Sinosijak (The Beginning)

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

It's that time of year, New Year's Eve.

A day that's filled with bliss, retracing fond memories of the past year, and of course, a beautiful new beginning. 

After both Taehyung and Hanbin's surprising confessions, I've just been making comparisons between the two that I have never noticed before. I don't want our friendship to change in any shape or form, but I know something will eventually happen. I mean, what would our friendship be like if I actually started dating one or the other? I just feel that it wouldn't be the same anymore. I'm also beginning to question my feelings towards the both of them. The atmosphere is different around them, but so refreshing at the same time. Is that a good thing? Could that be a good thing?

Honestly, maybe it would be easier if both Taehyung and Hanbin fell in love with each other, right? Less work for me!

Anyway, grandma finally agreed to do the surgery as long as I get involved with more school work and school activities. How can I say no to that? I'm practically saving her life right now! The least I can do for her is abide by her wishes.

Of course, that means that she'd want me to do what other normal teenaged girls would do, but I'll get there eventually. I'm 17 years old, and I don't have many teen years left. I'll just slowly abide by my grandmother's wishes until I'm of legal age. It's that simple. I'll just need the help of Hanbin and Taehyung—​which leads me back to my other quarrel.

As of now, Taehyung, Hanbin, and I are all walking towards the local park where the fire works will be held. Watching fire works is quite exciting. The last time we watched a fireworks show was at the mountains. Grandma wanted to spend her New Year's with her Liquid friends at home. I wouldn't blame her though. She's been with them for so long, why stop being friends now? I need to respect her life, as she respects mine. Wow, I've slightly matured. She'll still definitely be the first person I want to see after coming home on New Year's. I am a grandma's girl after all!

"Hanbinnie hurry up. I want to at least make it to the park before the fireworks start," Taehyung complained while he rolled his head back in annoyance.

"Dude, it's only 11:20. We have plenty of time," Hanbin reasoned as he adjusted his knit beanie.

Taehyung scratched the back of his head, "But with your speed, who knows how long we'll get there. It's far away from this neighborhood."

Tired from this argument, I cut in, "Guys, it's New Year's Eve. I don't want to remember this New Year's Eve to be full of bickering and stupidity. Let's just enjoy the time we have now until the fresh start of the new year." Hopefully, that'll ease the boys' mind.

Hanbin then jogged over to Taehyung, "Alright. Here's to a better beginning!"

With that, he continued to jog ahead of Taehyung and I as we caught up to him.

 

 

 

"Dammit, Hanbinnie, who knew you had such great stamina," Taehyung heavily breathed as he stumbled onto the grass with his back hitting the green field, "This spot is perfect to watch the fireworks, what do you think, guys?"

I sat to the right of Taehyung and released a chuckle within the chilly gust of wind, "How can you be tired already? You were the one that practically rushed Hanbin over here. That only took us 10 minutes to jog anyway."

Taehyung shot me a deadpanned look, "Seriously. Sometimes, I forget that you're a runner."

"I'm back!"

Taehyung and I both looked behind us to see Hanbin carrying three cones of cotton candy.

"I figured that it would be too cold for ice cream, so I settled for this. We practically love all sweets so I didn't find any fault in buying these," Hanbin explained as he handed each of us our cotton candy cones, "Enjoy!"

Taehyung's facial expression is probably freezing him to death. He probably doesn't care anyway, he's alien Taehyung after all, with this mouth hanging wide open and face fully exposed to the cold breeze that is surrounding us, "Thanks, dude!"

"You're the best!" I happily smiled as I grabbed onto my cotton candy cone.

Although Hanbin was sitting to the right of me, I felt his eyes staring at me the whole time—from the corner of my eye...

I slowly turned my head to the right to look at him, just slightly hoping that he would do justice in turning straight forward to wait for the fireworks.

That didn't seem to work.

He didn't avert his eyes at all.

Instead, our eyes met and I quickly looked away. Wait. Why did I do that? He's supposed to be the one to avert his eyes from me. I looked back at Hanbin and he has yet to break his gaze away from me. Strangely, the beating of my heart is increasing from Hanbin's strange actions. The temperature in my cheeks seem to also be increasing from this strange occurrence. This is disturbing.

"Uh. Hanbin?" I asked as I looked into the sky, averting his eye contact.

"Hmm?" He hummed as I can feel his eyes piercing into my very soul.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter