Whining on Ice

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

All seemed to be well after my grandma and I had our crying, and K-Drama relief session the other day. Though it seemed to be sad to discuss to my grandma about my parents' unpredictable actions, it seemed like a great way to relieve our emotions in one way or another. Talking things out really does help the overall mentality.

"Earth to Chaeji, are you even there?"

"Hmm?" I shook my head in response to see that Taehyung was waving his hands at me—at a very close proximity might I add.

This shouldn't be new to me. Taehyung's exuberant actions shouldn't affect me as much as it is now. I've been around the boy log enough to know.

"I got you a pair of skates while Hanbin was being picky about his skates," Taehyung informed as he tossed the skates over. Suddenly a wave of silence reaped as Taehyung then tried to change the topic, "I, uh, heard from Hanbin about the event at the market. So we both decided that going ice skating would be the best option for everyone—considering that vacation is over tomorrow, and the new semester will painfully begin."

Both ends of my lips tugged upward, "Thank you, Taehyung. I'll relay my thanks towards Hanbin when he comes back. I really appreciate it. I think I just need some time to digest that incident."

"Can you believe this ice skating rink? This place doesn't provide sanitary wipes to wipe the skates at the very least! What does this facility want their customers to do? Lather my socks in germs, and sweat?" Hanbin ranted as he took a seat beside me with his skates on his lap.

I stared at Hanbin in disgust, "Dude, I felt that I should be thankful towards you for bringing us to the ice skating rink, but what you said just made me vomit in my mouth."

"Ah. Sorry about that. I just don't like it here," Hanbin played it off as he scratched the back of his neck, "The sanitation is awful, and just look at the rink!" He pointed out in the distance.

Both Taehyung and I looked over to where he was pointing, and surprisingly, there was a used baby diaper in the middle of the rink. I shivered in disgust, "That's disgusting for crying out loud!"

I patted Hanbin on the back, "Look, I appreciate that you and Taehyunggie were able to set up this get-together. You don't have to make everything perfect. It's fine as it is!"

Hanbin's shoulders fell as he heaved a sigh, "I know, but I just want everything to go as planned. The encounter with your parents the other day scared me. Who knew Little Chaeji was able to withstand the wrath of your parents' drunk state. Surely, I wouldn't know what to do. Though I didn't meet you before you moved in with your grandmother, I know that you had the courage, and will to continue forward. That's why I wanted to make sure that this will go as planned. I want something in your life to go right."

Taehyung then whacked the back of Hanbin's head, "You don't think that I want this day to go well, huh? I've also been keeping company with Chaeji while you were busy complaining about the germs in this place!" Taehyung then took a seat beside Hanbin, "Now let's go and have fun. I don't want to ruin our time here, now shall we?"

We all nodded as we excitedly buckled our skates onto our feet.

Before entering the rink, we all decided that holding hands would be ideal—considering the fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter