Hot Cocoa and Small Talk

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Aww, it's alright Hanbin, they're probably in a different class." I suggested, hoping that it would make Hanbin feel better. Apparently, his dance team buddies were nowhere to be found on our first day of school today. After school ended, we all decided to go to Taehyung's house for hot cocoa since we didn't have any money to spend for any activities. I'll also admit that today was a bit dysfunctional, so this would be a great way to spend time with my best friends and cool down, "Plus it's only the first day of school. You're bound to find them some way or another." 

"I guess so," Hanbin said as he took a sip of hot cocoa, "Oh that reminds me. Zelo told us that his dance group was also transferring here, but  I didn't see him speak to anyone today besides us."

"Hmm that's weird," Taehyung said as he scratched his chin, "Maybe they're like your buddies?" That could be a logical explanation, "If you really think about it, they were new so its rough on the first day. Remember our struggles as freshmen?" We all chuckled at the memory as freshmen.

"Of course!" Hanbin continued on chuckling as he agreed, "...but who knows." We all nodded our heads in silence as we all slowly consumed and enjoyed our hot cocoa that Taehyung's little sister had made. This hot cocoa is just absolutely amazing. It's not just the liquid-texture; it tastes so creamy. It's like you can still taste the chocolate melting on your tongue. The best part about it is that it won't exactly burn your tongue either. I hate when things are too hot, but this is always so perfect every time she makes it.

"Taehyung!" Taeyeon, Taehyung's younger sister, whined, "Come here and help me with my homework!"

Taehyung heaved a sigh, "I don't like homework. I don't even do my own homework, Taeyeon-ah! Go feed it to the neighbor's cat." He shouted as he slouched in his chair.

I slapped Taehyung's shoulder, "Come on, Taehyung. She's your little sister for crying out loud. She needs help with her homework. Remember how we'd always help each other with homework?" I hope that mini lecture would convince him to help her.

Just then, foot steps can be heard storming into the dining room where we were located, "Yah! Taehyung! I don't-"

She stopped mid-sentence when she entered the dining room and realized that Hanbin was also present. As her eyes grew wide, her jaw dropped open, "U-um, I..." She quietly stuttered as her face flushed red. Aw this is just too cute to watch. I'm tempted to film this right now, but my laziness is telling me that I shouldn't. Laziness wins.

"Hey, Taeyeon, this hot cocoa is amazing." Hanbin complimented as he took another sip out of his cup after he winked at her.

 

 

 

Kim Taehyung

​Is Hanbin actually trying to deceive my sister or help me from being yelled at? I'm honestly okay with either answer. Speaking of siblings, where is Taebeom? Probably asleep. "Y-you like m-my hot c-cocoa?" Great. You're killing my sister, Hanbin.

"Yeah! It's the best! I would seriously drink it everyday." Hanbin's such a flirt with my sister. Once, Chaeji and I dared Hanbin to flirt with random strangers of our choosing at the mall one day. Oh, what a sight that was. He was using these ridiculous pickup lines on practically everyone. Some of them went along the lines of "Are you dyslexic? Because you put the y in dyslexia." and "Did you fart? Because you blew me away." Clearly this kid can use words in a different manner rather than through pickup lines. The strange thing is that he always gets the girl, no matter how dorky his pickup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter