Masquerade Ball Pt. II

Between The Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyomi’s Pov.
I wake up in a dark room full of colors. Little colorful sparkles flies around me, surrounding me. I lay in a bed in a strange room and as I sit up I’m mesmerized from my surrounding. The bed stands in the middle of the room and in a circle around there’re symbols on the ground, shining in different colors. I know those symbols well. My legs tremble when I try to stand up, I must have slept for a long time and I’m sure I just woke up in Lost Planet from the look of the room.
Is this all a dream? I remember Chanyeol, Delilah, Kris, thousand flashing pictures appearing in front of my inner eyes, remembering everything that happened. But they feel like a dream. Didn’t Kris push me back into my world? Why am I waking up here now? Deep in thoughts, I’m walking over and knee down to Kris symbol and touch it. Suddenly all color sparks fade with a blink. “Oh no. Did I do something wrong!? What’s happening?” I stand up, looking around in the dark room. With careful steps I slowly open the door and walk bare footed around, searching for somebody who can answer my questions. From far away I hear music, people talking. I walk around the corner and suddenly see Baekhyun leaning against the wall. He’s dressed really nice in a tuxedo but he looks really sad and tired and I carefully walk over toward him “Baeki, what’s up with you?” I ask and his head bops up, looking at me like I’m a ghost or something. He first blinked a few times before he closes me in his arms, excited mumbling my name all over “I’m so happy to see you too.” I say and smile, hugging him back.

He’s overwhelmed and when he found his voice again he starts to blabber that fast, I really need to concentrate to follow his words, as he explained what happened to me and what they found out the last three days I was recovering. I couldn’t believe my ears as he told me I had hurt Delilah, that she disappeared, Chanyeol's outburst and Kris who had attacked me accidentally. He tells me about the book they found, bringing a million more questions to ask inside me when Cici interrupts us, who is screaming the moment she sees me and with her overexcited arms around me, hugging Baekhyun too, she keeps on screaming because she’s just too happy to see me all alive, she said. “I was so scared you died. I was really scared!” I look down on her beautiful red dress instead of finding her in her actual working clothes and wonder once again what’s the reason for dressing up today. “Kris’ birthday is today! Oh he will be so happy, Hyomi! I haven’t seen him that sad he really wasn’t in mood to celebrate at all but if he will see you…Oh no you need a dress, baby! You can’t go inside without something really beautiful!” she grabs my hand and looks to Baekhyun, asking him for kidnapping me to get me dressed up. I looked in his confused face "Did she just called me baby!?" but Baekhyun obviously doesn’t like the idea he needs to let me go but Cici convinces him then he can already inform the others. “But don’t tell Kris! He will be so surprised!! We’ll make him a really big surprise! Oh Hyomi you will be the best present he could wish for after I dressed you up, believe me!” I change some glances with Baekhyun but I tell him it will be okay. “We will have time later to talk, right? I really want to see Kris too. But I can’t go like this.” I look down on me in the sleep shirt and shorts I was dressed in and he laughs, finally agreeing.

Cici leads me into a huge dressing room all excited and blabbering non stop, she was worse than Baekhyun before. I can’t really follow her, in my head I just need to work with the happening Baekhyun had told me. But I don’t even get time to think about it because Cici is already pulling a dress out, holding the expensive looking fabric against my body. “Oh no. All black let you look like...no no! We need something more positive. Some colors.” She’s pushing and pulling the many dresses in the big wardrobe and I was astonished by every dress. “Are these all yours?” I ask and she shrugs her shoulders “Not really. This dressing room is barely used but I have my clothes here too. Oh wow~” She whistles and pulls out another one, a wonderful long, strapless ball dress with a light pink chest part flowing downward to purple and blue net. It looks really expensive and I hesitate for a second “This just looks too beautiful. I don’t know if it will fit me.” But like her lively nature, Cici is already up to help me with changing and I have no choice than changing into that dress, which is fitting perfectly, hugging my body not too tight and isn't too long either.

She also gets some high heels for me that are maching with the dress and I turn fascinated around myself, watching it turning with me, the puffing tulle glitters in my move. Cici’s eyes were two big white circles of excitement as a high scream escapes her lips, extremely fascinated about that dress. Before looking into the mirror she has already pushed me to a dressing table and softly brushes my hair and does my make up when she finishes my look by placing a ball mask in my hands. “It’s a mask ball so you need to wear it too. Now you can look in the mirror, princess.” I place myself in front of the mirror and I’m astonished from my reflection. My fingers touching the soft fabric of the beautiful dress while I turned left and right to look at every beautiful inch of that unrealistic figure I was watching. My face still looks a little pale and small so I put the mask on as well, taking a look into the mirror again and I was really mesmerized from what looks back to me. “Wow, it’s really beautiful.” I gasp and Cici is satisfied with her work as well. “I really wonder whose dress this is, it’s really beautiful.” she mumbles and grabs my hand to lead me outside. "Let's go, I can't wait to see everyone's eyes falling off their beautiful faces when they'll see you!" and I laugh.

We walk outside and following the music and laughter lead us into a huge ball room with so many well dressed people, all anonymus behind their masks. I want to ask Cici where Kris is, if Baekhyun is with him and if Chanyeol is here too but she is called by other maids and she excuses herself for a second. “Just look around. You will find him.” I sighed frustrated but wander around, searching for someone I could recognize but of course I’m blind. I can’t even see Baekhyun or Chanyeol somewhere and crane my neck but it’s out of question to find somebody I know since I can’t recognize them behind their masks. I’m standing all by my own, watching the crowd, watching the dancing people enjoying Kris birthday. I smile and I really want to congratulate him too even I don’t have any gift to handle him.
I look down on me and smile again. Maybe seeing me will make him happy enough too. Suddenly someone bows in front of me gently and I look up in surprise
“Will you may give me a dance, beautiful lady?” he says and I’m sure to have never heard his voice before. I make a slight bow and giggle. “Of course.” I say, maybe if I get into a conversation I will find out where Kris is. I’m nervous, because I didn’t dance before but the man carefully turned us around to the music, drifting away into the crowd. “May I know your name?” I ask but he laughs “But my lady, what kind of masquerade ball do you think is this? A masquerade ball is to hold up everything in magical mystery. Here, everyone you wish to be is right behind the mask.” I don’t even need to look down where my feet are taking me, he was leading me and I only had to follow his steps. “Oh, well if this is like that I wished you would be the one we’re all here tonight. Happy birthday, Kris.” The man smiles and finally laughs and it’s a really beautiful sound that give my cheeks a slight touch of red.

We’re dancing around for a while until we part and change the dance partners. “What a beautiful night it is, right?” the man says to me and I smile “Yes, it is.” Something in his voice make me shiver slightly, like I connect him with a bad memory I can’t remember right now. But he seems familiar. “I have to admit you look really tasty in this dress, Hyomi.” I raise my eyebrow and want to step back when he follows and makes it look like it was just a step from the dance. “Who are you?” I ask and for a moment we stop and he reveals a short look under his mask which takes away my breath “You.” I gasp and look into Taemin’s eyes when he smiles, revealing his sharp vampire teeth. “It was a pleasure to dance with you.” He my hair and pulls one strain out. When I look at it the ends are slightly white. “I wonder what happened. Turn your head to the side, look up to the tribune if you want to know where he is.” He whispers and I do how he told, wondering if he read my mind or something. I see Kris, I know it was him and see him rushing down from the tribune to a side door and leaves the ball room. Didn’t he see me?! Where's he going? “Guess he’s missing someone.” Taemin says and I began to run after him, having no plan why Taemin let me go so easily but I need to tell Kris before something will happen. If the vampires are here too, who knows what they have planned? I’m  running along the corridor, searching for him but he disappeared.
Left, or right? Left. I open the door to one room and walk inside, only a dim light let me see that the room is empty. The walls are suspiciously dark and if I don’t know it better it feels like it smells like the haunted house – burned.

I see Kris standing at the window, only catching his half face light up from the moonlight. He looks deeply sad and doesn’t even recognize when I’m stepping closer. Looking at his sad face make me forget about who I just met and forget to warn him. “Kris?” I mutter and place myself next to him. He slowly turns his head around, observing me from head to toe and looked back outside. “I avoided this room ever since, don’t you know this? But all of a sudden I found myself back here. I feel like I just got send back in time.” His eyes wander over to me again. “Look at you, you even wear that dress again. From today it’s now 3 years.” I don’t have the slightest idea what he’s talking about and walk nearer. His gaze is focused to the outside, wide away from here. “Kris, what’s wrong?” I pitch his armpit but he’s still looking wide away, his eyebrow frown. “I’m not sure. Sometimes I wonder if I’m only dreaming. Everything had turned into a nightmare and I’m still waiting to wake up finally. I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter