Being the Fixer?

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not edited

Kim Chaeji

"So you wanted to talk to me?"

That's right. Kim Chaeji here, and I've decided to have a little chat with someone...unexpected.

I took a deep breath, "Yes, I wanted to talk to you, Jihyun." I've had enough of her immature ways. As a high school senior, I don't want to keep living life so frugally. I want to graduate knowing that I did all that I could—without any regrets whatsoever. This is just my way of being mature. It's definitely going to feel good knowing that I did something.

"So what do you want to talk to me about? I have to go fix my makeup in like 10 minutes." Somehow, she seems like she's in a good mood. I'm surprised she's even taken the time to follow me into this empty hallway to speak with her. 

Well, I have to utilize the time that I have now during this grace period.

I shook my head, "It won't take long at all...I just want to know something..."

She then looked pissed, "Spill. I don't have all day."

"Why are you so mean to me?" There I finally said it. "I know you like one of my best friends, but that doesn't mean that you can just be mean to me. I didn't do anything to you at all, and if I did, I will apologize right now, because I want to end this fury. I want to end my high school career positively...I also kept this to myself, but I knew you were the one that tripped me at the meet. I felt something trip me, and when you told me to break a leg, I definitely knew something was up."

Her eyes suddenly grew wide in exasperation. Now it's time for things to get serious, "What the actual , Kim Chaeji? Why are you saying this all of a sudden?"

Did she even listen to me? This girl is a real piece of work—but of course, I need to sound positively mature so things don't look bad on my part, "I'm just trying to say that we should treat each other with equal respect since we both are graduating high school and moving on from life so we both can move on from life without any regrets."

She rose an eyebrow, "Hmm, I guess I'll accept your apology..." Well that was quick, "But only if you stay away from Hanbin Oppa." I spoke too soon.

What did this just say? How can I just stay away from my best friend? "Um excuse me? He's one of my best friends."

"That doesn't matter. Just stay away from him," She replied with a menacing tone. I guess she's not in a good mood anymore.

Okay. I tried being nice, but I'll just have to be blunt with this girl. "Oh, right. I forgot that you were so in love with Hanbin." Notice the emphasis on the word so. "Honey, you do realize that I'm dating the other Kim, Kim Taehyung, right? There's no need to be jealous."

She somehow looked stiff after my sudden words, "Why would you even choose Taehyung over Hanbin? Taehyung is so weird. Ew." This needs to excuse herself for being so ridiculous.

"Yah! I didn't tell you this so you could criticize my love life and my best friend...I told you this so you can also move on in your life." Like really. We're going to be of legal age soon and she still acts like a brat. Hopefully this can change her attitude.

Her facial expression remained placid, "I have to go fix my makeup. You've run out of time to talk to me."

Before she could even step foot to walk off, I held her back, "It's only been two minutes, Jihyun."

She then sternly looked at me, "I don't care. This conversation is over. It's done." She shrugged me off and continued to walk away from me.

Well, I tried. I'm not sure what she's going to do about me, but I tried.

 

 

 

"Hey Chaeji, where were you? Taehyung was looking everywhere for you," Hanbin asked as he took a bite from his chococone. "Like I'm not even that worried, but Taehyung insisted on a search warrant for you." Damn. 

"Well, I'm here now," I answered as I placed my duffel bag onto the ground, "Why did he need me anyway? I mean, I even made both of you lunch today. He should be fine for now."

Hanbin chuckled, "He wanted to wish you good luck at the meet, but somehow, I still can't get a hold of him," He answered as he continued to dial Taehyung's number on his phone.

I chuckled, "Of course he would. He's probably dripping buckets of sweat by now." I ped my bag to grab my phone, "I'll try to get in touch with him too."

Hanbin looked up from his phone before dialing his number again, "Ah, your grandma is here to watch too. She's in the bleachers with everyone from BTS and iKON."

"Oh really? Let's drop by to say hi. I only have an hour before the meet actually starts so I have time." I suggested as I picked up my duffel bag, "Well, maybe more than an hour. My event doesn't start right away."

He nodded as he followed along from behind me, "Sounds good. We can call Taehyung on the way there."

I then gave him a strange look, "Maybe you should be his girlfriend instead."

He then glared at me, "Yah!"

"I'm kidding!" I chuckled.

 

 

 

"Grandma, you made it!" I happily smiled as I scooped my grandma into a hug.

She smiled back, "Of course I would, Chaeji. This is one of your last meets afterall!" She then patted my shoulders, "Do your best, but please don't overwork yourself-"

"There you are Chaeji! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Taehyung's voice suddenly was heard from the speakers.

I rapidly blinked for a few seconds before looking around, "Where's Taehyung?"

"I was about to say the same thing." Hanbin looks just as confused as everyone on the bleachers, and even the track field.

Grandma also seemed confused, "Where could that boy be?"

Donghyuk spoke up, "Well we know his voice is coming from the speakers..."

"Taehyung's such a kid, he's always trolling," Jungkook rolled his eyes, "But somehow he's still my hyung."

Taehyung's voice suddenly was heard back on the intercom, "Yah! Kookie I heard that! You guys are so blind."

"Um, Tae, it's not nice to make fun of blind people," I yelled while still looking for him, "Would you just mind giving us hints, or maybe even running towards us?"

He scoffed through the microphone, "I'm right here."

"Here isn't a very descriptive word," I pointed out with my hands on my hip.

He chuckled, "Well it is to me."

Chanwoo complained, "Taehyung can you just please stop this before the opposing school team arrives? You're going to embarrass our school. I have lots of pride in this school."

"Yeah, you're going to ruin the school's rep," Yoongi agreed, "I don't want to be that kid from that kind of school that everyone knows about once I'm in co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter