Vampires

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The quiet steps we made echoed through the silence of the night.
If Kris haven't held me back every time my steps started to get faster, I would have run way earlier into the darkness to safe Jongin. Therefore, I dragged him behind me on the way while I followed Leeteuk in his wolf form, who searched for the right path. In my opinion we could have saved Jongin long time ago if we would go only faster!
“Why didn’t tell that bloody vamp where we should go…the time we’re wasting here, creeping through the forest without even knowing where we're actually going, they will hurt Jongin!” 
Once again I tried to speed up but Kris pulled me back next to him. "Would you be good enough to be quiet and more careful to make no noise? It would help your friend even more! We want to surprise them and not announcing our visit with pounding and yelling, so can you please pipe down? It’s not like their senses are more distinct than others so the probability that they hear us amyway is even higher.” Kris whispered with an annoyed voice. I looked at him and pointed my index finger to my mouth  “pssht, Kris. Don’t blabber, they can hear you as well.” and earned a fuddled face which made me almost giggle. He let out a grumble and pushed me behind him and it was quite plain to me that I should stay there. I looked down and saw the shaft from the knife Kris gave me earlier out of my boots. I felt strange to walk around with a weapon but I also felt a bit safe to have something I can defend myself. Ha. Don't be silly, Hyomi. I don't even have the slightest idea how to use it. Beside the fact that I would be too slow anyway.

We’re here. Over there in the ruin. I heard Leeteuk saying and his steps got even more careful. The same moment Chen pointed to an old abandoned house. “Look there. We’re finally here!” I looked at him “That’s what Leeteuk said a second ago, Chen.” Chen looked at me confused.  “We can’t hear him in his wolf form except Xiumin. Can you too?” I nodded shortly. Suddenly I heard a scream from the inside of the building. “Jongin.” I ducked down under Kris’ arms, who wanted to hold me back and ran forward, searching for an entry. There was an exit door in front of me but I stopped immediately when I saw a silhouette standing in front of me. It stepped forward and in the moonlight I saw his face.
I breathed out in relieve. “Kris, don’t scare me!” he grabbed my wrist angrily and held my arm up so that it hurt.
“One more time you run away and I will tie you to the next tree and leave you there! You will listen to me now.” I winced as he pulled my arm even more up and I had to stand on my toes to not get hurt. “You will stay by my side and be quiet, understand?”
I nodded quickly and he let me go, mumbling something like: “I knew why I didn’t want you to go with us.”  
The others came as well and we entered the empty hall. Behind old boxes we hid and tried to get a general idea of the scene.

There were 10 people hanging around bored and on the floor crowded up with his hands on his back tied – Jongin.
His chest was moving heavy and his head hung low, his hair covered his face so I couldn’t see if he was awake or faded out.
I know Jongin always as good looking no matter where he was or doing. Even when he once had a fight with a classmate and got a bruised lip from it he still looked handsome! But now…He sat there with the back against a wall, his face in pain and on his t-shirt was blood drained. Under the dust and dirt on his skin bruises and scratches painted his arms in different colors.
I looked more closely to one of the vampires near Jongin. One of them hung loosely in an old arm chair and looked annoyed to four vamps around Jongin, pushing him around like they were cats playing with a mouse. I gulped.

“Get lost from that kid we need him for a while. You all heard the order. So just leave that poor kid alone.” He said insultingly.
“Krystal, stop playing with food!” a girl who was siting on a box added while she filed her nails in boredom. Krystal instead kneeled down in front of Jongin and even from the distance I saw her sharp vampire teeth showing under her lips.
“Onew, Victoria, don’t play the loser leaders.”  and grabbed Jongin's chin harsh, speaking to him with a honey-heavy evil voice. “Let’s hope your little friend won’t come and try to safe you, cute boy.” Jongin turned his head away and pressed his lips together. “Krystal get lost, okay? Don’t you think as the leader, I should get the first try?” Onew threw frustrated a little stone or something against Krystal’s head and she bared her long vampire teeth. “Don't try to build a command structure. We’re not a bloody wolf pack. We’re all alphas. Don’t believe I would listen to what you say!”  Onew made an annoyed sound “That’s why I actually don’t work together with girls like you. Mistress is really annoying to let me work together with such girls.”

Another one placed himself in the middle, his loosely black bangs hung down his face, giving him a dark and dangerous aura.
He pointed to Jongin. “He’s mine. I found him. First sight, first bite! He’s mine.” I remembered that voice  - the one from the voice record! “Taemin you only get what you deserve – so you won’t get anything.” Victoria said and Krystal laughed. The way they all behaved really remembered me of cats fighting over food, hissing and scratching until one would win.
They all looked angrily at each others while some other vampires made annoyed sounds like this was a common situation.
Jongin looked up and shook his arms behind his back to get rid of the bands. “Ya! I’m not anybody’s dessert, blood ers.” Krystal giggled amused. “Oh~ you’re finally talking? What a sweet voice you have!” She grabbed his hair and pulled his head back, a quiet aggressive action in difference to her sweet voice. It gave me goose bumps and I pulled Kris' armpit to show him we needed to intervene but he shook his head.
“Isn’t it a beautiful thing to watch people in so much pain? I really love this. May your scream would sound sweet as well?”
She whispered something in his ear I couldn’t understand and then she bent forward. Jongin screamed as the girl pierced her sharp teeth into his neck. I pressed my hands against my mouth but I already screamed and everyone looked in my direction and Victoria jumped up, her lips ruby-red from blood.

Xiumin, Chen and Tao surprised them from different sides of the hall – they may walked out earlier - creating a mess and I used my chance and ran to Jongin. “Jongin hey, look at me.” His body shook violently and he looked up, his eyes big in surprise and pain. He shivered in pain and his eyes were teary. Seeing him like this build a knot in my stomach. “Hyomi? What the hell do you do here?” his voice was raspy and hard to hear with the growls and the mess behind me. 
I tried to unshackle his arms but the rope was tied to strong. “We're here to save you!” I took out the knife and cut it into two. 
“Can you walk? We have to get you out of here.” Jongin, convulsed with pain, shook his head and clinched his arms around himself tightly, bending forward and groaned. I touched his forehead which was in sweat and he was hot as hell. “I'll help you.” Lay appeared beside me and grabbed Jongin to pull him up. Lay's symbol on his hand - I recognized it was an unicorn - lighted up as he put it on Jongin's forehead.  “He’s in a very bad stable. We need to get him straight back home. I can heal him here subtotal.”

We ran to the door when I crashed against somebody and we both fell down. Somewhere someone called "Key" and I tried to stand up quickly, Chen in front of me holding his hand up to attack the one behind me. But I was ripped behind, a knife in front of my face. The one behind me held my hair in a strong grip, the metal of the knife almost touching my throat. “I can kill her now if you try to kill us too.” I tried to loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter