Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

Grandma's Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Chaeji

"Your friends are going to be here waiting for you," my grandmother said sternly while looking out the window, "You should get ready."

"Can't I just stay at home and spend time with you? I see them almost everyday anyway." I said as I back hugged my grandma. She jolted in surprise.

"Well, we see each other everyday, yet I don't hear you complaining about seeing me. I bet most normal teenagers would rather see their friends than their grandmothers." My grandma chuckled after fixing the curtains.

"Then I'm not normal grandma," I giggled while releasing my hug, "That's why I'd rather spend time with you." I said as I tapped my grandmother's adorable nose. Yes, it's been years since I've started living with my grandma and I absolutely love it! It's like my grandma completes me, but ever since I've turned into a teenager, she's been pushing me away. She keeps saying that Taehyung and Hanbin are there for me, and I get that they are since we're all best friends! I just prefer to stick with my grandma. Is there any wrong doing in that? There. I just called myself a Grandma's Girl. 

"Aish, Chaeji, just go get dressed." My grandma demanded as she held her forehead in a sarcastic manner. We've been watching too many K-Dramas, haven't we, grandma? I enthusiastically saluted and followed her command as I knew she was being sarcastic.

My grandma can be so funny sometimes, that's just what I love about her.

 

 

Grandma Uyu

​"Oh, you boys are here already?" I opened the door for Taehyung and Hanbin to come in.

I'm so glad Chaeji has been friends with my friends' grandkids. The whole idea about it is adorable. Speaking of Chaeji's friends, I can almost picture them as 5 year olds as if it were yesterday when they were laughing and playing with bubbles. That was such a touching moment for me to know that she has friends by her side, not just me. 

Since all of them, including Chaeji, are taller than me, I am just fascinated by how much children can grow these days.

"Yes, Grandma Uyu, we just thought that we'd stop by at an earlier time since there's really nothing else to do. It's the summer." Taehyung smiled brightly while he and Hanbin walked over to the couches in the living room. I swear that boy can smile even if he's freezing in the Antarctic territory. 

"What do you mean nothing else to do?!?! I'm not  your entertainer!" I acted as if I lashed out on them. Of course I was just being sarcastic with them. I'm just feeling so sarcastic today. Aish these kids.

Suddenly, Taehyung's face turned pale as if he'd committed a terrible crime. Oh poor kid.

"Ah, Taehyung-ah, I was just kidding! I didn't mean to sound so mean!" I waved my hands, "You know I've never been mad at you before!" I said while trying to make him feel better. Hanbin, on the other hand, was looking over at the stairs, "Yah, Hanbin, help Taehyung feel better. I think he died. I'll get Chaeji to come down, okay?" I said as I patted Hanbin's shoulders to then climb up the stairs. 

Ugh stairs.

Stairs can really work my knees to the fullest.

 

 

 

As soon as I opened the door to Chaeji's room, I found her sleeping on her bed.

 

SLEEPING.

 

ON.

 

HER.

 

BED.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter