I Need You

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Yah! Chaeji! Are you okay? Can you hear me?!"

I slowly opened my eyes in order to clear the blurry vision in front of me. As of now, the world just feels like it's spinning all over the place since I can't seem to get my head straight at all.

Something abruptly wrapped around my shoulders, "Thank goodness you woke up!"

Somehow, this person seemed to be calming me down, but for what? Though the voice was very soothing, I couldn't pinpoint who exactly this person could be, I'm just in a state where I can't focus on anything.

Everything's a blur.

I absent-mindedly looked over to the source of the voice as that person continued to hug me.

"Taehyung."

It's as if everything changed within a split second after realizing that Taehyung was by my side. My attention came across our surrounding environment of medical supplies, and a hospital bed that I happen to be on. Definitely not the place I last remembered being at.

I pushed away from the hug in order to get my head straight, "What happened? Why are we here?"

"What do you mean what happened? You're okay!"

I rolled my eyes, "You know exactly what I'm talking about. Why are we here?"

He took a moment to ponder to himself as he pouted his lips while folding his arms, "Ah yes. Well, do you remember running your race?"

My race? I then shut my eyes in hopes of remembering what had exactly happened. Okay, the countdown, running, and falling, "Yeah, I fell, but that doesn't explain why I'm here. I should be getting a scrape or two..."

Taehyung nodded his head as he his dry upper lip, "Think further."

As I continued to follow Taehyung's commands, my eyes grew wide at the horrendous memory that played back from all of the screaming and shouting that rung in my head, "Where's grandma? Is she okay? I need to see her!"

I painfully got up to feel a throbbing pain in my head, "Don't you dare move. You lost so much blood back on the track that you had to get hooked onto these wires and tubes for support."

I scrunched my eyes in pain and confusion that seemed to be seeping into me all at once, "How did I lose so much blood? I just fell down."

"You fell down, but you also didn't stop moving. Blood was literally gushing everywhere since you couldn't stop moving," Taehyung then sat on my bedside, "From there, you lost conscience, and now you're here."

I shut my eyes at the memory, "Okay, but did I at least finish my race?"

He looked at the ground, "No."

"Ugh," I scratched the back of my head, "Okay, but please tell me where grandma is, or her how her well-being is. How is she? I have to know these things."

It took Taehyung a good three minutes before anything could be said after showing a constipated expression on his face, "Well..."

"Well what? You look constipated."

"Chae," Taehyung started off before taking a deep breath, "Remember when your grandma was trying to run after you when you were trying to finish your gory race?"

I paused for a moment before calmly proceeding with, "...Yes."

"Well, during that moment, her diverticulitis started acting up an-"

I stood up from my bed, "Where is she? I have to see her right now!!!"

"She's having an emergency surgery right now!" Taehyung shouted as he tried to hold me down, "First you need to calm down, we can't have anything else spike up your blood readings! Just please—calm down. Hanbin and I will be here for the both of you. Just calm down," Taehyung reasoned as his voice hitched.

I looked up at him to see tears slowly forming around his eyes as his eyes turned to a reddish color, "Please, Chaeji. It hurts me to see everyone like this. I feel like because I can't do anything for you, or your grandma. Even if I try anything in my power to help anyone, I feel that it's not enough. I want to be there for you."

A tear escaped my eye just by looking at him. He's been there for me, and still feels like he hasn't done anything, "Taehyung," I whispered through my breath as I held his cheek, "Please don't feel that way. You've done more than you think. Right now, my grandma's life is on the line. Just show me where my grandma is. I need to be t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter