Epilogue Pt. 2 - Already Home

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where’s Kris this time, I didn’t see him with you this week.” Yuri says to me and I look up. I totally forgot I still sit in class, blushing all over my face in the mid of lesson like an idiot. I was with my thoughts with Kris, totally drift into day dreaming without noticing Yuri had all the time talked to me and only brought me back with the sound of his name. I quickly hide my cheeks with my hand and shook my head “Right. I don't know where he is, I guess he forgot me.” I say sadly and rub my cheeks to let that embarrassing color disappear. Both, Chanyeol and Yuri, next to me are looking at me weirdly but I ignore their stares. Sehun next to Yuri doesn’t even look at me but wrote down something on his paper “He didn’t forget you, Hyomi he just has many things to do…obviously.” Chanyeol says encouraging and changed some glances with Sehun who softly pushed Yuri’s side and secretly gives her the note he wrote “Ah, yeah. Don’t think too bad about him.” She says quickly and turns her head to Sehun and I see her nodding shortly. I smile bitter “Not only about him. When was the last time Sehun and you were on a date. Last Friday, right? It’s more than a week. He doesn’t have time for you, too. Suspicious. Are you guys really dating?” Sehun looks pouty at Yuri and she bites her lips, her cheeks blushing. “Why does it sound like you complained about it? I told you I’m busy this week.” He says and Yuri only nods “I’m sorry.”

“Sehun is busy, Kris is gone as if the earth had swallowed him and Baekhyun is barely at home the last days…” I turn to Chanyeol and observe him, piercing him with my gaze and he gulps hard. I grin satisfied because he knows what I just had thought “..and Chanyeol is scared that I noticed that he was always really nervous when I spent time with him. Like he had some kind of date.” Chanyeol  quickly peers from left to right and his ears are all red. “Gotcha!” I mumble angrily and turn around to Jongin “And you!” I start but before I could go on talking he hits his hand on the table and points then to me “I totally agree with you! Kris is a bad bad bad boyfriend, you should call him!Now!”. Chanyeol and Sehun turn around, both yelling out of one mouth “NO!” and Jongin embarrassed smiles and raises his hands up “Sorry. I guess I got a bit scared by Hyomi’s angry eyes. D-don’t call him.” He says to me and quickly looks for the accompanying nods of Chanyeol and Sehun.  “Suspicious. You’re all suspicious.” I say and grab my stuff to leave as the school bell finally rings. Sehun pulls Yuri aside to talk to her and when I ask  Chanyeol if he’s about to go, he tells me he and Jongin needs to get for something so I should go without them. “I can go with you, it’s alright, I have nothing to do anyway.” I say but they both shake their heads and Chanyeol orders me to go. I pout huffy, because who is he to order me to go, but I grab my school pack and put it loosely over my shoulders, leaving the school building alone. It’s not that I’m used being alone this week, I think offended and put my hands huffy in my pockets and leave the school building by my own. I’m angrily stamping my feet into the snow, kicking the snow around thinking about Kris.

I will not call him! When it comes to Kris, I’m always weak! I really need to change this, I won’t settle for less anymore just because it's Kris! He should better start to worry I’m going to be mad if he will not put his lazy up and excuse him. I blow my cheeks in frustration and look at my phone. I’m not week! I’m a strong and independent young lady and I will not just give up every time my hearts starts beating faster when I see him! I put the phone back into my pocket. Or when I’m thinking about him, I admit. Next time I’m prepared! I stop and look up to the sky, holding my hands out for the snow. Suddenly my phone rang and I jump in surprise and put it out. “Kris!” I gasp with a smile on my face and answer the call without hesitating. I just hear the so familiar chuckle on the other side “What is it, that makes you look so huffy again?” he says and the same time I hear his voice in front of me when a pair of feet suddenly stop near me. My head bops up in surprise and I look at his amused smirk. “Kris!” I jump up excited and drop my backpack as I happily fling my arms around his neck. “Wow, what a greeting.” He says surprised and let me down while I’m blushing, surprised by my action too – and disappointed! Jeez he’s so…ah whatever, maybe next time! “You know that you use a phone normally to call somebody when you’re NOT standing right in front of them!?” he just snorts amused and asks me why I’m all by my own. “Yeah, I really want to know that too. I’m always alone and you didn’t even answer my messages! I could be angry actually!” I say with a warning but he rolls his eyes and ruffles my short hair “Don’t be angry with me, I had a lot to do.” I give up asking what kept him so busy to not answering my messages but changes the topic instead ”And you? Did you come alone too?” he turns around to look behind him “No…actually I wasn’t alone at first.”

I laugh and wonder where they left him alone but this moment I hear Chen excited screaming my name and we turn around to see them all walking toward us. I wave happily at them and Chen begins to run and I scream as he doesn’t look like slowing down when he’s coming near. Right before he could run me over Kris pushes me away and Chen was running by, can’t stop himself from running only after meters he finally slows down and turns around, pouting. “Ya! Unfair, just because she’s your girlfriend, you can’t take her away from me too.” Kris smirks and shrugs his shoulders like he doesn’t know what Chen is talking about “I don’t take her away I was just saving her from a hurrichen attack.” He smirks and the others start snickering. I look to Chanyeol and the way his grin is all over his face it’s obvious he knew about the surprise visit. Kris turns me around to him and watches me from head to toe. He then pulls the zipper of my jacket up to my chin, throws his scarf around me until I almost can’t see him anymore and put his beanie on my head. “What are you doing?” I mumble into the scarf as he also steals my backpack and gives it to Baekhyun. He takes my hand and walks away with me without a word. I look back and Chanyeol who only laughs at my dumbfounded face and they walk away too but in a different direction.

“Where are they going?” I ask Kris and add “Where are we going? Why are you not answering? Is this a kidnapping act? Are you not cold, it’s quite cold.” I blabber nervously around while walking beside him, watching how his grin gets only wider and wider than he finally looks at me and put his arm around me to get me near him “Just wait and see, little blabber mouth. Are you really still cold?” I feel like a small kid the way he acts toward me and huffy cross my arms in front of me. “What is this? Where are we going? Why are you not telling me?” Kris only shrugs his shoulders and takes my hand again. “Just wait and see. We’re having a date now. Do you like to go for a walk?” he asks and I sigh, my exhale warming up my face but I only let me lead wherever Kris is going. It’s really cold so Kris decides to eat something warm before going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter