb, right?” he asked and I wanted to nod when he already poked my skin with a small needle but only by the little stitch black blood came out and I screamed. If he wouldn’t hold me back, I might had jumped up but Lay was still calm and he explained “The blood that you had inside is like a parasite. Normally it’s spreading all over your body and it kills you.And it’s that powerful, it's blocking my power.“ I looked at the little wound and after some wipes it already turned normal red again. “It’s fascinating that it had only infected you that little.Normally you would already been dead after some minutes.” Lay mumbled and scratched his head. I sat up straight “What do you mean you wonder why I’m still alive, huh?” Lay shook his head heavily and put a patch on the small wound. “Don’t misunderstand! I just said that normally no human resist demon’s blood. But instead it seemed like your body tried to boil the invader out with fever and stopped it from spreading.” I rolled my eyes and lied back “It’s still extremely hot here, isn't it?”

We hadn't been outside on our way home when I had felt stranger with every step. It had been madly hot around me and when I had placed a foot in front the snow slowly had melted. That hot I was! If Xiumin wouldn’t had tried to cool my temperature down I might caught flames!
Lay’s hand laid on my burning head and I sighed happily as the fever fled while I heard Tao chuckle. “Baekhyun your little sister is really something. First she attacked werewolves and now bit a demon.” Baekhyun’s head swung toward me and I closed my eyes like I didn’t see him. “Hyomi!” he said warningly while Xiumin and Chen began to narrate everything that had happened in Lost Planet. “You’re driving me nuts!” Baekhyun ruffled his hair and I sat up when I already felt good again and poked my brother’s cheek. “But I’m still alive, right?” he looked at me grumpy and I slipped a bit aside and looked at my phone. No new calls. But a message.
It only needed some minutes and I stood up.

“I’ll go and search for Chanyeol.” I said but Baekhyun held my wrist and pushed me back while the others looked at me confused too. “No, you won’t go alone again!” I shook him off. “I’m fine, Zelo is picking me up. Meanwhile, you should go shopping because the fridge needed to be filled if we’re having so many guests.” I smiled and that moment a car horn blew and I promised him to be back quickly. I dressed up in my warm winter jacket and Baekhyun threw a scarf and gloves at me which I thankfully took even it was not necessary to throw them in my face!  I closed the door behind me and rushed quickly to the street where Zelo was already waiting. Until I got there, those few seconds I was from head to toe in snow. “Isn’t the weather crazy?” Zelo turned to me as I entered the car and smiled. “It’s crazy. Even Xiumin couldn’t stop the snow.” I shut up and avoided his gaze when he asked “What?” and he started the engine. "What's the emergency? Where should we search Chanyeol? What even happened?" Zelo asked while we were driving down the street when this moment my phone rang and I picked hastily up.

“Chanyeol, where-“ “Don’t call again.” He said coldly and I stopped. “W-what?” I was dumbfounded by his angry voice all of a sudden. I avoided Zelo’s confused face. “Where are you?” I asked and pretend like I didn’t hear him before “Not of your business. I’m busy right now.” He said shortly and I frowned “Listen. We were all worried. Do you even know what-“ “Chanyeol?”  I heard a familiar voice in the background and all blood vanished out of my face. Delilah?
“I’ll hang up. Just go back home. Don’t come.” “YA! I’m-“ but before I could end my sentence he had already hung up and I stared at my phone, totally confused if I had misheard it, it really sounded like Delilah in the background. Was he with her!? My heart beat fast. Where does he know I’m on my way there? I noticed how we were near the park where Delilah had proudly told how she lived here with her grandmother. She even had told the address.
“Stop stop stop here!” I said and the car stopped and I grabbed the door handle. “I just need to visit a friend shortly. Please drive carefully.” “You’re sure I shouldn’t accompany you? What's with Chanyeol!?” Zelo asked but I shook my head. “He said he's alright. Seeya.” I got out of the car quickly and began to run, searching for the address.

It was already getting late and I hurried up until I finally found the place and to my surprise, I arrived in front of the old ahjumma’s house!
You know what they said, curiosity killed the cat. “Right.” I said sarcastically and went over to the window and carefully looked inside but what I saw was making my heart stop for a moment. Oops. Are you hurt now? Does it hurt what you see? Busy, yeah? Another giggle.  How evil! This looks like you just came in the most bad moment. It’s tragic! I ducked on my knees, closed my eyes and covered my ears but she wouldn’t stop to tease me. I was hurt psychically but I felt my whole body in pain, straining every muscle until I might scream. You lost. Doesn’t it hurt? Doesn’t it hurt to feel so much pain? Aren’t you angry now?
“Stop it!” I yelled and jump up to run away. Do you know now how it feels to see how something so precious can get lost so easily? Do you feel the same as I felt? Don’t you want to hurt someone? The wind was so strong I couldn’t walk probably and my nose was already frozen, my body in cold pain. A thousand times my knees gave in and I landed on the ground, still crying from what I just saw. I had to gulp hard to not scream, the pain was almost unsustainable. I had never believed Chanyeol could do anything like this. Why her? Who is she? I felt like Chanyeol was not anyone I know anymore. I can’t remember having a best friend who is like this.

I stood up after a while and I was all over with snow, my legs were stubborn but I forced myself forward. But actually, I didn’t want to go home at all. What would it change? Nothing. I could stay here and die it wouldn’t change a thing. Do it! Drown in pain and hate! It wouldn’t change a thing. My tears frozen on my face and the wind slapped my cheeks until they burned. You’re just everyone’s toy to be pushed around, you're just a burden. I am nothing than a toy. He played with you! Don’t you hate him? I frowned but finally I agreed.  I hate Chanyeol to make me feel so. I hate how he said he loves me, how he kissed me and how my heart begun to fluster even I'm not able to feel really the same. I hate Chanyeol but even more I hate Delilah. Oh really? Go ahead. My anger was stronger than the storm and once I started to let hate invade my thoughts it was like a circle, one thought after another flashed through my mind.
I really wanted to rip off her head, wanted to get her nasty lips off Chanyeol. If I had the strength to kill her I would. If I had a change to end her life I would. That’s the feeling I’m talking about! I stormed into the house together with the icy cold wind, smashing the door and brought in the snow I shook off my body and ran upstairs to lock me inside my room. The door slammed this hard into its lock someone must be scared the house would fall apart from it. Once the door was closed I let out a scream, pulled off my jacket and threw my shoes through the room just because I couldn’t handle my feelings anymore. It was too much. I never felt so much anger inside of me and I felt like dying held it in any longer. Just let it out! Let out all hate and anger. I threw myself on the bed, still in the cold and wet clothes and yelled into my pillow over and over again.

What had happened to them was more than obvious. I saw it all. It was like they had placed themselves only for me that way to let me see them. Delilah in her white dress, her silver blonde hair behind her neck and bending down to Chanyeol. You're obviously blind with rage, Hyomi! I shook my head and tried to ignore her. But I couldn't ignore her how I tried to ignore them kissing. You call that kissing? More like making out! "Shut up!" I yelled. At first it seemed like he slept, his eyes closed. But he had grabbed her face forcing, pulled her down and they kissed passionately. I screamed when I pulled my hair to get that thought out of my mind because I still saw how they kissed, how they pressed their bodies against each other on the sofa. Another scream escaped my mouth and I shook my head and pulled my hair but nothing in this world could erase that picture in my mind. He lied, he betrayed you. I stood up and walked to my window and looked outside. The white snow outside would other ways maybe let me believe the world was fine. White and calm under the soft dance of snowflakes. But it was only facade. The silence before the storm.

~~~~~~~~~
Author’s Pov.
In the living room you could still hear Hyomi’s cries if you even don’t try to listen at all. Baekhyun, Jongin, Kyungsoo and Xiumin were sitting at the sofa, watching TV when Hyomi stormed inside like a hurricane. She immediately disappeared in her room with a loud hurtful bang from the door she shut down. There was even no time they could ask what happen that fast she came in and disappeared again. “W-what was this? Was it Hyomi?” Xiumin had blinked with wide eyes and had looked to Baekhyun.“I will look for a second.”  he had said and went upstairs in a hurry.  “Leave me or I will jump outside the window if you try to come in!” she yelled and Baekhyun really jerked back because that way Hyomi had nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter