Where's Chaeji?

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Grandma, can I-"

Wait.

She's in the hospital.

That means Taehyung and Hanbin are here right now, but before I can do anything, I need markers.

I quickly got to my feet to grab some markers, and sprinted over to their location. Waking them up will surely be fun. I can just imagine their horrified faces right now. Ah, the sweet sight of a wondrous, early morning prank.

Slowly, I pushed their door open. Hmm, I guess they forgot to lock their door.

So far, the coast is clear. They both appear to be sleeping soundly—actually, they're hugging each other in their own sleep, so I'm assuming that they're sleeping soundly.

Quietly, I crept over to the closest body to the door—Hanbin.

I honestly couldn't hold in my excitement any longer. I was practically shaking my hand grew closer and closer to Hanbin's face. Just a few more millimete-

"AHHH!!!" I suddenly screamed.

Why?

His eyes literally shot open before the marker could make any contact with his face.

"Good morning to you, Chaeji." He calmly greeted, amidst his position in Taehyung's hug in bed. By the look on his face, he clearly knew what I was up to, but I'll just act like absolutely nothing happened for now.

I stood there dumbfounded, "Morning, Hanbinnie. What lovely weather we're havin-"

"Okay you can cut the crap, I saw what you did," He bluntly interrupts. "Your doors creak, you know."

"Dammit." I whispered. "Well, we better get to school soon. We can't be late, even if we were having a slumber party."

As if on cue, Taehyung immediately sat up from his position in bed, "I don't want to go to school." He frowned, "Can we just use your injury as an excuse?"

"We can't. First of all, this injury shouldn't even be considered an injury. It's a scrape. Second of all, this is my injury. You can't be excused from school from someone else's injury." I straightened out. Clearly, Taehyung needs more sleep. Then again, this is Taehyung.

"Yah, this isn't like elementary school when you tried to convince our teacher that G-Dragon's birthday was a holiday. It was on a weekend anyway, so that would have been proven faulty in the first place." Hanbin sheepishly mentioned while removing the comforter off of his body.

"The teacher was actually convinced that it was a holiday!" Taehyung defended, "You guys should know since you were all there!"

"Mrs. Jung? She didn't believe a single ounce of it!" I suddenly remembered, "She was only being nice to you."

The look of disbelief clearly can be read on Taehyung's face. "No. That's a lie!"

"I thought you knew!" Hanbin then began to laugh.

"No! I didn't know!" Taehyung whined.

I looked over to the clock on the nightstand, and panicked once I read the time. "Guys, we better get to school soon. After I get ready, I'll make some quick breakfast before we leave, alright?"

"Sounds good to me," Taehyung hopped out of bed and towards the bathroom.

"Same here," Hanbin agreed as he followed Taehyung.

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

​Overall, I'm glad the morning started off smoothly with Chaeji, and Hanbin.

Last night, I was being slightly over-dramatic about my feelings, and I couldn't even control myself. If Chaeji needs her time, I'll give her the time. I get it. It's cool. Es bueno. I mean, I was being a little too much yesterday, considering that her grandma is in the hospital.

I just want the best for Chaej-

"Are you done with that?" Hanbin asks while pointing towards my bag of sweet potato chips with his mouth hung wide open.

Apparently, I was spacing out so much that I forgot about finishing my lunch, "No, I'm still eating." I replied as I mockingly continued to eat my chips in front of him.

At our usual lunch table, we usually have to spread out to two different tables because both BTS and iKON absolutely cannot fit into one table. That's like asking to fit a party into your lunchbox. No can do, buckaroo.

Jungkook then grabbed my arm while pouting, "Can I have a piece? I'm the maknae. I need to grow big, and stron-"

I cringed at the sight of him trying to act cute. That obviously doesn't work on me since I am better at aegyo. "I bet you're already stronger than me."

"Well, he's the maknae of  BTS," Chanwoo slyly started off, "But I'm definitely the maknae of these two tables."

Hmm. What a sly, sly boy, "You are worthy of one piece." I handed a piece over to him.

"Hyung!" Jungkook whined.

"Now, off you go now, peasant!" I waved off.

"Hyung!" Chanwoo whined.

"Aish, why are you guys being so whiny! You're not babies! Hip hop is dead!" Suga complained from the end of the table as he slowly folded his arms.

"Don't be like that, Yoongi hyung," Jinhwan said as he patted him on the back, "Just because you're cranky, that doesn't mean that you can release your crankiness on them."

Suga scoffed, "I am not cranky. In fact, I am anything but cranky."

Both Yunhyeong, and Jin, who were sitting across from them looked at Suga in disbelief before Jin jokingly asked, "Are you sure?"

Suga opened his mouth wide, "Hell yeah I'm sure!"

"Just get back to your nap!" Junhoe shouted from across the table, "The cranky ones always need it!"

"You're a hoe, Junhoe. Don't talk to your hyung that way. That's so disrespectful." Suga pointed out as he positioned himself for his nap once more, "I'm going back to my nap. Consider yourself lucky, Goo Junhoe."

That quickly earned 'oohs' from the entire cafeteria.

 

 

 

Looking around our tables, amidst the fun, I noticed something distinctively strange. "Where's Chaeji?"

Now that I think about it, she was fine this morning, and in school.

Hanbin looked up from his lunch, scoped the tables, then the entire cafeteria, "I thought she was with us."

"Well, she clearly isn't, Sherlock." I sassily remarked. "Where could she be?"

"Maybe she's with Zelo. She talks to him, doesn't she?" Bobby brought up after he finished the last drop of his chocolate milk.

Right, that scoundrel, Zelo. I cringed when Bobby suddenly brought his name up. Actually I also cringed when I mentioned his name in my mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter