First Day of School

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

Class is just taking forever. Am I already feeling post-vacation depression? After the new kids had arrived, the homeroom teacher had been going over the school and class rules, even though they're already embedded in our minds. Although there's 30 minutes until the bell rings for lunch, this is just pure agony. I mean, this is our second year here. I think the majority of the class understands the rules of the school and classes around here. My eyes trailed to my left to catch a glimpse of Zelo sleeping. Did I ever mention how this attractive this boy is? Some people look just straight up tacky with blond hair, but with Zelo, it looks so amazing. I kind of want to touch it. Should I?

A few years back, Hanbin did have blonde hair when Hanbyul, his sister, was born, but his hair did not look as fluffy as Zelo's hair. Zelo's hair looks like a lamb's cuddly fur. I know for a fact that grandma would definitely agree with me. Taehyung also used to have blond hair last year, but it was more like a brownish blond than blonde, plus he would never let me touch his hair since he claimed that he was losing hair. Jeez, Taehyung.

Just when I was about to glance back at Zelo, his eyes were open. My heart stopped at that moment from shock. I sat there like I was a deer in the headlights. He then smirked. 

"Okay class?" My head whipped to the front of the classroom with wide eyes, "That will be all for introductions. After lunch, we'll go through academics. Now there's 10 minutes until lunch so you can quietly talk to each other, okay? Alright." The teacher said as she walked to her desk.

"Chaeji," I hear from my left.

"Hmm?" I hummed as I turned to my left with Zelo still smirking at me. He must be up to something.

"I saw you checking me out during class." Zelo stated. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer, and my heart beat picking up it's pace.

What the hell? He noticed? "I-I just-"

"Shhh," Zelo shushed as he put a finger in front of my lips to silence me, "It's okay. I know I'm hot."

"Yah! Chaeji was not checking you out!" Taehyung stood up, almost attempting to flip his desk, "There's a clock right there, you idiot. It may seem like she's looking at you, but she's clearly looking at the time, blondie."

"Y-yeah. So don't pick on our Chaeji," Hanbin stammered from behind  Zelo.

"Guys, calm down. I was just joking around. There's no harm there." Zelo calmly defended himself as if this were all a joke. Hanbin and Taehyung can be so defensive, sometimes.

"Hey, Zelo?" I asked, "Um. I don't know how to say this...but uh can I touch your hair?" Everyone's eyes grew wide. My face felt warmer than before. Is it really that awkward to ask about touching someone's hair?

"S-sure." Zelo responded as he put his head down for me. This is probably the first time I've ever heard him stutter. It sounds so cute.

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

​What the hell is happening? Why is Chaeji befriending this guy of all people? He's a mere stranger, but she's already touching his hair! She also looks like she's having a good time touching his hair too. When was the last time she pet my hair? Probably years ago. 

I can see why she'd touch his blond meadow of hair though. I'll admit, it looks fluffy, but that's it. Seeing her touch his blonde hair just made me seem so angry and hurt for some reason. It feels so wrong. My chest is beating so much from this, but at the same time, I want too grab Zelo and rip his fluffy scalp off of his head to feed it to the chimpanzee that spat on me as a child.

"Yah. Kim Chaeji, hajima." I hear from Hanbin.

 

 

 

Kim Hanbin

​"You'll get lice if you touch his hair." I lied to get Chaeji away from Zelo. That idiot Zelo better not get any closer to Chaeji. She quickly pulled her hand away from Zelo's hair.

"Good call," She said as she wiped her hand on her skirt, "Don't worry, I'll wash my hands when it's lunch time. Oh, and Zelo, your hair is amazing. It's so fluffy." She complimented as she smiled. She hasn't complimented me lately...

"Dude, I don't have lice!" Zelo exclaimed as he angrily scratched the back of his head. He then turned to Chaeji, and smiled as he replied, "Oh, and thank you. I work very hard keeping up with my hair. Can I touch your hair?"

"NO!!!" Both Taehyung and I yelled. The whole entire class then looked over at our side of the classroom like we were murderers. Did we murder their conversations? I doubt that. Why are we causing such a ruckus today?

"Sorry for disturbing, everyone." Chaeji awkwardly apologized to the class and repeatedly bowed to the class as she slowly returned to our conversation, "What do you guys mean by that?" Chaeji took a deep breath, "Hanbin, you told me to make new friends, so I'm making a new friend right now." Chaeji angrily stated. Did I make her this angry? I swear that if I didn't start this whole mess this morning, none of this would have happened. This is probably one of the mysterious works of Karma, huh?

"I thought we were over that!" I stammered. Chaeji, don't be doing this on the first day of school. I've already repeatedly apologized to you already. I don't want you to be angry at me any further than this.

"Go ahead, Zelo, you can touch my hair." She then handed the strands of her long hair to Zelo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter