Prologue Part 2

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Are you ready to meet our guests, Chaeji?" My grandma asked as she carried a jug of lemonade out to the backyard.

"No." I said as I crossed my arms, "Why are people coming over?" This is our house. We don't need anymore people here.

"Chaeji, you are a big girl now! 5 years old! I felt that you needed to talk to other people besides me. It's only been a few days since you have moved in here so my friends wanted to invite you here as a welcome party. Don't you like parties?" My grandma said as she placed the lemonade on the table. "They're also bringing their grandkids so that should be fun too!" 

I like parties, but this is different...

"Grandma, I don't want to talk to other people. I only want to talk to you!" I said as I stomped my feet with my arms still crossed. How can she expect me to just go talk to other people?

"Just try it out. You don't want to let your grandma down since these people are my best friends!" My grandma enthusiastically exclaimed with a little chuckle.

"B-but I-I thought I was y-your b-best friend!" I whimpered as I was about to cry.

"Ah n-no, dear, I didn't mean it that way! You're a big girl and a big girl always tries new things!" My grandma said as she ran up to me, "We've been best friends since we were kids! You and I are best friends because we have that special granddaughter and grandmother bond." My grandma reassured.

Not wanting my grandma to feel any worse, I decided to go along with it since, of course, I am a big girl now, "O-okay. I'm doing this because I'm a big girl." I said as I slightly smiled.

"R-really? Alrighty then, now go get changed! I bought you a new dress for this occasion. It's the big box on my bed. I want you to go get it and put it on, okay?" My grandma said as she started to organize the table for the welcome party. I knew that grandma would feel happy about it. When grandma's happy, I'm happy.

"O-okay." I said as I started to head into the house.

The house is a small, quaint house in a quiet neighborhood. It's blue and its one of the cutest houses I've ever seen! I would definitely say it's fit for two people like grandma and I!

 

 

 

I looked into the mirror to see how the dress would look on me, and I absolutely loved it. It was a sleeveless, polka-dotted baby blue and white dress that ran a bit over my knees. The dress was also a bit fluffy so I am able to move around in it. It was perfect. Thank you, grandma.

I twirled around in the dress for fun until I heard the doorbell ring twice.

"That must be the guests!" I screamed to myself. I quickly ran down the stairs to see that nobody was at the entrance. Everyone must be in the yard already.

I then sprinted to the yard to see grandma with four other people. This is probably the biggest party I've been to.

 

 

 

I bravely started walking towards grandma until I suddenly tripped over a pebble, "O-Oww" I said as I landed on my knees.

"C-CHAEJI, ARE YOU OKAY?" My grandmother yelled over as she and her friends ran over to me. Little bulbs of water formed at the ends of my eyes as I slowly started to sob. My knees started to throb as blood ran out of my knees.

Then one lady screamed, "Guys, lets bring her inside!" As my grandma and another lady carried me inside to the couch in the living room followed by two other boys who also looked my age.

My grandma then yelled, "I'll get the bandages, someone go get the disinfecting wipes, and someone else can calm her down!" As my grandma quickly climbed up the stairs.

"Okay!" Both ladies yelled. Then the both ran to find the disinfecting wipes as I remained on the couch crying in pain. Suddenly, a tissue was thrown at my face and I stopped wailing. I opened my eyes wide to see one of the boys my age next to a tissue box. 

"T-thank y-you." I said as I tried to catch my breath. He then nodded. I wiped my tears from flowing across my face and suddenly felt the left side of the couch sinking in. When I looked to my left, I saw the other boy my age smiling. His smile seemed...strange. It's like he didn't know how to smile, but  he seemed happy. Is his happiness from my fall?

"Hi. I'm Kim Taehyung. What's your name?" The boy said as his smile grew even wider.

"I-uh..." Just then the right side of the couch started to sink in so I quickly looked over to my right. It was the boy who handed me the tissue. The Tissue Boy.

"My name is Kim Hanbin," He c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter