Epilogue: Grandma's Girl

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not Edited

Kim Chaeji

In my heart, it seems like days since I've last seen you. You've always been there for me, and I was always there for you since the day I was born. When I felt that I had nothing, you were there for me.

We had always been together. If you needed me, I would go to you, and if I needed you, you would go to me. We were two peas in a pod, Boots and Dora, Suzy and IU or maybe even SpongeBob and Patrick. The phrases were endless.

My love for you is infinite. I remember you would always encourage me to try new things, and although I wasn't very fond of it, I appreciated the effort and I live with no regrets—though my one regret is not being able to express my gratitude towards you, and letting you know how much love you deserved.

I remember when you would go spend time with your friends you didn't hesitate to bring me along, and eventually introduce you to your other wonderful friends, Mul and Juseu, and then their own grandchildren in which we ended up being Triple Kim with Hanbin, and my husband, Taehyung. I stuck with you when I was young, and look at me now, still sticking with you here.

You had cradled me with bliss, happiness, and love. This was anything a child with or without parents could have asked for.

I remember I would tend to think of frightening thoughts that would literally flip my pancakes. What if you passes away? What if I attend university far from home? What if there was a dire emergency when I couldn't be around? What would have happened to me then? How could I live without you?

In all honesty, I shouldn't have put those worries into my mind in the first place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I should have spent more time with you, and just cherishing those moments that we had together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's been years since grandma had passed away, and it had taken me such a long time to cope. I personally don't feel as if I can ever fully recover from this. She had been there in almost all of my life.

I remember the first time reality had finally hit me of her passing, I couldn't comprehend it, then tissue boxes throughout the house had run out. I was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter